• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Draft & FA. Where do we start?

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
about Beebe

But perhaps Beebe's true value is in the run game, where he explodes off the line like a freight train and opens up running lanes for fun.
Yes please. Biadaz did not explode on anybody. He rarely opened any holes.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not even in pads yet, so we shall see. I’m cautiously optimistic about this draft class though

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently Flournoy impressed at the mini camp. I know, yet another receiver turning heads in mini camp Lol
I think he can make an NFL roster. I like what I see and what I am hearing. He got a chance. Maybe This guy makes Tolbert miss the final cut

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those who wanted him:

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every year I want a safety from the draft. Actually, corner and safety, but yearly for sure.
Still kills me Dallas never sniffed the small Minnesota safety, Winfield Jr. Shit...just watch any Minn. college game that year! This year was DeJean, now I hope I'm wrong about this guy. Some players take a season or two. Thought this might cheer up the safety outlook. Zero injuries and we should be good at corner.

The Dallas Cowboys are one of the best draft-and-develop teams in the NFL. Mike McCarthy continually speaks glowingly of the bottom of the depth chart, so it stands to reason that some of those players will finally get extensive playing time in 2024.

Players who could be in line for more snaps include third-year safety Juanyeh Thomas, second-year wide receiver Jalen Brooks and second-year tight end John Stephens Jr., who was on track to make the 53-man roster last year amid a strong training camp before he suffered a torn ACL in a preseason game.

Cowboys fans want all three players to see the field more, but Thomas' lack of playing time last season in particular was viewed as a gross oversight. With Dan Quinn gone, Thomas could be headed for a bigger role under new defensive coordinator Mike Zimmer.

That will reveal itself in training camp, but it seems McCarthy has learned that Thomas is too talented to ride the bench. While good news for Thomas, McCarthy's comments don't bode well for a recent Cowboys draft pick.

"I thought he made a big jump last year," McCarthy said. "He's been dynamic on special teams. Juanyeh just has so much personality. When he was given an opportunity at safety, he stepped up. Juanyeh is really a great example of a young player that's excelled with every opportunity he's been given. It'd be awesome to see him take another step."

McCarthy went on to compliment Thomas' energy and playing style. He even said that players gravitate toward Thomas' personality.

What does this mean for Israel Mukuamu? A sixth-round pick in 2021, Mukuamu stands to benefit from Quinn's departure. He hardly played as a rookie, but made a big leap in year two as far as playing time. In a pleasant surprise, Mukuamu was even a catalyst in the Cowboys' playoff win over the Buccaneers that season. He locked down star wide receiver Chris Godwin in the slot.

Many believed Mukuamu earned a bigger role with that performance -- potentially as a slot cornerback -- but he disappeared this past season. Though active for 14 games, Mukuamu logged just 75 defensive snaps compared to 153 the previous season. He saw most of his action on special teams. Meanwhile, Thomas played a healthy 190 snaps on defense.

Cowboys fans are high on Mukuamu's potential, but it's clear that Thomas is ahead of him in the safety pecking order. Furthermore, Markquese Belle is moving back to safety after he filled in at linebacker in 2023. While Jayron Kearse is gone, Mukuamu is at best fifth on the depth chart.

Cornerback is Mukuamu's easiest path to playing time on Zimmer's defense. Fortunately, the room is thin behind starters Trevon Diggs, DaRon Bland and Jourdan Lewis. There might be an opening for Mukuamu as the backup nickel behind Lewis, but that's assuming Zimmer plays him at corner, which is no guarantee.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, that Beebe highlight video was. impressive. Loved the aggression and he was trying to obviously hurt people. The depth inside with Bass and Hoffman is real good. Bass looks like a starter to me. If Guyton can be average they going to run the ball better. Biadaz was the weak link. It seems logical that there will be more holes up the middle.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dak could get more. I mentioned 60 a while ago.
He will get more. If they wait till FA next year to try and resign him, it will exceed 60. They've already waited too long to justify resigning him IMO. What possible good has come from not reupping him in March if you were gonna bring him back

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they can pay him 75M per, not my money. I just want to see one more championship season.

it's so much more than the lack of QB play or who stands on the sideline.
If there were no cap, sure, who cares. With a cap I totally disagree and never understood that line of thinking. You give Dak $75M and you are playing him and a bunch of backups on game day. That's not what I want for the team I root for

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there were no cap, sure, who cares. With a cap I totally disagree and never understood that line of thinking. You give Dak $75M and you are playing him and a bunch of backups on game day. That's not what I want for the team I root for
i don't understand constantly throwing out HSO's about the cap. Seems like a losers mentality for darn near 30 years to me.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we wont have to worry about actual 75 mil per year, but the alternative of paying Dak.
If we pay a bunch of other stars & play with a back up QB we might not even make the playoffs.

The idea of simply saying the QB position is gonna cost to much, so lets just start over with the most important position in football is absurd to me.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i don't understand constantly throwing out HSO's about the cap. Seems like a losers mentality for darn near 30 years to me.
Or perhaps knowledge of how the game works