• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2024 Bengals draft

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NO MURPHY FOR YOU!!!!

FUCK THE BENGALS!!!! ESPN RULES!!! PEW PEW PEW!!!!!

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AMARIUS MIMS - T

Injured a lot in college, but if he's healthy he'll block your ass into the river.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AMARIUS MIMS - T

Injured a lot in college, but if he's healthy he'll block your ass into the river.
He had 1 major injury - had the tightrope procedure that many, many other college athletes have had, and recently several QB's - and have all returned in great shape.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Needless to say - to be 1 pick away, basically, from landing Murphy and not get him - I'm a but salty.
But Mims is a really good fit here. Has time to sit behind to guys built exactly like him. Agile, moves laterally well. Gets into space. RAS score was 9.59 - great/elite.

Some reading on him:

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on the way the board fell, I thought it was a good pick. It's clear the league does not value Johnny Newton as much as the mock simulators value him. I thought they might go with the corner from Toledo, but was happy they ended up choosing Mims. It's a good situation from him learning from other tackles with similar size and not having to start right away. The offensive line depth continues to grow. We go into the season with two quality tackles with the Browns. Trent Brown has versatility to play LT if something happens to OBJ. Mims can be the primary back-up at RT and you still have Jackson Carmen or Cody Ford as third or fourth options. This is considerably better than where we've been. If they can add a quality interior linemen in the next four picks, they should be feeling good about o-line.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Based on the way the board fell, I thought it was a good pick. It's clear the league does not value Johnny Newton as much as the mock simulators value him. I thought they might go with the corner from Toledo, but was happy they ended up choosing Mims. It's a good situation from him learning from other tackles with similar size and not having to start right away. The offensive line depth continues to grow. We go into the season with two quality tackles with the Browns. Trent Brown has versatility to play LT if something happens to OBJ. Mims can be the primary back-up at RT and you still have Jackson Carmen or Cody Ford as third or fourth options. This is considerably better than where we've been. If they can add a quality interior linemen in the next four picks, they should be feeling good about o-line.
Mims will also be getting a shot to play LT as well behind Brown.

He's still raw enough that this isn't a bad idea with his athleticism - it's worth a look to see if he develops into a guy that could be a LT, or at least offer backup Reps at LT.

BurrowDeep2Chase

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We added depth to the O-Line. We can't go wrong with that.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just keep in mind - some of his lack of experience comes from sitting behind 2 guys currently in the NFL...

He did have the injury that cost him time, but the procedure is one many have had, including QB's, who have had no issues since.

You'd love some more tape, but if there was more tape - he likely doesn't last until 18.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Round 2 - DT, probably a DB/CB, maybe a WR...I could also see IOL if the value is right. Several guys who are going to, likely, be very good will be there. Bengals still could use IOL depth, they are likely going to lose either Cappa or Karras next year, and Ford and I think Carmen are up as well. Would be nice to have a guy, or two, ready to step in.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just keep in mind - some of his lack of experience comes from sitting behind 2 guys currently in the NFL...

He did have the injury that cost him time, but the procedure is one many have had, including QB's, who have had no issues since.

You'd love some more tape, but if there was more tape - he likely doesn't last until 18.
I don't have much concern. He played three years in college. Almost every lineman redshirts their first year in college so the fact that he played at all that season was notable (and probably due to him already being huge). In his sophomore year, he backed up a player that was All-SEC on an absolutely loaded Georgia team. He started in his third and final season and had a soft tissue injury - That's not much of a red flag.

The guy was a 5-star prospect coming out of high school and would be a top 10 pick if he played one more year in college. There are not many sure things with NFL linemen but the guys that typically fail are those that are tweeners or those that are limited athletically...... This guy is absolutely ready physically and he is easily the best athlete in the room. Sky's the limit.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only reason our fans complain about the pick is that they live under the delusion that we draft for the current season..... As I pointed out in another post - This is rarely the case. Of guys available at 18, which one would have started this season? Maybe the corner from Toledo? Newton might have rotated. Can't really think of anyone else.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only reason our fans complain about the pick is that they live under the delusion that we draft for the current season..... As I pointed out in another post - This is rarely the case. Of guys available at 18, which one would have started this season? Maybe the corner from Toledo? Newton might have rotated. Can't really think of anyone else.
Outside of Murphy - there wasn't another guy that was going to start right off the bat at #18. Heck, even some of the guys going earlier weren't going to start.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much money is Jeff Ruby losing when he hosts Mims, OBJ and Trent Brown.
Ruby's cleared $100M in 2023 alone - first time they've cleared that - and first time they've reported revenue.

I think they can afford the steaks...and then some...LOL

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And - if you've never been....one of the best dinning experiences I've ever had. Easily top 5, probably top 3...and the top 3 are pretty damn close.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He’ll get integrated. We always have injuries