• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 NFL Draft discussion thread

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you need a QB this is the year. Very good QB class. Williams is generational. Just hope he gets his mind mentally ready and doesn’t demand things. Turned off by that but the guy can make every throw possible. He’s elite in terms of football tools and development.
And Nix is the opposite of that.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Nix another Paxton Lynch type of player where it’s a consensus that he needs a few years to develop? Of course Denver knew that going in and yet didn’t give him the years to develop before putting him to the test so if they do draft Nix maybe they will let him sit for a few years

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Nix another Paxton Lynch type of player where it’s a consensus that he needs a few years to develop? Of course Denver knew that going in and yet didn’t give him the years to develop before putting him to the test so if they do draft Nix maybe they will let him sit for a few years
Yes - Nix is known as a developmental QB. From only the collective enlightenment of my experience or my studies - I'm saying this year he out played the old scouting report. Bo Nix makes good QB decisions - has a quick release - and accurate passes. Me makes very good decisions about tuck the ball and running or throwing the ball out of bounds. Nix has a head for the game - Williams does not.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its hard to draft a first round qb thats developmental, older than most, with nothing or no one to develop behind.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its hard to draft a first round qb thats developmental, older than most, with nothing or no one to develop behind.
You're developmental!

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AI is a young science.
Of course, you know, the reality that you and I and the Denver Broncos inhabit is an extra-terrestrial computer simulation that has become sentient. So, our reality is already based on artificial intelligence. The question that remains is why would the Artificial Intelligence, already controlling us, let slip the concept of Artificial Intelligence? It's a red herring and so are you. ;)

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Verse has fallen a bit, and there's questions about McCarthy (when arent there questions about qb's), so both could still wind up at 18 or so.

We aren't making the playoffs.
Verse is a freaking horse. So much so that he needs one on his helmet.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without knowing what is going to happen in FA I think we really have to target pass rushers (but only based on value) right now.

Top pass rushers in Round 1 would be

Laitu Latu, UCLA
Dallas Turner, BAMA
Chop Robinson, Penn State
Jared Verse, FSU
Braeln Trice, Washington

Wish Princley of Florida would have declared. Instead he transferred to Ole Miss. He would have been a late round 1 pick, IMO... Think he is trying to get into the top 15 by returning to college.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone think that, if they do get the first overall pick, the Bears stay put, go with Fields and draft Marvin Harrison Jr ??

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone think that, if they do get the first overall pick, the Bears stay put, go with Fields and draft Marvin Harrison Jr ??
Wow that would be a bold decision likely to blow up. My though is when the Bears select a QB with the 1st pick they will want to trade Fields. He only has one more cost controlled year and his 5th year option is 20 Million but could be someone the Broncos pick up for a mid round pick and develop him behind Russ for a year?

coloradobuff

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be mad at that.
There are a handful for young, athletic QB's that I would love to see Payton do his magic on. ( Zach Wilson, Fields, Lock, etc.)

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colin Cowherd thinks the Steelers should offer TJ Watt, George Pickens and 3 #1's for Caleb Williams.

The guy is special. He can make every throw. Yes, that is a lot.

Mountain Bronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colin Cowherd thinks the Steelers should offer TJ Watt, George Pickens and 3 #1's for Caleb Williams.

The guy is special. He can make every throw. Yes, that is a lot.
I wouldn't take that if I were Chicago in this draft. You would get an aging (will be 30 next year) on a big contract, a WR who hasn't proven to be a #1 and middle to likely late round picks so you still wouldn't have a QB.

That said, while I am firmly in the Caleb Williams is a generational talent camp, Trevor Lawrence was thought to be the same and I would argue his career while solid has been pretty underwhelming for such a generational talent so it is never a sure thing.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Lawrence is on the right path to being elite, isn't there yet but he is still going to get better and is already one of the better QB's in the NFL but I also think Caleb Williams has the physical tools and development to be in a class by himself. That is how highly I think of Williams with what I see. I would grade Williams higher then Lawrence coming out and I graded Lawrence pretty high.

Of course, there is always bust potential for various reasons with any pro athlete.

There aren't enough #1 picks you could give the Chiefs right now to trade away Mahomes and I feel that is what you have with Caleb Williams.. Which is why I echo what Clayton said. #1 is untradeable.

I like Drake Maye a lot too. Was my college fantasy QB the last two years and really enjoyed watching him... Mahomes was also once my star college fantasy QB before he was really known around the nation. It all started with watching him vs Oklahoma his FR year when he wasn't even the starter and came in during that game to shred them.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Lawrence is on the right path to being elite, isn't there yet but he is still going to get better and is already one of the better QB's in the NFL but I also think Caleb Williams has the physical tools and development to be in a class by himself. That is how highly I think of Williams with what I see. I would grade Williams higher then Lawrence coming out and I graded Lawrence pretty high.

Of course, there is always bust potential for various reasons with any pro athlete.

There aren't enough #1 picks you could give the Chiefs right now to trade away Mahomes and I feel that is what you have with Caleb Williams.. Which is why I echo what Clayton said. #1 is untradeable.

I like Drake Maye a lot too. Was my college fantasy QB the last two years and really enjoyed watching him... Mahomes was also once my star college fantasy QB before he was really known around the nation. It all started with watching him vs Oklahoma his FR year when he wasn't even the starter and came in during that game to shred them.
I actually think Maye looks a bit like Lawrence. QB evaluation is really tough, though, without actually seeing these guys learn because a generational college QB is just a starting QB in the NFL.