• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Free agency and draft thread

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know, but Warren never took over the role even with that disparity. He could be their option moving forward, but is unproven as a full time lead back. RBs are deemed replaceable in most cases these days.
I got to wonder if not paying RB's will/has lead to better athletes focusing on other positions that have a better career outlook. With the battering RBs take and the lack of compensation seems like a dead end position vs other positions. Course there will always be JAGS available which is what this crop of rookie RBs look like. Could be what we will be seeing more of going forward.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys should all enjoy watching the master

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you lost me on master.
color by numbers is all you
Because you don't pay attention. Howie is the best at moving around the board to get his targets and stock pile draft picks.

That video was a great look into it. At least on draft night.

As you know I posted earlier in the day the same trade they ended up making. Fun to see it come together in the war room. Even if it was only a small piece of it.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because you don't pay attention. Howie is the best at moving around the board to get his targets and stock pile draft picks.

That video was a great look into it. At least on draft night.

As you know I posted earlier in the day the same trade they ended up making. Fun to see it come together in the war room. Even if it was only a small piece of it.
i remain so happy for you.

now...about that calapse.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got to wonder if not paying RB's will/has lead to better athletes focusing on other positions that have a better career outlook. With the battering RBs take and the lack of compensation seems like a dead end position vs other positions. Course there will always be JAGS available which is what this crop of rookie RBs look like. Could be what we will be seeing more of going forward.
I think you're spot on with this statement...

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Justin Fields was a FA no team would offer him a contract that would guarantee him $25M in 2025. If he plays well enough, (should he get the opportunity), to make teams reconsider that evaluation then good luck to him. I think he'll be a back-up/bridge QB next year.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys should all enjoy watching the master

Taking a guy that's sliding isn't really masterful IMO. The real question is why did he slide? What is it that the other GMs didn't like?

I really liked him as a prospect, but apparently he wasn't the 1st round projection that I assumed for most of the GMs.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Justin Fields was a FA no team would offer him a contract that would guarantee him $25M in 2025. If he plays well enough, (should he get the opportunity), to make teams reconsider that evaluation then good luck to him. I think he'll be a back-up/bridge QB next year.

However, he's not an FA. He's a former 1st round pick that the Steelers traded for and likely the longer term option for them over Russell Wilson. They will need to pay one of the two next year, and I guess we'll see whether either signs as cheaply as $25M.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taking a guy that's sliding isn't really masterful IMO. The real question is why did he slide? What is it that the other GMs didn't like?

I really liked him as a prospect, but apparently he wasn't the 1st round projection that I assumed for most of the GMs.
That's a naive way to look at things. Every team invests in their own board, not anyone elses. Howie explains it well in the clip.