• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Draft & FA. Where do we start?

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd agree with you guys if I thought 80% of the league's teams coached better....just don't see that. Then factor all that is jerry jones.

Curious about this...What if Jerry had fired Fat Boy day after the GB loss and hired Quinn. Are you guys still fired up? That defensive playoff game plan was horrible. It was as if Quinn just went fucking stupid for that week.

I remain some what in Fat Boys corner...just don't see coaching greatness in Peyton nor Quinn.

and then there is jerry.
I am not in Mike's corner. He does too many dumb things in game, like timeout use or non-use, challenges, clock management. I don't mind a screw up now and then, but Mike consistently screws up. However, I also don't trust Jerry to get the coaching hire right. Mike is not the worst coach we have had, he has had good moments and Dak has improved under him. I just don't see him getting us over the hump.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not in Mike's corner. He does too many dumb things in game, like timeout use or non-use, challenges, clock management. I don't mind a screw up now and then, but Mike consistently screws up. However, I also don't trust Jerry to get the coaching hire right. Mike is not the worst coach we have had, he has had good moments and Dak has improved under him. I just don't see him getting us over the hump.
i don't see any coach getting this group over the hump.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's right. Jerry and Stephen had a chance to add pieces that would make this a SB contender. Jimmy Johnson wouldn't win a Super Bowl with this 53
I just think it's going to have to come from the players. I tend to blame them more than coaching more often than not.

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd agree with you guys if I thought 80% of the league's teams coached better....just don't see that. Then factor all that is jerry jones.

Curious about this...What if Jerry had fired Fat Boy day after the GB loss and hired Quinn. Are you guys still fired up? That defensive playoff game plan was horrible. It was as if Quinn just went fucking stupid for that week.

I remain some what in Fat Boys corner...just don't see coaching greatness in Peyton nor Quinn.

and then there is jerry.
Quinn wore thin on my game day nerves. Personally, I am glad he's gone.

There are other options besides that but who will work with JJ?

Godstree

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any time you send the kicker out and he is 5 times already missed chippers, you have a problem at the decision making level. IMO anyway

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder whose decision it was to not have quality depth at LB last year? I am thinking it was Quinn more than the front office.

And the total idiocy on having Mazi Smith lose all the weight to be a 3tech? And I still hear that Mazi looks smaller than this time last year. I guarantee you they could put Kneeland at either DT position and he would outplay Mazi. Kneeland is going to be a baller. Kneeland I think is going to be a problem that other teams are not going to like. Very physical and always looking to hit people. Mazi plays lazy and slow. I think that 7th rounder will outplay Mazi as well.

I like Zimmer better than Quinn as DC. It's not even close.
If I could see a combo of these twop that would be great.
Zimmer has always gotten more out of lesser players in his defenses. Very consistent. but doesnt get many turnovers.
Quinn gets the turnovers but doesnt get more out of lesser players & has inconsistent defenses (needs the turnovers)

If they could give me a mix of these two guys would be awesome!

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any time you send the kicker out and he is 5 times already missed chippers, you have a problem at the decision making level. IMO anyway
yeah but if you play the law of averages. He was due to make one! :heh:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quinn wore thin on my game day nerves. Personally, I am glad he's gone.

There are other options besides that but who will work with JJ?
I really liked Quinn a lot but totally agree. The one thing I will say is that since he came it completely drove me nuts how he refused to play 3 actual LBers on run downs. The idea that you can play only two LBers with one of them being a safety is just stupid and he never adjusted when teams showed they were just going to run on us. Team this up with a ton of stunting up front and allowing your edges to crash down so hard so often because you are mostly just concerned with pressure and he was one of the reasons we couldn't stop the run. He was very Marinelli like in this respect.

Conversely he was also one of the reasons we were so dominant at times and he gets the most out of his players so it wasn't all bad of course and overall he did some really good things here. Plus, at least we found out later that he wanted to bring Bobby Wagner here which for three years in a row I said was the one guy we should target that will have the biggest impact and I still feel we would have been much better in the playoffs if we had him. I think we beat SF in 2022 with him and I think the GB game last year would have been completely different if they couldn't just run all over us.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i don't see any coach getting this group over the hump.
I agree.
Back before Jerry had his damn fingers in every single pie and face in every camera and a quote for every microphone put in his face the owners door was closed. Then he discovered Jimmy was getting all the accolades his door opened annd Jimmy got fired. Jerry closed the door because he needed to get the stadium built and hired Parcells until the stadium vote. After the vote he opened the door and he put a fork in the Tuna by bringing in Owens. When the door was closed the players could not go over the HC head. The results were pretty good.
Now Jimmy had Hall of fame players on the team he built without Jerry meddling the team was pretty good, Parcells had a bunch of journeymen and did well With what he had. Jerry is the problem in spite of talented players at times over achieving individually and underperforming as a team ala “playoffs”.
Excluding player contracts Jerry is the very best business side owner of any sports team in the world.On the day to day football decisions well we know the answers to that.

”onward thru the fog & until death do us part” should be on a Cowboy’s jersey with the-name on the back Jones

I will always be a Cowboys fan but the Jones ownership has made that very difficult the last 30 years

go Cowboys

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I could see a combo of these twop that would be great.
Zimmer has always gotten more out of lesser players in his defenses. Very consistent. but doesnt get many turnovers.
Quinn gets the turnovers but doesnt get more out of lesser players & has inconsistent defenses (needs the turnovers)

If they could give me a mix of these two guys would be awesome!
Zimmer is coming into a good situation as far as talent goes. I don't think he ever has had two all pro corners before.

safeties Bell and Thomas will be very useful To Zimmer. The defense will be more disciplined hopefully. ..

I think Overshown,Kneeland and M. Lifua could really help the run defense. Kneeland could be the answer this team has been looking for to stop the run.

Turnovers could go down. I still think they get a lot of picks though. Diggs and Bland are ballhawks. Could Thomas develop under Zimmer? Thomas totally fits Zimmer's Scheme

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zimmer has done well with less talent. So I expect our defense to improve. Might be early growing pains, but I am just being greedy. I want a good defense with turnovers :becky:

but above all. I want to be amongst the league leaders in 3rd downs! Especially if we dont get the turnovers.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zimmer has done well with less talent. So I expect our defense to improve. Might be early growing pains, but I am just being greedy. I want a good defense with turnovers :becky:

but above all. I want to be amongst the league leaders in 3rd downs! Especially if we dont get the turnovers.
I'm cautiously optimistic. Even with no free agent help we get Diggs back and we have some rookies and 2nd year guys who hopefully play a bigger role and I have high hopes for this rookie class. I suspect less turnovers but better run defense and better discipline. Sometimes a good ass kicking is better motivation than just telling everyone how wonderful they are and I think Zimmer is the man for that job

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm cautiously optimistic. Even with no free agent help we get Diggs back and we have some rookies and 2nd year guys who hopefully play a bigger role and I have high hopes for this rookie class. I suspect less turnovers but better run defense and better discipline. Sometimes a good ass kicking is better motivation than just telling everyone how wonderful they are and I think Zimmer is the man for that job
Maybe this Defense comes out and kicks ass right out of the gate.

I not really losing sleep over the guys we lost off the defense. Better run defense could mean more wins than we think.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well this is a Zimmer defense in a nutshell.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
about Beebe

But perhaps Beebe's true value is in the run game, where he explodes off the line like a freight train and opens up running lanes for fun. For a Cowboys offense that was missing a consistent run game that season, Beebe looms as a key cog in re-establishing it.
Armed with all the tools to succeed in the league, Beebe could be seen as a "sleeper" outside of the building, but inside The Star, they know they have a serious good center capable of playing to a high level from Day 1

Running game sounds like it can improve. If a RB steps up