• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 draft prospect thread

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it didn’t happen with KC

i know but you are saying it never happens. it does. Same with the Tunsil trade. Houston gave Miami all those picks and Tunsil didnt sign his ext right away.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i know but you are saying it never happens. it does. Same with the Tunsil trade. Houston gave Miami all those picks and Tunsil didnt sign his ext right away.
Dean, you are arguing just to argue now.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you agree with these trades? Were they good trades?

also, there was no guarantee these guys were going to be FAs. We could have resigned one or both. However, we knew KC was going. He would not sign an extension. different situation.

right, that is why the teams make the trades, so they own their rights. Im just proving it happens just like Tunsil. Houston gave Miami a ton of picks for him, and Tunsil never signed his ext until much later.

I thought Sweat was a good trade. At the time I wanted more for Young but apparently there was no market. Right we all knew KC was leaving no matter what that is why we should have traded him.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no, im proving this stuff happens. Teams trade for players in their last years of their contracts
Right, but it's rare.

The fact that you are still hung on a hypothetical cousins trade is strange. We don't know what we don't know.

We know 2 things

Cousins was never getting traded to SF so it's a waste to pretend it could have happened

We don't know what conversations were held with other teams. You can't say none were held because gruden hasn't said it.
Maybe no offers were submitted. It takes 2 teams to make a trade. My guess is other teams knew snyder and Allen were clowns so they knew the could wait it out. You keep saying we should have traded him but you have no clue about what conversations were being held or what interest there was. You dont know but you think you do.

I dont understand the constant discussions about hypothetical situations. You did it with Rivera the past year and do it with drafts.

I asked you directly about if Rivera should stay and you didn't know, but you turn around and go on and want to start hypothetical discussions.

Last edited:

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, but it's rare.

The fact that you are still hung on a hypothetical cousins trade is strange. We don't know what we don't know.

We know 2 things

Cousins was never getting traded to SF so it's a waste to pretend it could have happened

We don't know what conversations were held with other teams. You can't say none were held because gruden hasn't said it.
Maybe no offers were submitted. It takes 2 teams to make a trade. My guess is other teams knew snyder and Allen were clowns so they knew the could wait it out. You keep saying we should have traded him but you have no clue about what conversations were being held or what interest there was. You dont know but you think you do.

I dont understand the constant discussions about hypothetical situations. You did it with Rivera the past year and do it with drafts.

I asked you directly about if Rivera should stay and you didn't know, but you turn around and go on and want to start hypothetical discussions.

the point is that players get traded on their contract years. I have 3 examples on how this happened. others deny that this could happen Thats all im saying. Forget the KC situation.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the point is that players get traded on their contract years. I have 3 examples on how this happened. others deny that this could happen Thats all im saying. Forget the KC situation.
Again, yes it happens but it's rare.

You bring this up because you are trying to prove a point about cousins.

Is that correct?

I highly doubt we are simply talking about the inner workings of the nfl here. There is an agenda.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, yes it happens but it's rare.

You bring this up because you are trying to prove a point about cousins.

Is that correct?

I highly doubt we are simply talking about the inner workings of the nfl here. There is an agenda.

Right, I believe we could have traded KC but we had two idiots running the team and we didn't do it. Just my opnion.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, I believe we could have traded KC but we had two idiots running the team and we didn't do it. Just my opnion.
That's fine.

I agree that 2 idiots were running the team.

I personally don't think we had a realistic opportunity to trade cousins. SF doesn't count.

Every team knew he was leaving.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's fine.

I agree that 2 idiots were running the team.

I personally don't think we had a realistic opportunity to trade cousins. SF doesn't count.

Every team knew he was leaving.

you are entitled to your opinion.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To confirm, you think other teams contacted us to trade for cousins outside of SF?

Based off of???

You know I cant answer that. I just think we could have traded him, if we had the right front office.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn’t say it never happens , I said I don’t subsidize stupidity

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know I cant answer that. I just think we could have traded him, if we had the right front office.
Well, I have been advised to have debates here so that is that.

I think the differnence between me and you is that you prefer to have hypothetical debates more than answer direct questions.

Example, i asked you numerous times this year if rivera should be fired. You told me "i cant answer that". It took you over half the season to answer that question. Only you know why, and that is fine. It was not a trick question and was straight forward.

However, you are more inclined to answer hyhypothetical draft questions where 5 hypothetical things need to happen first. To you, that is easier and your preference. You continue to drag out the cousins discussion for some reason where we have limited information regarding what really happened. To me, its a waste ofntim, but it is a message board and it is something you enjoy doing. Same goes for predictions, gambling, etc. You do you.

You often present your opinion with no evidence to back it up, as such, it is difficult to have a productive conversation.

Not telling you to change or anything like that. Glad you are here, but asking me hypothetical questions is probably not going to get you what you are looking for.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash