• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 season

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't go al philosophical on me. HAHA I was just saying, how much would you hate seeing Boyd on the back of a Steeler jersey?
I suppose it would suck a little. But it would be nice for his family, I'm sure..... Keep in mind, his coordinator would be Matt Canada, so it's not like he would damage us in any sort of way.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cardinals like the Eagles DC over Lou..... Comical decision.

Good for the Bengals though.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cardinals like the Eagles DC over Lou..... Comical decision.

Good for the Bengals though.
I was just getting ready to make a new post about this if someone didn't comment in this thread about it. I was like Lou deserves this, but damn it, I am happy he will be here another year. See what he can do with his pieces getting depleted a little this off season.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why did you draft a fullback? Are we going to run the Ravens offense this year?

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why did you draft a fullback? Are we going to run the Ravens offense this year?
I like him as a closer running back who can be that extra guy blocking for Burrow at the end of games and power run game in short yardage

he's versatile as a receiver, could be lined up at HB, FB, TE

would probably be on special teams and on the field for special situations the first year.

my philosophy is that too many teams try to force a good college rb who's too lightweight to be a power back, when said rb is not. just draft a power back.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like him as a closer running back who can be that extra guy blocking for Burrow at the end of games and power run game in short yardage

he's versatile as a receiver, could be lined up at HB, FB, TE

would probably be on special teams and on the field for special situations the first year.

my philosophy is that too many teams try to force a good college rb who's too lightweight to be a power back, when said rb is not. just draft a power back.
I do wish the Bengals were more versatile with positions and formations. I think we've led the league in running plays out of 11 personnel for the past two seasons. It seems like we don't give Ds too much to think about. I get that we want our 3 receivers on the field and Burrow has issues being under center, but I'd like to see more creativity. One of my favorite games was the Buffalo playoff game - We did a bunch of odd things with Chase lined up as running back and it really messed with the D. Hopefully we see more of that.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do wish the Bengals were more versatile with positions and formations. I think we've led the league in running plays out of 11 personnel for the past two seasons. It seems like we don't give Ds too much to think about. I get that we want our 3 receivers on the field and Burrow has issues being under center, but I'd like to see more creativity. One of my favorite games was the Buffalo playoff game - We did a bunch of odd things with Chase lined up as running back and it really messed with the D. Hopefully we see more of that.
The biggest complaint I have - the running game is very, very basic. Plays under center are 80% runs...when you do that, the defense is going to play the percentage every time. You are setting everyone up to fail.

2 of the best running games they had - they used a ton of pulls and pins - Panthers/Bills. It seems to me, the other games, very little of that. It seems so odd, but the main plays are all very basic straight forward blocking - and then straight runs. For an OL that struggled to create space, you have to find ways to scheme it with pulls and pins...

I keep saying this - I really like ZT - and I think he's a hell of a Head Coach. I still, after 4 years, have major reservations about his play calling. With the talent on this team, even with the OL, it feels like there is too much inconsistency. He's getting less out of more. Either just scrap it and go 3-4 wide with 1 RB shotgun full time (even with runs) or there needs to be a real overhaul of the scheme approach to the offense in general. This offense with Burrow, Higgins, Chase, and Boyd (and up to this year, Mixon) should not struggle to pick up at least a few 1st downs on most drives. I'm not asking for points every drive, but it feels like there were way too many drives 3-out, or maybe 1 1st down.....

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest complaint I have - the running game is very, very basic. Plays under center are 80% runs...when you do that, the defense is going to play the percentage every time. You are setting everyone up to fail.

2 of the best running games they had - they used a ton of pulls and pins - Panthers/Bills. It seems to me, the other games, very little of that. It seems so odd, but the main plays are all very basic straight forward blocking - and then straight runs. For an OL that struggled to create space, you have to find ways to scheme it with pulls and pins...

I keep saying this - I really like ZT - and I think he's a hell of a Head Coach. I still, after 4 years, have major reservations about his play calling. With the talent on this team, even with the OL, it feels like there is too much inconsistency. He's getting less out of more. Either just scrap it and go 3-4 wide with 1 RB shotgun full time (even with runs) or there needs to be a real overhaul of the scheme approach to the offense in general. This offense with Burrow, Higgins, Chase, and Boyd (and up to this year, Mixon) should not struggle to pick up at least a few 1st downs on most drives. I'm not asking for points every drive, but it feels like there were way too many drives 3-out, or maybe 1 1st down.....

right, with our current offense, we are more of a short pass than hand the ball off team. several times we tried to force Mixon to run into a heavy line and it did not work.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you keep guys around, try and improve depth, all while paying guys...you make a shit ton of draft day trades....all while keeping an eye on some select targets....

1677524496683.png