• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 NFL Draft discussion thread

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Answer below

1. I knew you were referring to an article because I have seen multiple articles about us trading Surtain posted for clicks. Everyone on this forum has seen them. Everyone and their dog has seen them. I can' tell you how many non Bronco friends of mine I have sent me these articles asking me "What is up with this", I can tell you there are 4 other members in this forum attributing to this thread who have discussed these silly articles with me so yes, to answer your question I have seen them. Not just one of them but multiples. If you have any form of social media you have been seeing these since right before the trade deadline last year. So yes, I knew exactly what you were referring to when you posted that. It had nothing to do with the person who posted it, it had everything to do with the people writing them.

2. I had EVERY way of knowing for the exact reasons above. Go back and re-read my posts. Pay special attention to my post at 10:15 AM. Here it is is to save you some scrolling.

No. I am an advocate for people to write about things that make sense. I have seen too many articles by people who want you to click on their link with something dumb inside.

“Broncos looking to trade star player”

Click, clicks, clicks.

(Someone get me a tylenol)

LGM clearly understood I was talking about the people writing the articles and not you. I can tell you that so did multiple others who hit me up after reading these posts.

3. Again, I knew exactly what you were posting and that it wasn't from you. I have seen the headline on my social media a good 15 times since last Fall. Don't forget the most important detail... Which is the fact that I was 100% right to know it was coming from someone else and not an opinion you posted. You can also tell by the way it is written. I think you're are missing the point here. I clearly stated it in my first two post here, when I make the comment that nowadays anyone can write a sports article on the web.. I say nothing about your opinion being dumb yet you try to spin it another way.

4. It is a message board. I am going to share my opinion. If I think an article is dumb... I think it is dumb. If I think someone writes about something dumb it doesn't mean I am rooting for them to fail in life. Just like if I think the Broncos draft someone I am not high on I am going to voice my opinion on it and move on and hope for the best. I'm not going to root for that person to fail.

5. No matter how many times you want to say it... I can promise you with 100% that I knew you were referring to an article. I don't want to sound like a broken record but I even state that. LGM understood and so did others. Bottom line is, I knew what you read because I have seen those articles (more then 1) posted out there. I don't care if it is 1 or 100.... I still think they are dumb notions. We aren't trading Surtain this year and every Bronco fan knows that. He has two years left on his contract and he is a top 3 CB in the NFL. He has his 5th year option in 2025 and then we will tag him. If we can't sign him long term after that, then yeah maybe if articles start coming out about trading him then, they will be more legit. Every player is open for the right price but truth is, it doesn't make sense to trade Surtain this year. My point in my response was that we say wao too many people writing articles about things that don't make sense as in today's social media world all you need is a keyboard and a quick guide to making a webpage to be able to create a link and then post that link, put a catchy headline on there to get clicks.. (Which is why I put Broncos could trade SuperStar", catchy phrase to get people to open your article)

6. Yup and again. I knew what you were posting. I have read the articles. If I hadn't see any links or catchy phrases to get you to click on a page that had to do with a Surtain deal were created and you had posted that you think we should shop Surtain I would have replied another way. I wouldn't have agreed with you but just like I didn't call YOU dumb posting what you did, I wouldn't have called you dumb if it was different context. Again, you're missing the obvious response I gave that would indicate I knew where it was coming from...

7. See every response above.

8. Lastly, I mean what I said above and I hope that is clear in my initial response. I can say with 100% guarantee that I wasn't calling you dumb but rather the articles out there that were dumb. If you see that another way I am sorry but I am content with it. I know what I meant, others know what I meant and the man above knows what I meant. If you don't think I am being honest then I am sorry you feel that way but there isn't much more I can say about it other then what I already have. Probably doesn't help that OC posted "calm down", if you know OC and I's relationship then you would also probably understand a bit better that he was giving me crap. We talk daily, we like to give each other crap. I can promise you that he almost knew what I was talking about because we talk about it all the time.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be opposed to trading Surtain unless it netted us a deal we could not refuse, and that ain’t happening. He’s a generational talent at one of the most coveted positions on the field. Guys with his talent are few and far between. Im a McCarthy fan too, but I would rather have Surtain and Nix than just McCarthy

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is everyone doing for the draft?

I took Thursday and Friday off as usual. Will be going back home to watch it with my brother. My mom and dad will be gone on a trip so going to have an Airbnb at their house. Initally, was going to stay home and watch it myself this year but seems like a get away will be nice while checking on things for them at their place over the weekend. Will probably head back a few hours before the draft starts on Thursday then use Friday to hang out and get out of town and grab some draft day snacks for the Friday and Saturday portions of the draft. Nothing special but will be nice to have some time off and of course watch the draft.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to DC's house.

LGM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember to use the key in the mailbox. Changed the locks on George this year.
Thanks. Probably a wise decision given his propensity to steal skittles.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks. Probably a wise decision given his propensity to steal skittles.
To his credit @SpringStein holds the world record for the number of skittles that can be shoved into one mouth without swallowing or spitting them out.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Answer below

1. I knew you were referring to an article because I have seen multiple articles about us trading Surtain posted for clicks. Everyone on this forum has seen them. Everyone and their dog has seen them. I can' tell you how many non Bronco friends of mine I have sent me these articles asking me "What is up with this", I can tell you there are 4 other members in this forum attributing to this thread who have discussed these silly articles with me so yes, to answer your question I have seen them. Not just one of them but multiples. If you have any form of social media you have been seeing these since right before the trade deadline last year. So yes, I knew exactly what you were referring to when you posted that. It had nothing to do with the person who posted it, it had everything to do with the people writing them.

2. I had EVERY way of knowing for the exact reasons above. Go back and re-read my posts. Pay special attention to my post at 10:15 AM. Here it is is to save you some scrolling.

No. I am an advocate for people to write about things that make sense. I have seen too many articles by people who want you to click on their link with something dumb inside.

“Broncos looking to trade star player”

Click, clicks, clicks.

(Someone get me a tylenol)

LGM clearly understood I was talking about the people writing the articles and not you. I can tell you that so did multiple others who hit me up after reading these posts.

3. Again, I knew exactly what you were posting and that it wasn't from you. I have seen the headline on my social media a good 15 times since last Fall. Don't forget the most important detail... Which is the fact that I was 100% right to know it was coming from someone else and not an opinion you posted. You can also tell by the way it is written. I think you're are missing the point here. I clearly stated it in my first two post here, when I make the comment that nowadays anyone can write a sports article on the web.. I say nothing about your opinion being dumb yet you try to spin it another way.

4. It is a message board. I am going to share my opinion. If I think an article is dumb... I think it is dumb. If I think someone writes about something dumb it doesn't mean I am rooting for them to fail in life. Just like if I think the Broncos draft someone I am not high on I am going to voice my opinion on it and move on and hope for the best. I'm not going to root for that person to fail.

5. No matter how many times you want to say it... I can promise you with 100% that I knew you were referring to an article. I don't want to sound like a broken record but I even state that. LGM understood and so did others. Bottom line is, I knew what you read because I have seen those articles (more then 1) posted out there. I don't care if it is 1 or 100.... I still think they are dumb notions. We aren't trading Surtain this year and every Bronco fan knows that. He has two years left on his contract and he is a top 3 CB in the NFL. He has his 5th year option in 2025 and then we will tag him. If we can't sign him long term after that, then yeah maybe if articles start coming out about trading him then, they will be more legit. Every player is open for the right price but truth is, it doesn't make sense to trade Surtain this year. My point in my response was that we say wao too many people writing articles about things that don't make sense as in today's social media world all you need is a keyboard and a quick guide to making a webpage to be able to create a link and then post that link, put a catchy headline on there to get clicks.. (Which is why I put Broncos could trade SuperStar", catchy phrase to get people to open your article)

6. Yup and again. I knew what you were posting. I have read the articles. If I hadn't see any links or catchy phrases to get you to click on a page that had to do with a Surtain deal were created and you had posted that you think we should shop Surtain I would have replied another way. I wouldn't have agreed with you but just like I didn't call YOU dumb posting what you did, I wouldn't have called you dumb if it was different context. Again, you're missing the obvious response I gave that would indicate I knew where it was coming from...

7. See every response above.

8. Lastly, I mean what I said above and I hope that is clear in my initial response. I can say with 100% guarantee that I wasn't calling you dumb but rather the articles out there that were dumb. If you see that another way I am sorry but I am content with it. I know what I meant, others know what I meant and the man above knows what I meant. If you don't think I am being honest then I am sorry you feel that way but there isn't much more I can say about it other then what I already have. Probably doesn't help that OC posted "calm down", if you know OC and I's relationship then you would also probably understand a bit better that he was giving me crap. We talk daily, we like to give each other crap. I can promise you that he almost knew what I was talking about because we talk about it all the time.
DC, I appreciate your time here, and response ..

Obviously, the reader took the words differently than the writer ... I'm always one sentence from joking or laughing over something, so it is no biggie .. But I appreciate the post

If there is ever a misunderstanding or eye rolling moment in the future, my PM is always open .. and I feel the same for you .... "Lucas, I didn't mean you" in a PM would have fine ... Probably better than PMing LGM about it

What keeps this forum so great is that I am 100% certain that, in person, we'd all great along great ... I'm at a bit of a disadvantage here because for 20 some years, I've been nothing more than words on a screen here to everyone ...

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now, back to the Broncos

Courtland Sutton chose not to attend "voluntary workouts"

No biggie, they're voluntary ??

Sutton currently has two years left on a four-year $60.8 million extension that he signed in November of 2021. There is only $2 million remaining from that deal in guaranteed money, however, and given the skyrocketing salaries for receivers, Sutton is probably hoping to receive a new deal that is more in line with his likely market value.

All this could amount to nothing ... It could point - as this snippet implies - to Sutton making the decision to stay away, for whatever reason ..

But I'm thinking it is a possibility that Sutton has been informed to stay away because by the end of the month or start of camp, he'll no longer be a Bronco ..

I have always liked Sutton, but the more I think about it, the less it seems he fits in with the future - even the immediate future

LGM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there is ever a misunderstanding or eye rolling moment in the future, my PM is always open .. and I feel the same for you .... "Lucas, I didn't mean you" in a PM would have fine ... Probably better than PMing LGM about it.
Not at all how it went down, but whatever.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not at all how it went down, but whatever.

Yeah, not sure where the thought of me PMing LGM came in.

Also, @SpiritOf77 you called me out on the forum for my post so probably going to respond to you in the post and not a PM itself. If you call me out everyone else is also reading it so that is where I am going to respond.

Either way, it was a misunderstanding and it is over with as far as I am concerned.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was looking back at my 2017 mock draft for Denver. This is a mock where 32 other GM's pick for their teams. Here was my draft.

5 of these guys ended up playing for Denver at some point. Only McGovern was drafted by them but

Vannett, McGovern, Williams, Morrison and Weatherly all played for Denver at some pointn of their career. All 10 of the drafted players had fairly decent NFL career with 8 still in the NFL.

Denver Broncos

Round 2- Chris Jones, DL, Mississippi State
Round 2- Sterling Shepard, WR, Oklahoma
Round 3- Dak Prescott, QB, Mississippi State
Round 3- James Bradberry, S, Samford
Round 4- Nick Vannett, TE, Ohio State
Round 4- Connor McGovern, OG, Missouri
Round 5- Jonathan Williams, RB, Arkansas
Round 6- Antonio Morrison, ILB, Florida
Round 7- Stephen Weatherly, OLB, Vanderbilt
Round 7- Kevin Peterson, CB, Oklahoma State

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fantasy Football GIF by The Challenge

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have a first round pick for the first time in 3 years and this place is more dead then previous years with draft talk. Step it up!

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear more and more people say Denver won't get good enough offer to trade down, Yes that is possible but, teams wouldn't move up for top 2 CB's why not? The reason I'm trade down guy is to take advantage of T WR depth we only have 2 top 100 picks. Edge QB DT OT WR that is 5 vs 2.

coloradobuff

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear more and more people say Denver won't get good enough offer to trade down, Yes that is possible but, teams wouldn't move up for top 2 CB's why not? The reason I'm trade down guy is to take advantage of T WR depth we only have 2 top 100 picks. Edge QB DT OT WR that is 5 vs 2.
Philly and LA Rams are 2 perfect teams to trade down with.
Maybe even Tampa Bay.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d be surprised if we don’t get good offers at 12. Whether we take it or not, I have no clue.

But if Arnold(cb) and/or Turner (edge) are there at 12, I think several teams would want to move up and grab the top player at those premium positions. And with the run on QBs and WRs, that’s really possible.