• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 NBA Draft Thread

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure why we messed with the lottery so bad in the first place. Because Philly utilized it to get better? Don't we want better teams and less mediocrity

People (Q for example) want a tournament to "win" the #1 pick, to find anyway possible to get the top prospects to better teams.

Outright tanking is a problem to competitive balance though, so this certainly is discouraging tanking. Would Detroit try it again next season?

Mediocrity isn't the league's concern; they're pushing forward with expansion.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People (Q for example) want a tournament to "win" the #1 pick, to find anyway possible to get the top prospects to better teams.

Outright tanking is a problem to competitive balance though, so this certainly is discouraging tanking. Would Detroit try it again next season?

Detroit wasn't tanking. They had a cast that didn't fit and they were coached as badly as I've ever seen.

In the very few games Monty actually mixed up his rotation they performed well. Miraculously he continued to trot out all bench lineups over and over again and watched then squander lead after lead.

The lineups involving Cade Stew Ivey and Duren actually outscored their opposition. As did the five man plus Ausar and the 5 man plus Fontecchio.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don’t want the better teams getting guys

I’ve already said my tourney would be the bottom 6 or so teams

But you can’t have teams playing operation shutdown and getting rewarded either

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit wasn't tanking. They had a cast that didn't fit and they were coached as badly as I've ever seen.

In the very few games Monty actually mixed up his rotation they performed well. Miraculously he continued to trot out all bench lineups over and over again and watched then squander lead after lead.

The lineups involving Cade Stew Ivey and Duren actually outscored their opposition. As did the five man plus Ausar and the 5 man plus Fontecchio.

Those guys need minutes too…

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t want the better teams getting guys

I’ve already said my tourney would be the bottom 6 or so teams

But you can’t have teams playing operation shutdown and getting rewarded either

Do you honestly think putting those 6 teams against each other is going to result in the bottom rung teams having any likely shot at the #1 pick?

Lottery or straight records are the real options. NBA could nanny the bad teams like they do the better teams by penalizing for benched healthy stars if need be; they've already dipped their toes there.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My original point was that they've made bad decisions for the last decade. They have. It's too early on Ivey and Thompson, but the early returns on Ivey aren't all that good.

As far as lottery odds, they only had a 14% chance to get the #1 pick from 21-24. Getting it one time I would say is fortunate. The team with the worst record hasn't gotten the #1 pick in like 7 years I think it was. If anything, they're unfortunate to have gotten it in 2021 when there wasn't a true superstar prospect.

I'm not even talking about Wemby falling into their lap. There's a world where they have Haliburton, Mobley, and then assuming their record is better a guy like Jaylen Williams towards the back half of the lottery. They've just made bad decisions for a while now.

And this is probably the first time I've ever been accused of trolling. Lol.
Ehhh not one team was taking Mobley over Cunningham so I don’t think that is fair.
Obviously, 19 and 20 were bad drafts for them but 4 other teams passed on Hali and SAC traded him so I think the point is a lot of teams could make better picks. Detroit was just depending on the draft more than a lot of teams. Just not a whole lot around Cunningham who I still think is a stud. The FO definitely did not do a good job over the years

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those guys need minutes too…

Yes they do. Blended with the regulars more effectively.

Not running out lineups with Sasser Muscola Danilo and like fucking Fournier and some G League reject for 6 minutes and getting smashed by 14 for those 6 minutes.

He did like every damn game.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ehhh not one team was taking Mobley over Cunningham so I don’t think that is fair.
Obviously, 19 and 20 were bad drafts for them but 4 other teams passed on Hali and SAC traded him so I think the point is a lot of teams could make better picks. Detroit was just depending on the draft more than a lot of teams. Just not a whole lot around Cunningham who I still think is a stud. The FO definitely did not do a good job over the years

Everything except their last 4 draft picks and the Grimes trade has been a raging dumpster fire.

Stew was a good pick. So was Bey and they traded him for a center so they could then re sign Bagley lol

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, for sure a bunch of teams could have selected better. Haliburton thought he was going to Detroit so they definitely had a lot of interest there. At least SAC traded him for Sabonis, who is another All-Star caliber player. And I don't blame DET for taking Cade, but if they had taken Haliburton, it's super easy to take Mobley. I think it's fair to say Mobley has been the better player this far.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, for sure a bunch of teams could have selected better. Haliburton thought he was going to Detroit so they definitely had a lot of interest there. At least SAC traded him for Sabonis, who is another All-Star caliber player. And I don't blame DET for taking Cade, but if they had taken Haliburton, it's super easy to take Mobley. I think it's fair to say Mobley has been the better player this far.

They’d still take cade and would’ve just put them in a weird spot wirh ivey

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They’d still take cade and would’ve just put them in a weird spot wirh ivey

Yea Cade can play off ball. No Ivey obviously.

Mathurin there maybe instead.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Bronny is only 6’1 1/2”

Yikes. The odds are against him greatly. He should have stayed in college one or two more years

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t know why but it is just harder to tank in football?

Injuries?

But you don’t see teams just roll over and die in the nfl like you see nba teams do post AS break

I still vote for the tournament to be the lottery tournament and not some worthless in season one

You can even set up safeguards so teams can’t stash and hold guys to tank and then bring them back for the lotto tourney

Big pot for bad teams to play for and bad teams get High picks for trying

Doesn’t matter.

Teams going to do it no matter what.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Bronny is only 6’1 1/2”

Yikes. The odds are against him greatly. He should have stayed in college one or two more years

To what end?

He won’t be good enough in 2 years either.

Let him use his dad to get drafted.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BigFin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine Bronny throwing an alley to his dad. That’ll be one of the more iconic moments in NBA history.