• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2023 Western Conference Finals: 1) Nuggets vs 7) Lakers (Bubble Rematch)

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know. But there is a spending limit. There has to be.

Right now, it's being said that Reaves is probably in the $10-12 million range. I think the Lakers do that in a heartbeat.

But, if someone offers in the $20 million range, which has been mentioned, it becomes a lot more problematic.
The thing of that is that would still be more than what Reeves would get if he entered the draft - Some of speculated that he wouldn't be more than a 6th 7th round pick - so 12 million is well worth keeping him.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. We Lakers fans have seen plenty of drama over the years.

These things just get a collective eyeroll at this point. lol

At least those of us with decades of being Lakers fans under our belts.

I think that's the difference between the Twitter Lakers fans and the ones here.

The ones here have been Lakers since at least Shaq/Kobe and a couple of us since The Logo, Wilt and Goodrich.
Some of us even got a glimpse of George Mikan coming by to say hi after a couple years after retirement as a Laker!

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, thus his player option (for $50M) for '24/'25. If you think he's forgoing $50M to take $12M, I've got a bridge to sell you.

I wouldn't be so sure. Dude is a billionaire and if he's looking at playing with his son, it means it's almost certainly his last year. I think he might be willing to forgo $50 million if that's what it took to make it happen.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be so sure. Dude is a billionaire and if he's looking at playing with his son, it means it's almost certainly his last year. I think he might be willing to forgo $50 million if that's what it took to make it happen.
This is so obvious, I really wonder why people can't see it. Is he that much of a homer?

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, there are like 2 Nuggets fans here and one didn't really start posting in here until the playoffs started. Plus, the Lakers are a "glamour franchise" and have Lebron.

I'm actually impressed that it hasn't taken over 2 or 3 other threads.

There are actually quite a few Nuggets fans on the Hoop. If you go over to the Broncos board, you'll see that there has definitely been some Nuggets chatter going on. In all honesty, Nuggets fans haven't really had much to cheer about in their 50 NBA years. I think most Nuggets fans are quietly humble and waiting for that to change some day. It would seem that some NBA glory is finally starting to happen. Probably typical of a fanbase that's suffered through mediocrity for their entire existence. There are definitely some diehards out there but not many. With this current team's success, I'm sure the team will generate new fandom. Winning championships is always how it starts. We'll see if they can get there this year. They definitely have a good chance.

Denver is a sports town that's DOMINATED by the Broncos, with the multiple Stanley Cup winning Avalanche a distant 2nd.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am so very sad.
There's always next year

Happy Russell Westbrook GIF by jumpman23

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pelinka already said without specifically guaranteeing anything that they intend to bring back their young core for next season. That's Rui and Reaves for sure.
I agree that Rui and Reaves will be back- which is why I dont understand these people talking about Trae and Kyrie. Rui will be around 10M at least, and Reaves between 15- probably closer to 20.

Thats it for space- and thats letting Russell go.

There best chance is get something is to sign and trade Russell and attach picks to him to make it better- but like you said- prob. leads to a hard cap.

Do you want Russell re-signed? Its a tough choice- because if they let him go- its not like it opens up cap room for someone else.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know. But there is a spending limit. There has to be.

Right now, it's being said that Reaves is probably in the $10-12 million range. I think the Lakers do that in a heartbeat.

But, if someone offers in the $20 million range, which has been mentioned, it becomes a lot more problematic.
10-12?

in todays NBA nobidies get 10-12........Ill guarantee he gets at least 15 a year- and would not be surprised a bit if its 20....shooting is always at a premium.