• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2024 Breakout Candidates, Choose Up to Three

Breakout Candidates 2024 - Pick up to 3

• Total voters

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who are your top Breakout Candidates for 2024? I intentionally left rookies off the list.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that’s supposed to be Zach Wilson, not A Wilson. :)

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went with Dulcich, IF he stays healthy I see Payton utilizing him all over the field.

And Forsyth, because opportunity knocks.

And Sanders, since he showed his athleticism last year without using his brains. I’m hoping he engages the brain this year.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 I picked

Marvin Mims- Because I love him.
Real Reason- Flashed out last year when given opportunity. Made Pro Bowl as a KR so you see what he can do with the ball in his hands. More opportunity this yar in Year 2. Great guy with a great work ethic to get better. Will have a QB who doesn't take as many sacks thus will look for him down the field a bit more. Year 2 will be good for him.

Riley Moss- Because he is from Iowa
Real Reason- Was very solid in camp early last year then went down with injury. Missed a ton of time after a great start. Hard to depend on a rookie CB who doesn't have much of a camp. Payton liked him enough to give up a future pick for him. Smart, athletic player who I think will showed his ball skills this year. McMillian and Moss together will be interesting with Surtain locking down. If Moss can be what he is capable of being and McMillian can continue what he did last year with a decent pass rush we can see more turnovers in Denver.

Baron Browning- Contract year
I am banking on him being healthy this year. We saw him break out in Year 2 then get hurt. Everytime he shows he is breaking out he gets hurt. Stay healthy this year.

Any of the players listed could break out but just going to give one thought why I didn't go with them over the other 3.

Dulcich- Obvious. Health reasons. Like Browning if he can stay healthy though.... Just don't wanna jinx it.
Forsyth- This will technically be his rookie year... Like Paradis I am hoping he looks good in year 2 after not playing in year 1 and then we can feel he fully breaks out in year 3. Needs the game experience to break out first.
Palczewski- Same with Fosyth. We liked this guy well enough last year to put him on IR for pretty much most of the season with a broken finger. Didn't have the roster room for him but I think he is in the plans. Just don't think he starts this year minus injury so hard to go with him. Will get his PT this year though. Barring injury from others I think we will get a better feel for if he can help us more in 2025 then 2024 while getting playing time but not having to throw him in the fire right away.
Drew Sanders- Depends on his position, IMO.. I still like him but showed he was a long ways away last year. I am confident he can make some type of impact this year. Last year he looked good late on special teams.
Sterns- Health is a factor. Contract year. Same with Browning hopefully stays healthy. Has shown great ball skills. Wonder how much his injuries will impact his play this year. He has flashed out for us then gets injured. If he stays healthy he should be solid in passing situations for us and added to our trio of ballhawks.
Wilson- With Nix becoming a legend this year he just won't see the field to break out... That and if he does he has shown nothing to make us think he will ever make an impact as an NFL starting QB but I would be thrilled if he is. :)

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next level of breakout:

Lucas Krull TE
Thomas Incoom OLB
Elija Garcia NT/DT
Will Sherman OT

JL Skinner - Who knows. Tim Patrick - whatever you'd call him.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I picked exactly the same as DC without looking... funny.

Mims is literally on the edge of breaking out. He just needs the damn ball.

Browning has been great when healthy, something I expect better results from now that medical people have been changed out. Plus there's space for someone to really step up at OLBer.

Moss has had a year to digest the system, get his feet wet, and really limited players above him. I fully expect him to be the starter opposite PS2, or at least the nickel role.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I considered picking Bonitto who had a solid year 2. Didn't finish as well as he started but that is often the sign of breaking out the following year.

Browning is a guy we know has the skills to be REALLY good. Just hope he can finally stay healthy. What I don't want to see is him have a healthy season where he does what he is capable of doing and then we lock him in long term to never stay healthy again. Going to be an interesting offseason with him, IMO. Health or not healthy.

Health- What do we throw at him?
Not healthy- Do we still want to buy in and give him some more time knowing what he has done when he is healthy.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went with Bonito instead of Browning. Browning can't stay healthy for 5 games in a stretch. But, Bonito really was professional about fixing his year one flaws - with a much better year 2. I think he will outwork Browning.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next level of breakout:

Lucas Krull TE
Thomas Incoom OLB
Elija Garcia NT/DT
Will Sherman OT

JL Skinner - Who knows. Tim Patrick - whatever you'd call him.

I think Krull is a guy who could end up having a decent year. Breaking out or not may depend on Dulcich's health but I think he will have a role this year and will be used more in passing situations.

Incoom is a major wild card to me. Like I said earlier, we liked him enough to keep him on the 53 all year. Didn't use him much, didn't show a ton when he was used but we like him and we will see how much he grows in year two. Question is.. Is he an Andre Mintze or a Shaq Barrett? I would be happy with something in the middle. (Mintze made the team his rookie year undrafted and then wasn't even a PS guy the following year now in the XFL/USFL) Barrett is a probably extreme one of better pass rushers in the NFL so I will be happy with something in the middle. Has more upside as a pass rusher then Mailk Reed who really got by on technique and motor and made the most of his 3 years in Denver as an undersized pass rusher. Imagine if Reed had the physical tools.

Garcia- Great PS last year. Didn't use him much come season time. Will be interesting to see if he can crack the 53 again. He earned his roster spot last year. I liked him better then Jonathan Harris adn it isn't like we have a done of depth at 3-4 DE. NT we have Jones and Roach so hard to get him on the field there, more of a 3-4 DE in our scheme. He will have to compete with a guy like Blackson, Lawrence, Henningsen and Eyioma (who most have forgotten about after his suspension and the best thing about Eyioma is he can legit play DE and NT in the 3-4 so his versatility in the 3-4 is great asset for us)

Least likely of this group to break out in any way IMO is Will Sherman. A guy who has been on our PS for two years but has never seen game time. I think the question for me is more "Will he make the PS a 3rd year in a row"? Our OT/OG depth on paper to me is better then we have had in a long time. We have our two start and then I think Alex Palczweski, Quinnn Bailey, Matt Peart, Frank Crum and probably even Demontrey Jacobs are ahead of Will Sherman.. OG might be his best bet but even the depth there is going to be solid.

I think it is huge for guys like Quinn Bailey, Luke Wattenburg, Nick Gaguilino who can play multiple positions on the OL and Will Sherman is the same but I just think he falls victim to the numbers this year on the active roster. PS is a strong possibility. Quinn Bailey spent his first 4 years on our PS coming off and on it.

I think everyone assumed Forsyth will be our starting C ( me included) but Luke Wattenburg, Sam Mustipher will get a shot too. I think at the end Forsyth looks good and we can part ways with Mustipher, much like our Kyle Fuller C signing last year and Wattenburg and Gaguilino can backup the C position... I think the plan might be to use Gags at OG... He and Wattenburg probably get a look at both though as Wattenburg going into year 3 has played both.

Anyone notice a common theme of our depth OL???? Multiple positions.

Then we also signed Throckmoton

and people wonder why we didn't go OL early in the draft??? SMH!

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went with Bonito instead of Browning. Browning can't stay healthy for 5 games in a stretch. But, Bonito really was professional about fixing his year one flaws - with a much better year 2. I think he will outwork Browning.

Same reason I almost went with Bonitto but the upside is just so appealing with Browning.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bonitto, Browning, Mims

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Duffman broke out in 2023 and I think OC is going to finally break out in 2024.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Duffman broke out in 2023 and I think OC is going to finally break out in 2024.
We better let the guards know so they can stop him

Anyways I voted for Bonitto, Mims, and Moss.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the primary candidates to break out are reflected well in the poll. However, if you asked me who I WANT to break out, it's Dulcich. I'm so weary of not having any TE threat in our offensive game. I'm sure Payton has plans for the TE but we need him healthy and on the field. He definitely showed flashes in his rookie season.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3