• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Draft & FA. Where do we start?

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's an average signing for most teams but a really good signing for us. When you go from near the bottom of the league to average it's a huge improvement to your team. Now that Quinn is gone I don't think we will be dumb enough to play safeties as LBers on run downs. I'm sure we will still add players and don't know what will happen with LVE, but Kendricks, LVE and Clark isn't too bad. It's not great of course but it is way better than playing two LBs when one was Clark and the other is a 200lbs safety like we did at the end of last year. I can't wait to see Bell get some rotation snaps as an in the box safety. I also think the days of playing two strong safeties with cover issues together in the nickel will be gone. How in the world we thought Kearse and Wilson should be on the field together in a man coverage scheme on 3rd and long was perplexing.
Kearse did great that first season,but last season he was a liability.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The great drafts resulted in getting instant starters such as Zeke, Dak, Emmitt, Troy, Frederick's, CD, Ware, etc at key positions. A great draft can make a bad team good or make a good team great. Look at the Texans. They sucked and they draft a QB and others in one draft and have a very good season. Drafting for need and getting the right player for the position can work out. We needed a wide out we got CD etc..
Not my point. My point is you can't fill 9 roster spots with the 2 draft picks you have that might result in starters

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not my point. My point is you can't fill 9 roster spots with the 2 draft picks you have that might result in starters
You said drafting for need gets us last years draft. We needed a DT and drafted Mazi. The jury is still out. I don't get your point.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said drafting for need gets us last years draft. We needed a DT and drafted Mazi. The jury is still out. I don't get your point.
You never get a point. You said we drafted Lamb for need. They wanted to draft an Edge that year, they took Lamb because he was the best player on their board and he dropped. You included Troy and Zeke in your example and they were both top 3 picks. We are picking 24 lol. You included Dak. He was a 4th rounder when we had Romo, that was a BPA flier, not picking for need. Carry on clueless

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You never get a point. You said we drafted Lamb for need. They wanted to draft an Edge that year, they took Lamb because he was the best player on their board and he dropped. You included Troy and Zeke in your example and they were both top 3 picks. We are picking 24 lol. You included Dak. He was a 4th rounder when we had Romo, that was a BPA flier, not picking for need. Carry on clueless
Lamb was one of our needs. You know teams have multiple needs right??? I said the great drafts resulted in getting players like Troy, Emmitt, and Dak. How the hell is that wrong. I never mentioned what round any of them were taken. What the hell are you talking about. You are never wrong. Never LOL. Forget it.. moving on.

Last edited:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lamb was one of our needs. You know teams have multiple needs right??? What the hell are you talking about. You are never wrong. Never LOL. Forget it.. moving on.
Oh I'm wrong plenty, but not about this. Lamb was 100% "We had no plans to take a receiver but couldn't pass up our highest rated player available". Let Google be your friend if you don't remember

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I'm wrong plenty, but not about this. Lamb was 100% "We had no plans to take a receiver but couldn't pass up our highest rated player available". Let Google be your friend if you don't remember
You just love argue.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a team chat board, everyone isn't going to see it the same way lol. Debating isn't personal unless you make it that way
Ok, counselor, you can rest your case. LOL

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Practice what you preach. Let Goggle be your friend.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Practice what you preach. Let Goggle be your friend.
I'm done talking to a complete Dipshit. Use Google to hear straight from Jerry and Stephen as to what their biggest need was that draft. DLine all the way. They said they had zero intent of going WR till Lamb dropped. I don't care about some random articles opinions LMAO

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I think a lot of Jerry and Stephen anger being spread, myself included. If there was ever a team built to go all in(a team with a chance with a couple of key rental pieces) it was this team last year and this coming year. Instead, its already being stripped down. All after Jerry's "all in" BS. I wonder if you polled this entire Cowboys board, which includes a ton of knowledgeable guys who don't always see things the same way...for all out disagreements, I wonder if given the opportunity to fire Jerry and Stephen, if we could get a 100% unanimous vote. My bet is we would
Fire both from the football side where do I sign? The owners side Jerry is great Stephen is meh.
Charlotte runs rings around them all and should be the aire apparent when Jerry meets Al Davis at the owners box when the time comes

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys screw the pooch on Taco they had Watt right in front of them and refused to take the better player over “fit” I damn near needed a new TV over that stupid aZZ pick.
It sure was. Watt would have been a fantastic pick. On the other hand I had to give them credit for Martin. I was pissed at the Rams from snatching Donald from us. They had Su and I was sure they would get a TE, but they took Donald. We did do well with Martin, so it ended up being great for us too.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm done talking to a complete Dipshit. Use Google to hear straight from Jerry and Stephen as to what their biggest need was that draft. DLine all the way. They said they had zero intent of going WR till Lamb dropped. I don't care about some random articles opinions LMAO
Nice. Calling me a dipshit. Very childish. Your on my ignore. LOL

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there is a reason they have not extended Dak yet. I think that this ownership does not believe Dak can carry this team to a superbowl. To me it would be in Daks best interest to waive the no trade clause. The lights are clearly too bright in Dallas for Dak.

They likely brought Lance in because they were thinking that they may not want to reset the market again with Dak. Lance is their backup plan. They sure as hell are not going to pay Lance 25 million to be a backup in 2025. One of these QBs is going to get traded. If not this FO is stupid AF.

I truly believe there is a team out there that will trade a few high picks and make Dak the highest paid QB.