• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 offseason thread

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So she’ll

Treat him like shit

Lie about

Claim to be the victim

And write a song about him

Remember swift pre heel turn when she was a decent person with wholesome morals and ethics?

I'm not putting anyone on blast for relationship stuff. How difficult would it be for someone like her (or whomever is dating her) in the public eye like that? She does treat her fans very well from what I've read, so there's that. At least he's not dating a Kardashian (like multiple of his teammates from the 22/23 team did).

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, this ends all speculation. He is most definitely using the Rockets for leverage to get Philly to give him top dollar. He has little to no interest in actually playing for Houston
In hindsight, we can look back at the Houston rumors that started right before the Christmas Day game with the Knicks. We now know that Doc behind closed doors was really critical of Harden’s night life choices. Every posted Harden to Houston report coincides with a period of time Doc was being critical of him. The Sixers budged on Doc but it seems like Morey is being more judicious with the contract he’s being offered. I hope he holds the line. I would bring back Harden on something reasonable like 3 years 100 million with a team option in year 3. He shouldn’t see anything close to the 4 year 200 million he’s seeking from the Sixers.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but tactics works different when you are a top 2 player in your sport/in your prime compared to borderline top 20 player and not in your prime
Bigger issue is the reality of the NBA cap. There are fewer teams that could be involved. In baseball you have some 10-12 clubs willing to pay money for a great talent. In the NBA you have maybe 2-3 because of the cap. You need a team with massive cap space and in this dynamic you also need that team with massive space to be a contender as Harden is long in the tooth.

Harden is playing this game with a bad hand. Morey is a fool if he doesn’t call his bluff.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They aren’t gonna be able to replace him

You’d basically keep Bamba and Beas and trade a pick to replace him

This "corners" bit is utter crap IMO, unless by corners they mean the corner offices in Lakers headquarters. Unless they're moving to Reaves as the starting PG or find a S&T for DLo, they re-sign DLo for as reasonable a contract as possible to return. Likely the same for at least one of Beasley and Bamba; explore the trade route, then turn down their 2023/24 contracts and re-sign them for less with Bird rights.

This dismissal of DLo over a 4 game series is just stupid. Recency bias and disappointment for the playoff exit is still too fresh apparently.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In hindsight, we can look back at the Houston rumors that started right before the Christmas Day game with the Knicks. We now know that Doc behind closed doors was really critical of Harden’s night life choices. Every posted Harden to Houston report coincides with a period of time Doc was being critical of him. The Sixers budged on Doc but it seems like Morey is being more judicious with the contract he’s being offered. I hope he holds the line. I would bring back Harden on something reasonable like 3 years 100 million with a team option in year 3. He shouldn’t see anything close to the 4 year 200 million he’s seeking from the Sixers.

Is that really what he's seeking? Holy crap, let him walk.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bigger issue is the reality of the NBA cap. There are fewer teams that could be involved. In baseball you have some 10-12 clubs willing to pay money for a great talent. In the NBA you have maybe 2-3 because of the cap. You need a team with massive cap space and in this dynamic you also need that team with massive space to be a contender as Harden is long in the tooth.

Harden is playing this game with a bad hand. Morey is a fool if he doesn’t call his bluff.

If Harden wants back, he has a player option for 23/24. Call his bluff. I would really question the Rockets wanting to use him as vet leadership on a team of young players; do they really want him back?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that really what he's seeking? Holy crap, let him walk.
That’s assumed because that’s what he’s eligible to sign for and his last deal from Houston/Brooklyn was paying him 47 million a year in the final year when he was traded to Philly. Last year he took less at 37 million. He’s of a mind that he sacrificed last year with the thought that he would be able to recoup the lost 10 million ish he left on the table last summer so the Sixers could make other moves. I’m getting close to just wanting him to not come back at any price. I think the best course for the Sixers would be:
1. Let Harden walk
2. Sixers play the season with Embiid, Maxey, Tobias Harris next season only using the MLE this summer. They need to convince Maxey to wait a year for his bag
3. They let Harris walk. Maxey’s cap hold will be manageable. No All NBA accolades or special awards. 21st pick in his draft. With Harris 39 million off the bucks with Harden’s 37 off the books, a low cap hold for Maxey, they can shop for a close to max player next summer.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Harden wants back, he has a player option for 23/24. Call his bluff. I would really question the Rockets wanting to use him as vet leadership on a team of young players; do they really want him back?
They may because of the economic pressures of sports. They haven’t drawn well since he left. He would put asses in the seats for their rebuild and they could always trade him in the last year of his deal when they’re ready to really compete.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s assumed because that’s what he’s eligible to sign for and his last deal from Houston/Brooklyn was paying him 47 million a year in the final year when he was traded to Philly. Last year he took less at 37 million. He’s of a mind that he sacrificed last year with the thought that he would be able to recoup the lost 10 million ish he left on the table last summer so the Sixers could make other moves. I’m getting close to just wanting him to not come back at any price. I think the best course for the Sixers would be:
1. Let Harden walk
2. Sixers play the season with Embiid, Maxey, Tobias Harris next season only using the MLE this summer. They need to convince Maxey to wait a year for his bag
3. They let Harris walk. Maxey’s cap hold will be manageable. No All NBA accolades or special awards. 21st pick in his draft. With Harris 39 million off the bucks with Harden’s 37 off the books, a low cap hold for Maxey, they can shop for a close to max player next summer.

It sucks and will be a hard sell to the fans to take a step back, but damn I wouldn't spend close to that for Harden. I was pissed enough that I saw a trade rumor for a Lakers Harden trade this AM (DLo, Beasley, Vanderbilt, pick(s)?). Now I know why that popped up; an agent trying to get more leverage. I don't want the Lakers trying to go back to the 3 star model whatsoever (unless that 3rd star is too good to pass up, of course).

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sucks and will be a hard sell to the fans to take a step back, but damn I wouldn't spend close to that for Harden. I was pissed enough that I saw a trade rumor for a Lakers Harden trade this AM (DLo, Beasley, Vanderbilt, pick(s)?). Now I know why that popped up; an agent trying to get more leverage. I don't want the Lakers trying to go back to the 3 star model whatsoever (unless that 3rd star is too good to pass up, of course).
Harden would actually fit well with you guys if you get the Sixers, pass first Harden who has added catch and shoot to his game. You should do that trade. DLo is high priced garbage. The most enticing player in that deal for me is Vando. I want no parts of DLo on the Sixers. He’s a poor man’s Maxey

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They may because of the economic pressures of sports. They haven’t drawn well since he left. He would put asses in the seats for their rebuild and they could always trade him in the last year of his deal when they’re ready to really compete.

I don't know the Rockets' kids well enough to know who to bench for a vet, so it's tough to suggest FA signings for them. I would say Vuc/Bropez at center (or Naz to stay young), maybe VanVleet if a PG, Grant for a wing?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harden would actually fit well with you guys if you get the Sixers, pass first Harden who has added catch and shoot to his game. You should do that trade. DLo is high priced garbage. The most enticing player in that deal for me is Vando. I want no parts of DLo on the Sixers. He’s a poor man’s Maxey

It's no secret that I hate Harden with a vengeance, lol. I wouldn't want to give up this year's 1st, let alone the 2029 first for him. DLo/Beas I don't care too much about other than replaceability in this year's market/cap space situation. Regardless, I doubt that rumor originated from anywhere near the Lakers org.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's no secret that I hate Harden with a vengeance, lol. I wouldn't want to give up this year's 1st, let alone the 2029 first for him. DLo/Beas I don't care too much about other than replaceability in this year's market/cap space situation. Regardless, I doubt that rumor originated from anywhere near the Lakers org.
Agree on that.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That trade is impossible

You can’t add more players to a sign and trade because the nba doesn’t want us to have nice things

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. Let Harden walk

The problem with this theory is that with these new rules and such the fa market isn’t likely to ever look like it used to

Which was the point

And yes, another reason we can’t have nice things

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This "corners" bit is utter crap IMO, unless by corners they mean the corner offices in Lakers headquarters. Unless they're moving to Reaves as the starting PG or find a S&T for DLo, they re-sign DLo for as reasonable a contract as possible to return. Likely the same for at least one of Beasley and Bamba; explore the trade route, then turn down their 2023/24 contracts and re-sign them for less with Bird rights.

This dismissal of DLo over a 4 game series is just stupid. Recency bias and disappointment for the playoff exit is still too fresh apparently.

Not only that but you’d only have some version of the mle to replace him

You’re at about 100m for 4 players

Reeves will count…I think it was 12.5 against the cap this year

Rui likely on the same range let’s call it 14.5 for round numbers

That puts you at 127m with 6 players use the big mle and you’re at 140m (round up) for 7

You’d need another 16m for all minimum contracts on the bench

Not even sure you’re not over the hard cap at that point

And that would including trading your first this year for a future first

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That trade is impossible

You can’t add more players to a sign and trade because the nba doesn’t want us to have nice things

Yeah, it's pointless in multiple ways. I suppose it could be DLo or Beas/Vando/Bamba if Harden opted in, but that doesn't help Harden's extension negotiations lol.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, it's pointless in multiple ways. I suppose it could be DLo or Beas/Vando/Bamba if Harden opted in, but that doesn't help Harden's extension negotiations lol.

Harden would still have to take a pay cut from what he could get to make that happen

You’d likely need to trade the rights to your first and go with a bunch of young guys on minimum deals

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It would be easier if harden opted in for a trade

That would let the sixers get 17 in the deal

and the lakers wouldn’t be hardcapped

But that seems unlikely