• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023!!!

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NE and in particular BB have been very good at selecting TEs. Smith is gone next season anyway. Mayer is potentially the next Gronk. Very good receiver and blocker. NFL ready. Quite possibly the best TE that has come out of college in recent years.

If he's there when NE picks I think you have to take him. Let's see what he does at the combine?
Fuck...trade up.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Figured that this was the best place to start this discussion.

So far in free agency and the draft, BB has given the vets some serious things to consider.
2 Free Agent OTs. First, that might give Trent Brown a minute to think about what happened to Isaiah Wynn. If you don't play with at least a small amount of conviction, nobody will give you a third or fourth chance. McDermott played well enough for a team that didn't have a snowball's chance in hell of being successful. Strange and Owenue were great for one being a rookie and the other a completely unknown until 2021. BB drafts three OLs. He's already stuck the needle in at three butts saying that Siddy Sow will be tried at OT. Jake Andrews will be the motivation for Dave Andrews and Frentz to suck it up and show whether or not they deserve a roster spot.. Add to all of this, Adian Klemm as the new OL coach who was groomed under Dante Scarneccia and the Patriots' OL might be completely different in attitude and performance.

Which brings up Mac Jones. With a new OC and OL Coach, Mac should have at least one and a half more seconds in the pocket. A new QB Coach who just might help him understand the concept of stepping up in the pocket and giving himself another extra second or two could go a long way in increasing TTD passes and reducing INTs.

He drafted a punter that has had a 45 yard plus average since middle school.
He drafted a kicker that can kick a football through the upright 72 yards away off a tee.
He drafted bullet speed for the sidelines that will force punt returners and kick off returners to stay inside the numbers.
He appears to have fixed the broken pieces of ST.

He drafted a blocking TE. He may noy be a receiving TE, but he did catch 4 TDs. His hands do work. More importantly, he be able to ward off the edge guys who've been able to turn the RBs inside on sweeps outside or designed outside runs.

The biggest "need" that we all saw was at WR. Bill didn't make any big moves or draft any 'name' WRs. Why?? Because the kids that got drafted will bump some vets off other teams' rosters. Bill isn't going to be able to pick up a #1, but my guess is that he'll pick up another #2. Competition for a WR spot will be fierce. Here's hoping that Thorton breaks out of his 2022 fog.

The more I look at this draft, the more "I think" I understand what BB was doing. You don't listen to anyone but your staff and the people who you work with to acquire personnel. Then discuss the path you want to take and stay on it.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So far in free agency and the draft, BB has given the vets some serious things to consider.
2 Free Agent OTs. First, that might give Trent Brown a minute to think about what happened to Isaiah Wynn. If you don't play with at least a small amount of conviction, nobody will give you a third or fourth chance. McDermott played well enough for a team that didn't have a snowball's chance in hell of being successful. Strange and Owenue were great for one being a rookie and the other a completely unknown until 2021. BB drafts three OLs. He's already stuck the needle in at three butts saying that Siddy Sow will be tried at OT. Jake Andrews will be the motivation for Dave Andrews and Frentz to suck it up and show whether or not they deserve a roster spot.. Add to all of this, Adian Klemm as the new OL coach who was groomed under Dante Scarneccia and the Patriots' OL might be completely different in attitude and performance.

Which brings up Mac Jones. With a new OC and OL Coach, Mac should have at least one and a half more seconds in the pocket. A new QB Coach who just might help him understand the concept of stepping up in the pocket and giving himself another extra second or two could go a long way in increasing TTD passes and reducing INTs.

He drafted a kicker that can kick a football through the upright 72 yards away off a tee.
He drafted bullet speed for the sidelines that will force punt returners and kick off returners to stay inside the numbers.

He drafted a blocking TE. He may noy be a receiving TE, but he did catch 4 TDs. His hands do work. More importantly, he be able to ward off the edge guys who've been able to turn the RBs inside on sweeps outside or designed outside runs.

The biggest "need" that we all saw was at WR. Bill didn't make any big moves or draft any 'name' WRs. Why?? Because the kids that got drafted will bump some vets off other teams' rosters. Bill isn't going to be able to pick up a #1, but my guess is that he'll pick up another #2. Competition for a WR spot will be fierce. Here's hoping that Thorton breaks out of his 2022 fog.

The more I look at this draft, the more "I think" I understand what BB was doing. You don't listen to anyone but your staff and the people who you work with to acquire personnel. Then discuss the path you want to take and stay on it.
Lest we forget Gonzales and re-signing Jones in the secondary.

In the category of "still too soon to tell" I am stoked about Boutte.
This has Belichick steal written all over it.
Between coaching changes and a broken ankle his performance slipped as did his draft stock. I work with a few LSU fans who have been telling me all week that I am going to love him when game time comes.

Boutte, Bourne, Parker, Thornton, Smith-Schuster, Gesicki. Douglas has been compared to Edelman in his playing style. The passing attack should be much better given that extra 1.0 - 1.5 seconds.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't agree we all saw WR as the biggest need. Seems more felt WR was need but O Line was a greater need. If BOB can get Mac 1.5 to 2 sec then I feel like MAC will be fine. IMO Mac is in a shitty situation and BB fucked him last year, 3 OCs in 3 years is not good for any QB.

Some "EXPERTS" see this draft as an A to A- others a D. I see this as a solid B with the potential to move to a solid A. Shoring up the D made a lot of sense if the D can get the offense one or two more series per game that is win. If the O line gels it could be good.

My rookie to watch will be Bouttee (SP?) I feel he may end up being a steal

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't agree we all saw WR as the biggest need. Seems more felt WR was need but O Line was a greater need. If BOB can get Mac 1.5 to 2 sec then I feel like MAC will be fine. IMO Mac is in a shitty situation and BB fucked him last year, 3 OCs in 3 years is not good for any QB.

Some "EXPERTS" see this draft as an A to A- others a D. I see this as a solid B with the potential to move to a solid A. Shoring up the D made a lot of sense if the D can get the offense one or two more series per game that is win. If the O line gels it could be good.

I agree with most all you said but would like to add,
Most agreed we needed WR help but this draft was very poor in WR depth - especially at #1 WR.
There may be a sleeper or 2 turn out to be #1's but even more likely some of the top WR's drafted don't live up to expectations.
Seems like most prospects were either too small or too slow to seperate

I also believe that the depth at OT was less than expectations. Most will be average at best.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree WR wasn't one of our biggest need/s.

Hoping BB, BOB and Klemm see something in the guys they have?

One of Mac's strong points coming out of college was his ability to read a defense quickly. Our WRs weren't getting separation in the Rocket Scientist offense. When they did Mac missed them by miles downfield (not his strong suit). We need to get back to wheel routes, crossing patterns, dump offs... then the occasional long ball to keep Ds honest.

I guess many people have short memories? TB was called the dink and dunk king for a reason.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a look at the Patriots' home and road opponents for the 2023 NFL campaign.
(-) My prediction

Home

• Buffalo Bills (L)
  • Kansas City Chiefs (L)
  • Los Angeles Chargers (L)
  • Miami Dolphins (W)
  • New York Jets (W)
  • Philadelphia Eagles (L)
  • Washington Commanders (W)
  • Pittsburgh Steelers (W)
  • New Orleans Saints (W

Away​

• Buffalo Bills (L)
  • Dallas Cowboys (L)
  • Denver Broncos (W)
  • Miami Dolphins (L)
  • New York Jets (L)
  • New York Giants (L)
  • Las Vegas Raiders (W)
  • Indianapolis Colts (W)
Looking at this schedule, I gave them a gift with a Steeler win and the Raider win. Still I can't see this team rising much above 8-9. Even with coiaching and OL improvements, I just don't see them having a lot of success against this schedule. You may see things differently, so be it.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots will be the HOME team on either November 12 or November 18 in Frankfurt, Germany.

You know it won't an AFCE rival.

Who would be the best Opponent to play on completely foreign ground?

My gut says it will be the Commanders, Steelers or Saints.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots will be the HOME team on either November 12 or November 18 in Frankfurt, Germany.

Bigger rivalry with the Steelers.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cowboys!

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Colts...again, rivalry.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at this schedule, I gave them a gift with a Steeler win and the Raider win. Still I can't see this team rising much above 8-9. Even with coiaching and OL improvements, I just don't see them having a lot of success against this schedule. You may see things differently, so be it.