• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2023 Western Conference Finals: 1) Nuggets vs 7) Lakers (Bubble Rematch)

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because every game has a different flow.

The Warriors aren’t a 3 point only team when they are playing their best. They get Steph, Wiggins and Dray going downhill making plays.

They just weren’t able to do it consistently in this series.

Individual games are small sample sizes, but averages will play out over the course of a whole series.

There is no conspiracy here.
Lol if only you saw the number of "the fix is in" posts on my Facebook page. Seems like ALL the knuckleheads out there wanna blame the refs when they don't get the results they want...

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you’re kidding, the Suns won more games without CP3 against Denver then they did with him. There’s no way they get better if he came back. And Ayton was like -53 in the series, he would’ve made even less of a difference than Paul if he played game 6.
Suns had a lead in game 2 when CP3 left.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s rich!

Touting built, not bought while praising a guy they got via trade.

And the only major player the Lakers have that was bought is LeBron and Schroder.

AD- gave up significant players and draft picks to acquire
Rui- trade
Vanderbilt/Beasley- trade
DLo- trade ( but the Lakers also drafted and developed him prior to trading him after drafting Ball, who was traded to acquire AD )
Bamba- trade
Reaves- UDFA
Hold on now. LeBron is a pretty big damn acquisition haha. Additionally, you’re like “they gave up a lot for AD”. They did. But for the purpose of this discussion it should also be noted that AD begged out of New Orleans and then floated through his agent that he would only resign with the team that traded him if that team was the Lakers.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why some folks bother to watch. No way they're enjoying the game.
Hell, I still hear folks crying "refs" after the Superbowl (surprisingly mostly from Bengals fans). Guess some folks truly believe their teams can't get beaten fair and square...

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ElPatron1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell, I still hear folks crying "refs" after the Superbowl (surprisingly mostly from Bengals fans). Guess some folks truly believe their teams can't get beaten fair and square...

I mean the refs in general get a lot of calls wrong, but their isn’t much that can be done without slowing down the game.

Look at how many calls get changed just based on the single challenge rule. 75% lol

I don’t think any rigging is going on, but when a lot of money is riding on the games, certain things can happen, and more than just from the refs.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean the refs in general get a lot of calls wrong, but their isn’t much that can be done without slowing down the game.

Look at how many calls get changed just based on the single challenge rule. 75% lol

I don’t think any rigging is going on, but when a lot of money is riding on the games, certain things can happen, and more than just from the refs.
No one is arguing the refs don't get calls wrong, they obviously do. But the idea that they are doing so to help one team or another is stupid, they tend to even out and they happen by mistake not by design. And they almost never affect the outcome. It just gets so boring, even today's game the CELTICS fans didn't shut up about it until their team started pummeling the Sixers. It's so gay.

ElPatron1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one is arguing the refs don't get calls wrong, they obviously do. But the idea that they are doing so to help one team or another is stupid, they tend to even out and they happen by mistake not by design. And they almost never affect the outcome. It just gets so boring, even today's game the CELTICS fans didn't shut up about it until their team started pummeling the Sixers. It's so gay.

Well I agree, fans crying about certain fouls can be very valid. I mean in the Heat/Knicks game a furry of bad calls in the 4th actually let the Knicks win the game.

Things like that do change the outcome of a game. Football can be worse, because it’s one game and done.

It’s pure luck tho, sometimes it works in your favor and other times it doesn’t, so constantly complaining is annoying I agree

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this series will come down to AD vs. Joker.

If AD can use his athleticism and defensive advantages to neutralize Joker, the Lakers should win.

If he can't, the Nuggets should win.

Imo, when the Nuggets are on offense, the Lakers should try to take away everyone else and force Joker to play 1 on 1 with AD to prevent Joker from using his passing to get everyone else involved. When he's hitting his shots and getting assists, the Nuggets are damn near unbeatable.