• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 NBA Draft Thread

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. 2nd apron is so punitive that the only Phoenix can really improve their roster beside working the margins hoping to nail the right combo of vet mins and G-league type players is dismantle their roster and almost start from scratch. And even then, the way its structured, they aren't going to get fair market value. Like if they put Booker on the market, the restrictions in place basically amount to them getting like 60 cents on the dollar for him. These penalties are HARSH for teams in that territory. The league really doesn't want teams operating that way.
The NBA has completely botched its cap situation.

It's why you have to tank to improve. If you don't have a star the NBA will give the calls to someone else so they can hype them more in marketing.

It's sad. They should get rid of the cap completely for a few years just to reset all the fuck ups they have made.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NBA has completely botched its cap situation.

It's why you have to tank to improve. If you don't have a star the NBA will give the calls to someone else so they can hype them more in marketing.

It's sad. They should get rid of the cap completely for a few years just to reset all the fuck ups they have made.

If they didn’t flatten the cap it would be 40m more today and things would be fine and back to normal

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn the draft just got crushed by some surprising returnees and bubble guys who probably should’ve stayed in

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,446.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard he’s ranked as the 54th best prospect for the draft so late 2nd round talent which sounds right especially this year
He helped himself at the draft combine and at the Klutch sports day. He could go early to mid 2nd round.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn the draft just got crushed by some surprising returnees and bubble guys who probably should’ve stayed in

Karaban was a very interesting one.

On one hand-I get wanting to go for the 3peat and he probably crushes it in NIL.

But on other hand he did well in work outs and that guy isn’t randomly gaining athleticism. He’s just gonna enter draft a year older in a way better draft.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

On one hand-I get wanting to go for the 3peat and he probably crushes it in NIL.

But on other hand he did well in work outs and that guy isn’t randomly gaining athleticism. He’s just gonna enter draft a year older in a way better draft.

As a uconn fan I totally agree

It’s hard for his stock to get much higher

But he’ll likely be the #1 guy or at least #2 this year and needs to put the ball on the deck more

I think I read only 9 of his 3 attempts werent catch and shoot last year

Still, I thought Denver was a good landing spot for him

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sandeford is another guy like that

I think he was likely gonna go too 45-50

But he pulled out

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing the Pistons need the most is a real coach, can they draft one from the college ranks or even the retired college ranks? I'd love to hear, with the #5 pick the Pistons take Jay Wright from ESPN (or wherever he has been popping up).

Dude we made the worst coaching decision from a contractual standpoint in sports history. The only way forward is probably to cut losses and release him

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude we made the worst coaching decision from a contractual standpoint in sports history. The only way forward is probably to cut losses and release him
I can't believe that Gores is so spineless that after the worst season in franchise history he not only didn't just clean house, he created another layer of administration to hopefully do his dirty work. Everyone has to go: we have developed no one that we have drafted, we have no strategy on the court, we have completely mismanage any assets that we have. Trajan just needs to start from scratch with some kind of unified vision.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can't believe that Gores is so spineless that after the worst season in franchise history he not only didn't just clean house, he created another layer of administration to hopefully do his dirty work. Everyone has to go: we have developed no one that we have drafted, we have no strategy on the court, we have completely mismanage any assets that we have. Trajan just needs to start from scratch with some kind of unified vision.

That is the issue with The Godfather offer

Someone it just means you’re stuck with someone who doesn’t want to be there

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is the issue with The Godfather offer

Someone it just means you’re stuck with someone who doesn’t want to be there

Just an absolutely shitty thing to do from Monty. If he doesn't turn it around this year...literally fuck that guy and anythingbad further that happens to him in his life is karma. I hate to be that cold but that's absolute shit from a human being standpoint. I firmly believe in that and he will get his ten fold.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That salary amount would be enough for LeBron, especially if it meant playing with his son. As for the restof those cap details I have no idea, @The Q would know for sure

I tend to agree with those here who say LeBron isn't going anywhere even if Bronny is drafted somewhere else. But it's that time of year, and let's be honest we love this part of it...the NBA chatter is almost all year even in the offseason

Since a S&T is out of the question due to the new cap rules for teams over the 2nd apron, any Lebron trade to the Suns would have to match salary exactly (unless the Lakers stay under the first apron somehow, losing DLo, not using the TPMLE, etc) and it couldn't happen until December 15th at the earliest.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since a S&T is out of the question due to the new cap rules for teams over the 2nd apron, any Lebron trade to the Suns would have to match salary exactly (unless the Lakers stay under the first apron somehow, losing DLo, not using the TPMLE, etc) and it couldn't happen until December 15th at the earliest.

I think the first apron is just a tighter matching amount

But not 100%

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should get rid of the cap completely for a few years just to reset all the fuck ups they have made.

I don't think that would reset anything. Irresponsible teams would max everything out for those few years chasing rings.

If you told the Suns owner no cap for a few years, he's signing everyone until they force him to stop.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the first apron is just a tighter matching amount

But not 100%

It's difficult to find this laid out cleanly. I thought that was the case too, but I've seen plenty of discussions that indicate otherwise. Perhaps it's a function of the rules ramping up to their final form this summer? Maybe once the finals are over and everyone is transitioning to the new league year (when all the restrictions effect in), this info will be easier to find.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just an absolutely shitty thing to do from Monty. If he doesn't turn it around this year...literally fuck that guy and anythingbad further that happens to him in his life is karma. I hate to be that cold but that's absolute shit from a human being standpoint. I firmly believe in that and he will get his ten fold.

Well, he will definitely get his... paychecks, whether still employed or not.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's difficult to find this laid out cleanly. I thought that was the case too, but I've seen plenty of discussions that indicate otherwise. Perhaps it's a function of the rules ramping up to their final form this summer? Maybe once the finals are over and everyone is transitioning to the new league year (when all the restrictions effect in), this info will be easier to find.

I think it’s laughable how they didn’t want to affect traded drafts by letting high schoolers enter the draft but they’re not worried about long term contracts signed well before the cba

It’s laughably hypocritical