• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2023 Western Conference Finals: 1) Nuggets vs 7) Lakers (Bubble Rematch)

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 328556

If the Nuggets can keep the Lakers whistle in check I think this series will go deeper than people think.
Not this shit again.

Dubs are a jump shooting team and the Lakers have twin battering rams in Lebron and Davis.

This isn’t rocket science and I am a ref troll.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like people here are more rational. You wouldn’t believe how many Laker fans on Twitter I’ve seen that are predicting sweep. Obviously everyone is a homer for their team but you’d think they’re dead serious.

Those aren’t real Lakers fans.

I’d bet my left tit they weren’t around for the tough times this season

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not this shit again.

Dubs are a jump shooting team and the Lakers have twin battering rams in Lebron and Davis.

Got it, the Warriors were a perimeter shooting team in games 1, 3, and 6 and decided to change up their strategy to be physical like the Lakers in games 2, 4, and 5. Could be why they didn’t win the series, smart thinking.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not this shit again.

Lol how many times have I brought up going to the basket so far and folks STILL wanna cry refs...

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol how many times have I brought up going to the basket so far and folks STILL wanna cry refs...

I admittedly didn’t watch near the amount of the series like you did but if the Lakers have that kind of style of play, then why wasn’t that consistent throughout the whole series? The Warriors had a 17-16 advantage in game 2 and both teams had equal in game 5 with 15. Did the Warriors change their entire style of play in those games so that’s why they got more calls? Did the Lakers suddenly stop playing that heavy drive to the basket style of offense and that’s why they got less calls?

Did the Lakers play that style only at home and that’s why the calls were so lopsided at home compared to being pretty much even in 2/3 games on the road?

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I admittedly didn’t watch near the amount of the series like you did but if the Lakers have that kind of style of play, then why wasn’t that consistent throughout the whole series? The Warriors had a 17-16 advantage in game 2 and both teams had equal in game 5 with 15. Did the Warriors change their entire style of play in those games so that’s why they got more calls? Did the Lakers suddenly stop playing that heavy drive to the basket style of offense and that’s why they got less calls?

Did the Lakers play that style only at home and that’s why the calls were so lopsided at home compared to being pretty much even in 2/3 games on the road?
Evidently you DON'T watch much basketball at all...

Jump shooting teams aren't going to get a bunch of foul calls. Everyone else here seems to understand that. But hey, at least you'll have your refs excuse ready...

Jordan23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jump shooting teams aren't going to get a bunch of foul calls. Everyone else here seems to understand that. But hey, at least you'll have your refs excuse ready...
Answer his question

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I’m not claiming they should’ve gotten a bunch of foul calls, I’m asking if the Lakers are such a drive to the basket heavy physical team, why they didn’t get those same calls in every game?

Clearly if that’s the way they play basketball against a jump shooting team, the fouls would’ve been lopsided every single game instead of only half the series.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not claiming they should’ve gotten a bunch of foul calls, I’m asking if the Lakers are such a drive to the basket heavy physical team, why they didn’t get those same calls in every game?

Clearly if that’s the way they play basketball against a jump shooting team, the fouls would’ve been lopsided every single game instead of only half the series.
I don’t think the question needs to be answer bc it’s common sense. Just bc a team has a style of play doesn’t mean it will work every game especially against other great teams, that reason and they won’t get the same calls every game. Officiating is inconsistent. Why does it matter they got less FT’s in 2 of the games. Their style of play is evident based on who they have been most of the year.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don’t think the question needs to be answer bc it’s common sense. Just bc a team has a style of play doesn’t mean it will work every game especially against other great teams, that reason and they won’t get the same calls every game. Officiating is inconsistent. Why does it matter they got less FT’s in 2 of the games. Their style of play is evident based on who they have been most of the year.
Exactly. Calls are subjective. It's not like the refs are gonna see and call the same things every game...

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why did GS let LA walk up the court without picking up the ball half the game?

AD and LBJ didn’t need to catch their breath on the bench, since they did it after every shot the Warriors made.

LeBron even was asked postgame if he had conserved energy. He dodged it, but I really wish he’d been public about GS letting him rest, on the court, while the clock was stopped.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Because every game has a different flow.

The Warriors aren’t a 3 point only team when they are playing their best. They get Steph, Wiggins and Dray going downhill making plays.

They just weren’t able to do it consistently in this series.

Individual games are small sample sizes, but averages will play out over the course of a whole series.

There is no conspiracy here.