• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Official Seahawk Draft thread

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess your right on that. I believe they interviewed Carter last season after his trouble last season.

Honestly, if DUI/DWI was a huge character issue, then Geno and others would have been passed over. Golden Tate was caught in the donut shop (granted I can't remember if that was post draft, I think it was, but I still chuckle about it).

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now a lot of people are mocking and saying Penix is going to be a 1st round pick and ahead of Nix... some sources are saying he impressed the most at the combine for QB.

Penix and Nix remain all over the map. Some people see one of them in the early teens. Others have him in the 2nd round.

I think at least one of them will go in the 2nd and maybe both. Or maybe late 1st

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be okay with Penix at 16 (or at slight trade back) because that means he'd sit a year, which would 100% be ideal for him.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penix and Nix remain all over the map. Some people see one of them in the early teens. Others have him in the 2nd round.

I think at least one of them will go in the 2nd and maybe both. Or maybe late 1st
Penix went pick 38 in Sportshoopla mock draft. Wasn't easy for me to let him pass and on top of that I got no trade down offers.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penix went pick 38 in Sportshoopla mock draft. Wasn't easy for me to let him pass and on top of that I got no trade down offers.

I would be pretty happy with Fautanu.

As I've said I would fine if we took Penix at 16 but I would be pretty shocked by it. Maybe if we still had a 2nd we would have done it. But not addressing OG or LB until day 3 would be really risky.

I do hope they trade down.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kiper has them both going in the early 2nd in his latest mock. But yeah, they are both all over the map. I would bet at least 1 goes in round 1.

And add Kiper to the list of pundits who think we are taking Troy Fautanu.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumors are there are 4 or more teams wanting the Hawks 16th pick right now and have all ready started talking to Seattle. Chiefs, Eagles, Green Bay and Dallas just for starters. These are just rumors just like the Uniform color change so take it with a grain of salt. I'm sure teams have called about it myself, testing the waters with the new coaches behind JS.

going to be some talented players there at 16 if 4 QB's go in the top 10 and that looks like it could be likely.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the uniform topic, the NFL will now allow teams 3 different helmet designs. Maybe they do an alt silver helmet with the current design?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anyone wants Dane Brugler's detailed write up on any prospect and doesn't have an Athletic sub, let me know which player and I'll post it here.

Here's Fautanu's..

1712857077643.png

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After his DUI I am surprised he's getting a visit considering JS talk about character being a big consideration.

If this was his first screw up than it's not a character issue. Stupid mistake and thankfully no one was hurt by it.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumors are there are 4 or more teams wanting the Hawks 16th pick right now and have all ready started talking to Seattle. Chiefs, Eagles, Green Bay and Dallas just for starters. These are just rumors just like the Uniform color change so take it with a grain of salt. I'm sure teams have called about it myself, testing the waters with the new coaches behind JS.

going to be some talented players there at 16 if 4 QB's go in the top 10 and that looks like it could be likely.
Would love to get into a bidding war and hope someone decides to move next years 1st.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have us grabbing Byron Murphy at 16.

I just think he's a guy who can Come in and Be a Game Wrecker at DT.

Something we need to get to the next level.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have us grabbing Byron Murphy at 16.

I just think he's a guy who can Come in and Be a Game Wrecker at DT.

Something we need to get to the next level.

I get what you are saying but we need a lot more than just a game wrecker DT to get to the next level. Takes more than a good DT, Cortez Kennedy never took Seattle to the "Next Level" and he was a once in a generation DT. They need better Linebacker play and i am not sure we got the players there right now. Need better line play need better QB Play need better Safety play ... just to much needs to change or get better for ONE person to flip it much if even at all.

We could get to the next level with out a Game Wrecking DT. If you got some studs rushing the edges it can cover up a lot of weaknesses including DT. It allows for the Safeties to play closer to the LoS because the QB has to get it out in 2 sec or less. This in turn allows more 8 in the box looks against the run.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get what you are saying but we need a lot more than just a game wrecker DT to get to the next level. Takes more than a good DT, Cortez Kennedy never took Seattle to the "Next Level" and he was a once in a generation DT. They need better Linebacker play and i am not sure we got the players there right now. Need better line play need better QB Play need better Safety play ... just to much needs to change or get better for ONE person to flip it much if even at all.

True. But that can come with time IMHO. Having a Wrecking ball at Defense can also help us be a game changing Defense to go with studs like Witherspoon, Mafe, Hall, Woolen

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. But that can come with time IMHO. Having a Wrecking ball at Defense can also help us be a game changing Defense to go with studs like Witherspoon, Mafe, Hall, Woolen

Witherspoons looks special but thats just one year. Woolen looked freaky his rookie year. I am high on our guys some of them but i am not high enough to say they are "special" yet. The other guys have had good days and bad days. Not special yet but fingers crossed. The talent is there but they need more than just talent.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anyone wants Dane Brugler's detailed write up on any prospect and doesn't have an Athletic sub, let me know which player and I'll post it here.

Here's Fautanu's..

I think he would be a pretty smart pick at 16 because of how impactful he could be right away at a spot where there is an obvious big need. Interesting note on Fautanu: he's only 5 months younger than Penix.

Trading down would be ok as well, but I would prefer it to be 6-8 spots or thereabouts to give us a shot to still get someone we really liked at 16.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had a dream last night that we somehow had 4 first round picks. We went OT/G, WR (lol), CB, CB... loooool. There were names I saw in the dream but I didn't remember them when I woke up. I think one of the DBs had like <First> "Buster" <Last> and was supposed to be some beast of a DB and all the other teams after us were annoyed we took him.

Woke up and was like, "THE FUCK!?"

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had a dream last night that we somehow had 4 first round picks. We went OT/G, WR (lol), CB, CB... loooool. There were names I saw in the dream but I didn't remember them when I woke up. I think one of the DBs had like <First> "Buster" <Last> and was supposed to be some beast of a DB and all the other teams after us were annoyed we took him.

Woke up and was like, "THE FUCK!?"

you are Playing to much madden. God i hate EA and Madden. You couldn't PAY me to play Madden and we need the NFL to stop giving them the exclusive rights to it.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you are Playing to much madden. God i hate EA and Madden. You couldn't PAY me to play Madden and we need the NFL to stop giving them the exclusive rights to it.

I haven't played Madden in years. But I have probably been reaching too much draft stuff every day lol.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't played Madden in years. But I have probably been reaching too much draft stuff every day lol.

Dream about lottery numbers.

Also only years? last time i played Madden was 2004 ( TWO DECADES! ) back when i was hoping 2K would get the license.