• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 draft prospect thread

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
right, that is why the teams make the trades, so they own their rights. Im just proving it happens just like Tunsil. Houston gave Miami a ton of picks for him, and Tunsil never signed his ext until much later.

I thought Sweat was a good trade. At the time I wanted more for Young but apparently there was no market. Right we all knew KC was leaving no matter what that is why we should have traded him.
Oh, I agree we should have traded him. The only time that would have worked is after we franchise tagged him the first time. Once we tagged him the second year, everyone that might want him knew he was going to be a FA. Just have patience, exactly what Minnesota did.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I have been advised to have debates here so that is that.

I think the differnence between me and you is that you prefer to have hypothetical debates more than answer direct questions.

Example, i asked you numerous times this year if rivera should be fired. You told me "i cant answer that". It took you over half the season to answer that question. Only you know why, and that is fine. It was not a trick question and was straight forward.

However, you are more inclined to answer hyhypothetical draft questions where 5 hypothetical things need to happen first. To you, that is easier and your preference. You continue to drag out the cousins discussion for some reason where we have limited information regarding what really happened. To me, its a waste ofntim, but it is a message board and it is something you enjoy doing. Same goes for predictions, gambling, etc. You do you.

You often present your opinion with no evidence to back it up, as such, it is difficult to have a productive conversation.

Not telling you to change or anything like that. Glad you are here, but asking me hypothetical questions is probably not going to get you what you are looking for.

you replied to me. you are dragging out the KC discussion i answered about RR. you don't need evidence to express an opinion. That is why is called an opinion. WOW!

Last edited:

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I agree we should have traded him. The only time that would have worked is after we franchise tagged him the first time. Once we tagged him the second year, everyone that might want him knew he was going to be a FA. Just have patience, exactly what Minnesota did.

that was my point that others can't get on here. People on here said he was untradable which i disagreed.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that was my point that others can't get on here. People on here said he was untradable which i disagreed.
Who said he was un tradable? Name then posters.
Who doesn't get it Dean? Are you the expert all of a sudden?

There is a difference between saying he is un tradeable and a trade probably not happening.

You even admitted it is your opinion and as usual, there is zero evidence to support it

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who said he was un tradable? Name then posters.
Who doesn't get it Dean? Are you the expert all of a sudden?

There is a difference between saying he is un tradeable and a trade probably not happening.

You even admitted it is your opinion and as usual, there is zero evidence to support it

actually, it was one poster. one poster didnt get teams trade for players on contract years. I said it can happen and was told no.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you replied to me. you are dragging out the KC discussion i answered about RR. you don't need evidence to express an opinion. That is why is called an opinion. WOW!
Well, you are right.

I did reply...a mistake for sure.

I am attempting to show you that you often take your opinion as fact. I have examples of this.

No, you don't need evidence to have an opinion but it is generally accepted as needed for a debate or discussion.

You see sportster, I attempted to have a debate and these are the results.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
actually, it was one poster. one poster didnt get teams trade for players on contract years. I said it can happen and was told no.
Ok...and who is that poster?

If you are.going to make an accusation, at least name them.

So it's not posters who are allegedly lost, it's just one?

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok...and who is that poster?

If you are.going to make an accusation, at least name them.

So it's not posters who are allegedly lost, it's just one?

it was skinsdad said he was untradable after the first franchise tag. He said no way it could happen and we debated back and forth on it a long time ago. if you must know . I showed by examples it could happen with other players. Now the Jay Gruden report is getting dismissed by you guys. If its bullshiit we will never know. But I assume you expect me to verify if it was true or not.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it was skinsdad said he was untradable after the first franchise tag. He said no way it could happen and we debated back and forth on it a long time ago. if you must know . I showed by examples it could happen with other players. Now the Jay Gruden report is getting dismissed by you guys. If its bullshiit we will never know. But I assume you expect me to verify if it was true or not.
So it wasn't "posters" who you needed to educate, it was skinsdad. I don't recall him ever claiming it was impossible to trade cousins.
Sounds made up to me.

What gruden report is being dismissed? The SF trade offer? Who is dismissing it? Which poster or posters? I absolutely believe SF made an offer and I believe it was a waste of their time.

All is am saying is that I am going to have a level of scrutiny when hearing stories from a bitter ex coach who you didnt even like.

You are taking opinion as fact and using jay gruden as your source of truth. Good luck going to court..

I am not dismissing the gruden report but you have reported out things as fact that are not substantiated. You claim ESPN reported that EB was going to have offensive GM duties. No report was ever produced showing that.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it wasn't "posters" who you needed to educate, it was skinsdad. I don't recall him ever claiming it was impossible to trade cousins.
Sounds made up to me.

What gruden report is being dismissed? The SF trade offer? Who is dismissing it? Which poster or posters? I absolutely believe SF made an offer and I believe it was a waste of their time.

All is am saying is that I am going to have a level of scrutiny when hearing stories from a bitter ex coach who you didnt even like.

You are taking opinion as fact and using jay gruden as your source of truth. Good luck going to court..

I am not dismissing the gruden report but you have reported out things as fact that are not substantiated. You claim ESPN reported that EB was going to have offensive GM duties. No report was ever produced showing that.

it was on sports center the EB report for the 100th time. Im not educating anybody. You said Gruden has an agenda. Do you know this as a fact? If you believed SF made an offer, then we could have traded KC. B/c all your opinions are facts right duke? My opinions about trading KC was dismissed by skinsdad. That is what im saying.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
whomever made the choice to release and not trade kc was a total dumbass of the highest caliber.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it was on sports center the EB report for the 100th time. Im not educating anybody. You said Gruden has an agenda. Do you know this as a fact? If you believed SF made an offer, then we could have traded KC. B/c all your opinions are facts right duke? My opinions about trading KC was dismissed by skinsdad. That is what im saying.
And I am saying you misunderstood the report.
A coordinator having GM duties is completely unheard of, discussed, or practiced in the nfl period. Instead of saying you might have misunderstood it, you continue to claim it was reported. The fact of the matter is you supported the report and wanted it to happen. EB suxed as an OC and you wanted him to be a part time GM? Really???

Of course gruden has an agenda dean...it is to stay employed and make money. The more airtime he gets, the more he gets his name out there.

Anyone who works and has a job has an agenda: stay employed

For millionth time, SF making an offer was incredibly stupid or a joke.
Everyone knows snyder would NEVER cut a deal with the Shanahans. Snyder would rather burn something to the ground than admit he might be wrong or help an enemy. You know this.

All my opinion are facts, nope. But most of the debates you and I have had ended up with me being right correct? No need to list them unless you feel I am wrong.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it was skinsdad said he was untradable after the first franchise tag. He said no way it could happen and we debated back and forth on it a long time ago. if you must know . I showed by examples it could happen with other players. Now the Jay Gruden report is getting dismissed by you guys. If it’s bullshiit we will never know. But I assume you expect me to verify if it was true or not.
Dean a franchise tagged player is not tradeable , why you ask ? Because no one in their right mind is giving up 1st round picks for a potential one year rental . And Dean it costs 2 1sts to sign him away . . That is franchise guys in general . He wasn’t tradable because no one was stupid enough to give up resources for a guy they could have gotten for free

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I am saying you misunderstood the report.
A coordinator having GM duties is completely unheard of, discussed, or practiced in the nfl period. Instead of saying you might have misunderstood it, you continue to claim it was reported. The fact of the matter is you supported the report and wanted it to happen. EB suxed as an OC and you wanted him to be a part time GM? Really???

Of course gruden has an agenda dean...it is to stay employed and make money. The more airtime he gets, the more he gets his name out there.

Anyone who works and has a job has an agenda: stay employed

For millionth time, SF making an offer was incredibly stupid or a joke.
Everyone knows snyder would NEVER cut a deal with the Shanahans. Snyder would rather burn something to the ground than admit he might be wrong or help an enemy. You know this.

All my opinion are facts, nope. But most of the debates you and I have had ended up with me being right correct? No need to list them unless you feel I am wrong.

i posted what i saw. Yes EB has sucked im not denying that. I wanted him to get his guys to run his offense. We dont know if he wanted Wylie, Gates, and Stromberg. Was this RR or EB? the report on sportscenter would say it was EB;s idea to get these guys.

You could be right about Gruden. I can't confirm or deny what he said is true or not. Its interesting he brought it up years later. Right Synder and Allen were bad . i do know this.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dean a franchise tagged player is not tradeable , why you ask ? Because no one in their right mind is giving up 1st round picks for a potential one year rental . And Dean it costs 2 1sts to sign him away . . That is franchise guys in general . He wasn’t tradable because no one was stupid enough to give up resources for a guy they could have gotten for free

if they really wanted a qb you never know. I disagree, he was tradable after the 1st franchise tag. leave it at that.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if they really wanted a qb you never know. I disagree, he was tradable after the 1st franchise tag. leave it at that.
Only a stupid person would have traded for him Dean . Period

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only a stupid person would have traded for him Dean . Period

they could of worked out the trade compensation. Are the Bears stupid to trade for Sweat?