• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 NHL Playoffs Thread

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers-Panthers game is already pretty physical. That Game 4 had some next level goals in it. Goalies playing really well so every goal is some really nice play or deflection. Very high end hockey.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oilers take Game 5. Kinda dominated through two periods. I didn't see the 3rd but Dallas didn't show up at all.

histkng23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadly, Edmonton has more offensive ability. Dallas, can't score when needed. If you look at their playoffs, a lot of low scoring, one goal games. As much as I hate seeing the Oilers winning, I just don't think Dallas can create enough offense to ultimately have enough...

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadly, Edmonton has more offensive ability. Dallas, can't score when needed. If you look at their playoffs, a lot of low scoring, one goal games. As much as I hate seeing the Oilers winning, I just don't think Dallas can create enough offense to ultimately have enough...

I think Oilers are loaded on offense, but Dallas not generating enough towards Skinner is crazy to me. You still have Bouchard, Nurse, Ceci defending.

But Edmonton definitely finding goals pretty much whenever they want, which puts pressure on your opponent.

See if Dallas responds, but Edmonton one game from the finals and huge chance at home to get it done.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edmonton holds on. Felt like they were in control but they ended up with ten shots total for the game. Felt like that Game 4 against LA where LA lost 1-0 outshooting them like 40-12.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, that didn't work out as I wanted it to. I seriously thought Dallas was the deeper superior team. Oettinger let in a few goals in G4-6 that I felt were stoppable and maybe that was the difference.

Cats are the last hope, I will not be happy seeing Edmonton win. Dallas just seemed to lose steam the last few games and Edmonton really cracked it down defensively which is feels extremely weird to say.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thought this was pretty funny. With social media you can feel the anger from various fan bases. I think more people root against teams than for teams by the time the finals come along.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, that didn't work out as I wanted it to. I seriously thought Dallas was the deeper superior team. Oettinger let in a few goals in G4-6 that I felt were stoppable and maybe that was the difference.

Cats are the last hope, I will not be happy seeing Edmonton win. Dallas just seemed to lose steam the last few games and Edmonton really cracked it down defensively which is feels extremely weird to say.

Same. I feel like running 7 games with Vegas and 6 with Colorado. Sprinkle in some long OTs. Maybe they did lose some steam. Especially with the older dudes like Benn, Sutter, Duchene, Pavelksi. Edmonton made light work of LA but also went 7 against Vancouver. Agree that Oettinger looked very beatable this series (and he had struggles all year honestly). But you can also just credit Oilers offense too. They manufacture offense like crazy. McDavid is pressuring all the time. Feels like they figured out the cheat code with special teams. The biggest thing to watch is that in my opinion. Florida is 88% PK in Playoffs, but they're the most penalized by a lot. Seems like a real dangerous game against Edmonton. But they have the grit and they have their own offense to pressure the Oilers. Also thought Draisaitl had a down series, but they said for whatever reason, DeBoer coached teams hold him in check. He's banging at like 1.4 points a game in his playoff history, and it drops to less than .5 against DeBoer teams.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a Florida fan but NO CANADA
Also a team that choose Evandar Kane should not be rewarded. Also Perry needs to set the record for most Stanley cup losses on most different teams

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a Florida fan but NO CANADA
Also a team that choose Evandar Kane should not be rewarded. Also Perry needs to set the record for most Stanley cup losses on most different teams

I don't have anything against Florida, neutral so I'd like to see them win because I do have something against the Oilers. To see McJesus get ousted in his first SCF, new contract approaching and being the face of the NHL would be a crushing blow to his legacy. Psychological warfare is what I'm talking about.

That said Bobrovskyy stole G1, the Cats played very well in the third but 1-2 was owned by Edmonton. Panthers were very opportunistic and they played with fire putting Edmonton on 3 PPs and are fortunate they a didn't score on any of them. Need more discipline and a much better start in G2.

Doesn't help it sure seemed like the Oilers got away with quite a bit with the moving picks, Henrique's board right off the bat that cut OEL open and no call, etc.

And seeing Perry continue to be a bad luck charm for SCF teams would be gold.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,022.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bobrovsky might have stolen Game 1 but it felt like Florida was in control. Same as Edmonton getting dominated in shots by LA in that Game 4 and then Dallas in that final closeout game where Edmonton only had 10 shots in the game. But felt like the outcome wasn't really in doubt.

Been a weird year with all that. Edmonton controlled play and their PP looked dangerous as ever. But Florida had a good game plan and they bodied McDavid all game. Bloodied him up on his chin too. He got his chances but Florida.made sure to hit him every chance they got. Should be an interesting Game 2. And these fatty breaks are the worst. I think 3 days when they switch cities.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So random. Capitals to buy Capfriendly and then make it private.

Yeah not thrilled about that. Invaluable resource for us fans and I stopped tracking contracts and clauses years ago when Cap Geek and then Cap Friendly came around.

Thanks a lot Caps, ya f**king turds.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bobrovsky might have stolen Game 1 but it felt like Florida was in control. Same as Edmonton getting dominated in shots by LA in that Game 4 and then Dallas in that final closeout game where Edmonton only had 10 shots in the game. But felt like the outcome wasn't really in doubt.

Been a weird year with all that. Edmonton controlled play and their PP looked dangerous as ever. But Florida had a good game plan and they bodied McDavid all game. Bloodied him up on his chin too. He got his chances but Florida.made sure to hit him every chance they got. Should be an interesting Game 2. And these fatty breaks are the worst. I think 3 days when they switch cities.

The Oilers were abused all game, Bennett alone had 11 of the 63 hits. But I don't recall him head hunting, he just finished his checks when the opportunity was there. Again, the clear visual differences between real teams and LA. No Xs ans Os here, straight up mindset and game plan: finish your check and finish it hard.

It definitely has been an unusual PO season. Agree that these 3 days between games is also unusual, but clear to me built on giving Edmonton a chance. The distance between the two arenas is the farthest of any two SCF teams ever so travel will be an issue for the players and staff. League seems to be doing everything subtly possible to fulfill McJesus legacy.

Last day possible for the Cup is June 24, same as PLD birthday. Bowlby said he won't buy him out but if it goes 7 the buyout goes to 2/3 of the contract instead of 1/3 if before June 24. Little factoid.

histkng23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I don't want to see the name Tkachuk on the Stanley Cup, ever, I DEFINITELY don't want another team from Canada listed on the Cup, and especially this Edmonton team, with the generous calls they've been afforded the least few years! (The curse will forever be embedded in me after 1993)

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cody PeePee scratched, Desharnais back in who was scratched the last 4 for Broberg.

Cici and Nurse are a clown show, I was hoping Knoblauch would have kept that pair together. Pure entertainment in their defensive zone.

Had to be one of Nurse or Cici and UT wasn't going to be beer bottle neck Nurse.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cody PeePee scratched, Desharnais back in who was scratched the last 4 for Broberg.

Cici and Nurse are a clown show, I was hoping Knoblauch would have kept that pair together. Pure entertainment in their defensive zone.

Had to be one of Nurse or Cici and UT wasn't going to be beer bottle neck Nurse.

Ive made fun of that pairing all season, hod thry are bad....

Foegle just got a 5m major, this is a good chance