• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 NFL Draft discussion thread

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cutting singleton doesn't offer any real salary cap relief though otherwise I would 100% agree he should be gone. $5.6 million dead cap with only $1.6 savings. Next year that flips to $6 million savings and $1.3 in dead cap. Patrick carries a lot of savings so I see him getting cut and understand it but wish things would have worked out better. DJ wasn't very good this year so I would only bring him back at a very low salary as his savings from being cut are substantial.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what if Penix lost on last play to Texas? what would be your impression of him ?

played really well right?

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what if Penix lost on last play to Texas? what would be your impression of him ?

played really well right?
I didn't watch the Washington game, if you're referring to me.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm bias but I think Troy Franklin is going to be the next break out receiver. He has great hands and speed that will translate to the pros.

I just hope he goes somewhere with a QB. I can see him fitting perfect in Denver, Miami, Cincy, Rams, or Chicago as a second or third option to start his career.

Preaching to the choir my friend!!! Let's talk!

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncos seem very high on Riley Moss to me. He got off to a slow start this year with the core injury where he missed the entire preseason. Hard for a rookie CB to catch up after that. He played a bit more at CB and jumped ahead of Mathis as the season went on. He excelled on special teams. As good as Turner-Yell and Tremon Smith were on special teams Moss really started to outshine them later in the year on Special Teams (all 3 were great this year on ST's)

and George Paton said they are confident he will be a starter.

Iowa CB Cooper DeJean should be the first white CB to be drafted in Round 1. Riley Moss or DeJean should become the first white CB to start a game since Jason Seahorn. What a time to be alive. ;)

If these guys had come before me maybe I would have believed more in my chances and taken that offer to play at Coe College. :mad2:

coloradobuff

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncos seem very high on Riley Moss to me. He got off to a slow start this year with the core injury where he missed the entire preseason. Hard for a rookie CB to catch up after that. He played a bit more at CB and jumped ahead of Mathis as the season went on. He excelled on special teams. As good as Turner-Yell and Tremon Smith were on special teams Moss really started to outshine them later in the year on Special Teams (all 3 were great this year on ST's)

and George Paton said they are confident he will be a starter.

Iowa CB Cooper DeJean should be the first white CB to be drafted in Round 1. Riley Moss or DeJean should become the first white CB to start a game since Jason Seahorn. What a time to be alive. ;)

If these guys had come before me maybe I would have believed more in my chances and taken that offer to play at Coe College. :mad2:
For the sake of conversation.....let's say we don't move up in the draft and none of the QB's we like are there at 12.
Do you look at Kool-Aid McKinstry? Go DL with the Newton kid out of Illinois?
Or trade down and get more picks?
I would be fine taking McKinstry @12.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Kool-Aid, Newton and Nate Wiggins. I like all 3 plenty to take at 12. Really just depends on what the trade return is though. I would be interested in moving down for the right price but I really like the top 20 this year.

coloradobuff

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Kool-Aid, Newton and Nate Wiggins. I like all 3 plenty to take at 12. Really just depends on what the trade return is though. I would be interested in moving down for the right price but I really like the top 20 this year.
Totally agree.
I like Kool-Aid more than the other 2.
We need someone across from PS2.
Moreau isn't it.
Mathis was benched.
Moss may or may not be that guy.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moreau had a good season and really surprised me . At the same time it isn't likely to last. He isn't our future at CB .He was a solid stop gap.. Probably prolonged his career a little longer as he was close to being out of the NFL. He did an excellent job but he isn't our long term answer.

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly we are not a good enough team to do anything but draft BPA unless we are very confident in a QB. We just don't have difference makers anywhere outside of PS2 and Simmons and they didn't even have the best years.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly we are not a good enough team to do anything but draft BPA unless we are very confident in a QB. We just don't have difference makers anywhere outside of PS2 and Simmons and they didn't even have the best years.

FA is for need.
Draft for BPA

Now you have to use logic between the two but really really no matter how good or bad you are BPA when it comes to the draft. That is how you turn things around. A good team has the luxury of being able to do that and a bad team should be doing that anyway to make their team better.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hook em!

My new Xavier Worthy is Isaiah Bond and he might just be headed to Texas to replace Worthy.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im the context of the NFL as a whole, I’d say we are an average team - not a bad team. We were 8-9. 8-9 and 9-8 pretty much define average.

Ifs and buts were candy and nuts…we lost to two terrible teams early in the year (Commanders and Jets) that if we had played later that I believe we would have won handily. Would we be saying we were a bad team at 10-7?

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draft bpa. BUT not every position is weighted the same. So the third best quarterback has a greater value add than the best DT. Or the best punter may still not be as great a value as the 12th best DB.

Its all based on what the team thinks is the BPA, and that is determined by a lot of factors.

Oh, and Paton is great at that.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is this guy in the draft and were will he be drafted because I want to watch him in Orange and Blue ... He so fits our head Coach in every way.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is this guy in the draft and were will he be drafted because I want to watch him in Orange and Blue ... He so fits our head Coach in every way.
Unfortunately he’s likely going at 3 to NE or at the very latest 7 to the Titans.