• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2023 Western Conference Finals: 1) Nuggets vs 7) Lakers (Bubble Rematch)

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does it though? If you look at that offense (and you can’t take away everything) I wouldn’t mind living and dying with Aaron Gordon taking jump shots.

Maybe. But if you lose a game because Aaron Gordon was hitting 3's, you just tip your hat to him and know that they're not likely to win the series that way.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were outrebounded 47-30 and had 10 more offensive rebounds which led to more shots. Most of Lebron’s points were pretty easy is the thing. I saw Jokic and Murray hit 30 foot fadaways with a hand in their face. Every game is different so we really don’t know what will happen in game two but LA needs to start Rui.

Reaves and DLo out there is too bad defensively and DLo was awful last night. Those two gave us so many easy buckets. I didn’t like their starting lineup last game. It made no sense

Agree re: Rui. He is big enough and strong enough to defend Joker and allow AD to roam and protect the basket. The Lakers comeback started with that adjustment.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe. But if you lose a game because Aaron Gordon was hitting 3's, you just tip your hat to him and know that they're not likely to win the series that way.
That’s exactly what I’m saying. If it happens it happens but it’s not sustainable for AG to win them a series. The reason I think it’s impactful to play Jokic with a smaller athletic cover is two fold. 1) You have a defender that can move and limit what makes Jokic special and that’s his playmaking. 2) Jokic and Denver can fall in love with the size mismatch and back down the smaller defender. Essentially, you get the opposition to willingly get away from the thing they do best.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree re: Rui. He is big enough and strong enough to defend Joker and allow AD to roam and protect the basket. The Lakers comeback started with that adjustment.
Exactly. Who knows, if that adjustment was made quicker the Lakers MIGHT'VE been able to eke out a win...

That's kinda where Denver has the coaching advantage...

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had the right idea but the wrong player on this move. I was talking for days about using Vanderbilt in that role. They must see him as a zero on offense because it seems like Ham doesn’t give them offense. I would still try Vanderbilt first in that role in Game 2. I think he’s a defender built for this role.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had the right idea but the wrong player on this move. I was talking for days about using Vanderbilt in that role. They must see him as a zero on offense because it seems like Ham doesn’t give them offense. I would still try Vanderbilt first in that role in Game 2. I think he’s a defender built for this role.
I mean, I think Hachimura did ok in that role. Denver will probably be ready for it next game, though...

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 28,955.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was beyond silly to sit Vandy AND play him just 10 minutes.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. Who knows, if that adjustment was made quicker the Lakers MIGHT'VE been able to eke out a win...

That's kinda where Denver has the coaching advantage...

Yeah, Ham is good and looks like he's going to be really good. But being a rookie head coach, there's still a learning curve that more experienced coaches don't have. Fortunately, he seems to learn quickly.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck, so many turnovers and lack of hustle in the first half. I don't blame them though. I've gone to do work in Aspen at altitude, and the first day I can barely go up stairs . I expect them to be better in the beginning of the next game.

It will help if they use the proper starting lineup, subbing Rui for one of the guards (likely Schroder, but could be D-Lo). Denver is a much bigger team than the Warriors, what worked last series isn't applicable now.

For such a poor start, the Lakers keep coming and got it down to 3 late. Didn't expect them to steal that game after that 1st half, but they almost got it done. Encouraging moving forward.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You weren't the only one with wrong player/right idea. I posted a couple of days ago that Vando should take Joker on the perimeter and AD pick him up in the paint. But Rui seems to fit the role even better and actually was even able to do well enough when Joker was in the paint to allow AD to come in as a help defender. It seemed to slow Joker down some.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will help if they use the proper starting lineup, subbing Rui for one of the guards (likely Schroder, but could be D-Lo). Denver is a much bigger team than the Warriors, what worked last series isn't applicable now.

For such a poor start, the Lakers keep coming and got it down to 3 late. Didn't expect them to steal that game after that 1st half, but they almost got it done. Encouraging moving forward.
Horrible first half. I was dreading that it was going to be one of those Boston massacre type games that goes down in history. I started doing some things around the house and kept watching the score and rather than Denver pulling away the Lakers kept inching closer. thats gotta be great for the locker room.I'm sure they feel they can get this next one.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, I don't have an issue with the starting lineup. That lineup earned the game 1 start. But they should have adjusted earlier.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Horrible first half. I was dreading that it was going to be one of those Boston massacre type games that goes down in history. I started doing some things around the house and kept watching the score and rather than Denver pulling away the Lakers kept inching closer. thats gotta be great for the locker room.I'm sure they feel they can get this next one.

lol

I had a couple of errands to run today and thought about just getting them done last night. But every time I thought, "Ok, I'm gonna just get them done now" the Lakers would cut the lead to 10 or less.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference between GS and Den is that AD dominated, but it didn't matter. Imagine if AD doesn't dominate, they would have lost by 40 yesterday. The rebounding won't change.

AD's points were not impactful on the outcome of the game. That is a problem.

How is that true? His impact got the 21 pt lead down to 3 at one point. The D-Lo no-show was a bigger issue. Who is Denver going to put on AD to slow him down? Clearly Jokic couldn't.

The rebounding won't change, lol? You expect Denver to get 9 offensive rebounds on their first 11 misses again if the Lakers don't start a 3 guard lineup? Here's a hint; don't put money on it.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

I had a couple of errands to run today and thought about just getting them done last night. But every time I thought, "Ok, I'm gonna just get them done now" the Lakers would cut the lead to 10 or less.
just-when-i-thought-i-was-out-they-pull-me-back-in.gif

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Vando would be just fine defensively in that role, but his offense has been shaky at best. He'll get hustle points, but too often gets stripped/rejected at the rim (need to work on that in the offseason, along with his corner 3s). They'll probably share that role, hopefully keeping that size on the court throughout.