• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 offseason thread

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What part of they don't wanna give up Mann don't you understand?

LOL.

I'm guessing Morey is still asking for the moon anyway, probably wants a prime and pre-fat suit Harden return.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What part of they don't wanna give up Mann don't you understand?

LOL.
I’m reacting to reports saying the Clippers are working to get it done coupled with reports out of the Sixers camp that they aren’t trading him to the Clippers without Mann and a first being in the deal. I didn’t write the reports and in my post I flat out said that the deal I put together was based on the reports going around yesterday.

Sixers aren’t going to trade him just for the sake of trading him. If Harden isn’t committed and playing then he’s just not going to get minutes and he’ll sit on the bench. The Sixers players have already dealt with this with Ben Simmons. They’re not going to trade him for nothing.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing Morey is still asking for the moon anyway, probably wants a prime and pre-fat suit Harden return.
My deal is a fair return for a guy who led the league in assists last year and averaged 21 and 10. They’re sending out one player with promise in Mann and a distant first in 2028. Morris and RoCo are cooked and Tucker and Batum is a fair swap of role playing wings who can also play small ball 5. That’s not asking for the moon.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's going to change night to night depending on matchups IMO. Rui, Wood, Prince, Vando, Hayes all in that mix.

Yep. They may settle on 1 guy who starts most of the season (probably Rui or Vando) for continuity, but there will be nights where 1 or 2 of the others will play more minutes.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m reacting to reports saying the Clippers are working to get it done coupled with reports out of the Sixers camp that they aren’t trading him to the Clippers without Mann and a first being in the deal. I didn’t write the reports and in my post I flat out said that the deal I put together was based on the reports going around yesterday.

Sixers aren’t going to trade him just for the sake of trading him. If Harden isn’t committed and playing then he’s just not going to get minutes and he’ll sit on the bench. The Sixers players have already dealt with this with Ben Simmons. They’re not going to trade him for nothing.

Not gonna lie, there's a part of me that wants this to happen. The level of discomfort around the Sixers would be gold. lol

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. They may settle on 1 guy who starts most of the season (probably Rui or Vando) for continuity, but there will be nights where 1 or 2 of the others will play more minutes.
It seems like for the first time since the bubble championship the Lakers have continuity in their roster with guys suited to playing roles that fit them best while also rounding out team needs. I’ll eat my crow. I was a guy who thought the Lakers LeBron era would end with one title as he plays out the contract because they lacked that flexibility and assets to create that. I was wrong. Still think in an ideal world they would have more shooting around the group but they have pieces that may be able to get that done in the lead up to the deadline.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not gonna lie, there's a part of me that wants this to happen. The level of discomfort around the Sixers would be gold. lol
I don’t blame you. The drama is a part of following sports. Truth be told, I wouldn’t mind scenarios that “stick it to Harden”. I absolutely prefer that to making a trade that brings little to nothing back to the Sixers that’s useable.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems like for the first time since the bubble championship the Lakers have continuity in their roster with guys suited to playing roles that fit them best while also rounding out team needs. I’ll eat my crow. I was a guy who thought the Lakers LeBron era would end with one title as he plays out the contract because they lacked that flexibility and assets to create that. I was wrong. Still think in an ideal world they would have more shooting around the group but they have pieces that may be able to get that done in the lead up to the deadline.

Even Wood is feeling wanted and is already saying he would like to continue with the Lakers beyond this season. I don't necessarily see them finding the money to do keep him happy moving forward, but it's a nice sentiment.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t blame you. The drama is a part of following sports. Truth be told, I wouldn’t mind scenarios that “stick it to Harden”. I absolutely prefer that to making a trade that brings little to nothing back to the Sixers that’s useable.

The most interesting thing, imo, would be how Embiid reacts. I could see him towing the company line for a while, but if it drags on too far into the season, he's gonna pop and start saying stuff.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even Wood is feeling wanted and is already saying he would like to continue with the Lakers beyond this season. I don't necessarily see them finding the money to do keep him happy moving forward, but it's a nice sentiment.
It’s good to have multiple bodies that can compete to play those roles. Wood has shot 37% or better from 3 each of the last 4 years. If he can get in a groove with the corner 3, he can really thrive with AD at 5 and LeBron on the floor because of the attention they’ll get. He could be a really nice stretch 4 in the end.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The most interesting thing, imo, would be how Embiid reacts. I could see him towing the company line for a while, but if it drags on too far into the season, he's gonna pop and start saying stuff.
Yep! You hit the nail on the head. The number one priority in any Harden deal should be the anticipated reaction of Joel Embiid. You need to sell him on the vision of summer 2024 and cap space. Sixers have much more flexibility when Harden and Harris come off the books. That’s another thing that makes dealing Harden difficult. There better be something worthy coming back that is better than $75 million off the cap this summer. That should leave them like 30-35 million in cap space plus the midlevel exception to round out a roster. The biggest Embiid enticement probably lies in Tyrese Maxey revealing another layer to his game this season and being more of a facilitator and play maker.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep! You hit the nail on the head. The number one priority in any Harden deal should be the anticipated reaction of Joel Embiid. You need to sell him on the vision of summer 2024 and cap space. Sixers have much more flexibility when Harden and Harris come off the books. That’s another thing that makes dealing Harden difficult. There better be something worthy coming back that is better than $75 million off the cap this summer. That should leave them like 30-35 million in cap space plus the midlevel exception to round out a roster. The biggest Embiid enticement probably lies in Tyrese Maxey revealing another layer to his game this season and being more of a facilitator and play maker.
Embiid is going to the Olympics in order to convince LeBron to opt out and for the first time in his career play with a real elite big man.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Various Sixers are already hitting the Doc Rivers slander dropping comments about liking Nurse’s share the ball philosophy instead of playing 2 men dominating the ball.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Celtics have guys on ngc so we’ll see

But yeah they need to be scouring

Need depth in the front court
Sixers have to make a cut and they have Bigs out the ass. I’m hoping it’s MonTrashZel.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m doing it again…here come screen shots from the trade machine (my favorite app). If rumors are true that it takes Mann and a first round pick to get this done, this is what it would look like in order to make the money work. Sixers are taking on 4 and sending out 2. The Sixers would have to cut 3 guys. Clippers can’t take on any extra money and Harden’s trade kicker takes him from 35.6 to 40.6 million.

View attachment 342416View attachment 342417

I have a hard time seeing them trade all 3 PFs and not Powell

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sixers have to make a cut and they have Bigs out the ass. I’m hoping it’s MonTrashZel.

Almost certainly will be

He’s OFY and will get paid no matter what

They’re not even bothering to have him rehab with the team

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i,m a longtime celtic fan,but the 76ers need to move asshole harden before the season starts,he,s gonna ruin the team if they keep his sorry ass around

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Picks and expiring contracts are usable

Reports this summer were morey would do that so he could make a future trade

Expecting more than the jrue deal since you can’t extend harden is a tough sell