• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Free agency and draft thread

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Mahomes also has Kelce. And last season Mahomes showed it doesn't matter who he has at WR...
Well he did have a pretty damn good WR in Rashee Rice. No slouch

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as Mahomes stays healthy the Chiefs will easily win the AFC West - Mahomes won it all last year despite some shakiness at the receiving unit, and this year their receiving unit looks much better. The Chiefs look even better this year coming into the year than they did last year.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is a good signing. He can still play. Was hurt in the Green Bay game but at one point in the season he was great. Still plays very physical also.
So what is Minny trying to do? Not get a top 5 or top 10 pick? Doesn’t make sense from that standpoint.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what is Minny trying to do? Not get a top 5 or top 10 pick? Doesn’t make sense from that standpoint.

Trying to keep their jobs.

They pick in the top 10 this coming season and their current GM isn't the guy who is doing the picking.

They pick in the top 5 this coming season and their current coach doesnt get to coach their next draft class.

It's easy to say tank for picks. But a lot harder to do it knowing you might not have a job if you do.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They pick in the top 10 this coming season and their current GM isn't the guy who is doing the picking.

They pick in the top 5 this coming season and their current coach doesnt get to coach their next draft class.

It's easy to say tank for picks. But a lot harder to do it knowing you might not have a job if you do.
They would hang the coach and the GM out to dry for a poor season when they don’t have a QB and are in a rebuild? Why didn’t they just fire everybody last year then? Surely they didn’t think they would be contending or even a playoff team with JJ McCarthy in his rookie year.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Cousins is healthy they should win 11-12 games....easily.

I'm getting Eagles superteam vibes from this Falcons love. Cousins is coming off an Achilles tear and no spring chicken.

Adding pieces isn't always the sum of the parts. Projecting them as a potential #1 seed is a bit much for me right now.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, if they get a top 5 pick I think there is a 0% chance your GM is coming back.

And you already have your QB prospect and a franchise WR. Not much of a reason to tank, tbh

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chase Claypool was released by the Bills after reaching an injury settlement. Next stop......the CFL or UFL next spring after the NFL season ends.

LOL.

Who's got a better chance to stick in the NFL, Claypool or JuJu?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who's got a better chance to stick in the NFL, Claypool or JuJu?
10% chance Juju
0% chance Claypool

Juju can actually sorta play football. Im not sure his body can hold up anymore
Claypool is a bum

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely, Arthur Smith is a dipshit and a terrible coach, he didn’t know how to use their talent at all. And the QB play the last 2 years was fucking dismal, Mariota/Ridder/Heinicke are just not starting QB caliber players. Now that we have a good QB and Arthur Smith is gone, we will be much improved.

How much was the QB play and how much was Smith though? I guess we'll see between ATL and Pitt this year.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10% chance Juju
0% chance Claypool

Juju can actually sorta play football. Im not sure his body can hold up anymore
Claypool is a bum

Claypool showed some promise early in camp surprisingly. Not sure what he showed, but that was the report.

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much was the QB play and how much was Smith though? I guess we'll see between ATL and Pitt this year.
It was both - Arthur Smith is a shit for brains idiot who doesn’t know how to utilize the talent he has, and Mariota/Ridder/Heinicke are just not QB1 caliber guys.
I have no idea why the Steelers hired Arthur Smith - their offense has had enough struggles lately without bringing that dumbo on board - I expect the Steelers O to be a disaster this year.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pitt is really fascinating to me.

A big part of the Titans success, IIRC, was stretch outside runs with Henry and play action throws over the middle of the field to AJ Brown. Maybe you can give him credit for gameplanning around two of the best players in football but in Pitt is just going to be a conventional old school offense.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I guess that is the only explanation. Starting QB is hurt so the expectations plummet instantly. He is going on his 3rd year so I guess he was on the hot seat regardless.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They would hang the coach and the GM out to dry for a poor season when they don’t have a QB and are in a rebuild? Why didn’t they just fire everybody last year then? Surely they didn’t think they would be contending or even a playoff team with JJ McCarthy in his rookie year.

This is both of these guys 3rd season in their position. They cant look terrible especially coming off a losing season last year. And drafting top 5 for sure is terrrible and top 10 is probably terrible.

You can strip it down in year 1 and maybe even year 2 and blame rebuilding. You cant look terrible in year 3 and still be blaming someone else for not having a roster that is close to contending.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is both of these guys 3rd season in their position. They cant look terrible especially coming off a losing season last year. And drafting top 5 for sure is terrrible and top 10 is probably terrible.

You can strip it down in year 1 and maybe even year 2 and blame rebuilding. You cant look terrible in year 3 and still be blaming someone else for not having a roster that is close to contending.
Is the coach responsible for the decision to bring Cousins in and then to get away from Cousins?

I understand what you’re saying but if they’re fighting for their jobs, both of them would have done what they could to get Cousins back in the fold.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Stripping it down doesn't seem to me to be the correct plan anyway when you have your future QB on the roster and presumably ready to take over next season. They need to build this season to give him the best possible surrounding talent to start with next season. They should be adding long term pcs where available this year IMO.