• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Lions season thread

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
12-5,nfc championship return.
GB is strong too so health will be a big issue. Lions are deeper but have a few key areas where they are thin. Nothing less than a SB will do for the next 3 years though.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A good 1/5th of teams lose their QB to injury for the season or a large chunk of it. The last time I remember that happening was Staffords second season? We're probably due. Plus I don't trust the Lions to have good things. Something bad is bound to happen.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Health pending, Lions have a better team this year than last. Going to be getting everyone's best shot however. Should be a good year. May see a slight drop in W/L, but think they have a solid shot to make the SB.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1725459574099.png

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
elmo count GIF by Sesame Street

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice to see Williams have a big game. It shows he can answer the call when Sun God gets blanketed like he did yesterday.

This was not the Lions best game and I like where this could lead.

VulturesRule

Nothing To See Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was surprised how many players were losing their footing during the game. Just seemed odd. For the first game, there looked to be some rust being worked out.

It was great to see Jamo perform like a first round pick. Wasn’t that long ago that we didn’t expect much from receivers until year three. Coincidence? Probably, since he had two truncated seasons, instead of two seasons full of opportunities. Still, he’s just a kid learning how to make adult decisions. Good to see his dedication to his craft is helping him to succeed.

Defense looked a little better, but still has a long way to go. They have to be able to get the opposing team off the field by forcing a punt. They did a nice job keeping the score contained by holding the Rams to a field goal or getting an interception, but the cost was time on the field and depending a little too much on luck. If that coin flip had come up heads, do you think they would have stopped the Rams? The pressure against opposing offenses is starting to show from the line; the secondary has a ways to go to be elite. Right now, though, after one real game, they look improved, albeit with a low bar to clear to show improvement.

One playoff team down. On to sinking the Buccaneers.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was surprised how many players were losing their footing during the game. Just seemed odd. For the first game, there looked to be some rust being worked out.

It was great to see Jamo perform like a first round pick. Wasn’t that long ago that we didn’t expect much from receivers until year three. Coincidence? Probably, since he had two truncated seasons, instead of two seasons full of opportunities. Still, he’s just a kid learning how to make adult decisions. Good to see his dedication to his craft is helping him to succeed.

Defense looked a little better, but still has a long way to go. They have to be able to get the opposing team off the field by forcing a punt. They did a nice job keeping the score contained by holding the Rams to a field goal or getting an interception, but the cost was time on the field and depending a little too much on luck. If that coin flip had come up heads, do you think they would have stopped the Rams? The pressure against opposing offenses is starting to show from the line; the secondary has a ways to go to be elite. Right now, though, after one real game, they look improved, albeit with a low bar to clear to show improvement.

One playoff team down. On to sinking the Buccaneers.
I have concerns about the secondary. The line dominated the inevitable of scrimmage and generated a ton of pressure. Stafford was still able to find open players on just about every pass. Hoping to see better in the future.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was it Grit or was it just a shaky performance in a game that should not have been close. Lions almost lost to a team missing both its starting Tackles and best WR.

Our coaching was quite rusty(although for a change it was not DC). AG did absolutely nothing to help. Barely adjusted the defense at all. Looked fairly vanilla. Up 17-3 in second half and really only 1 guy to stop (Cooper Kupp). No adjustment to do that whatsoever and gives up 17 points in the second half. No excuse for that. Put in an extra DB. Not hard. We drafted like 15 of them.

BJ also was no prize. Apparently he finally remembered in OT that we had Montgomery and the best O-line in Football. What the offense did in OT could have been done all game. Goff was not sharp at all throwing but that is no excuse for only scoring 20. Seemed like BJ was trying to force the ball to Aman Ra and Gibbs at times when the Rams were defending exactly that all game.

ST was OK as they did not take a lot of chances. Balls were mostly kicked out of the end zone and Fox was kicking them a mile high. Bates did well enough. Made all his kicks.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have concerns about the secondary. The line dominated the inevitable of scrimmage and generated a ton of pressure. Stafford was still able to find open players on just about every pass. Hoping to see better in the future.
That was on AG. The secondary was so easy to read that Ryan Leaf could have thrown for 300. Granted Arnold looked like a rookie. Also Davis didnt impress too much either. Hopefully that gets cleaned up and the game plan improves.. Amik land Kirby looked good. Branch surprisingly seemed a little lost at times but he is playing a new position so he gets a pass for a game or 2.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was on AG. The secondary was so easy to read that Ryan Leaf could have thrown for 300. Granted Arnold looked like a rookie. Also Davis didnt impress too much either. Hopefully that gets cleaned up and the game plan improves.. Amik land Kirby looked good. Branch surprisingly seemed a little lost at times but he is playing a new position so he gets a pass for a game or 2.
Arnold was on his man pretty well, but penalties will happen for a rookie. Won't take much for him to convert those plays to reflections and picks. I am more confident in his future than before.

I think we can chalk up some of the issues to no preseason snaps and hope it cleans up quickly.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arnold was on his man pretty well, but penalties will happen for a rookie. Won't take much for him to convert those plays to reflections and picks. I am more confident in his future than before.

I think we can chalk up some of the issues to no preseason snaps and hope it cleans up quickly.
Also didnt see DJ Reader. Peko and Levi filled in. Didnt notice much of Peko but Levi surprised with some nice plays.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why sign Greg Joseph now? Bates did not miss m, and even if he had I am not sure he is worse than Joseph.