• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: 2023 Lions regular season game thread

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched the game now. I have been super critical of Glenn, but he has done some real good things the last few weeks. Dline still never gets pressure outside of Hutch, Glenn is pretty damn good at blitzing DBs at the right time. The negative result is 400 yards to Mullins, positive result is 4 picks and uptick in sacks for the last 2 weeks.

Benching Jacobs and putting in Melinfonwu seemed to be a big help in that. A 2nd fiddle pass rusher and a #1 cb and this defense becomes a strength imo. Those are 2 of the hardest things to find, but it is cool to have a lot of the pieces in place.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watched the game now. I have been super critical of Glenn, but he has done some real good things the last few weeks. Dline still never gets pressure outside of Hutch, Glenn is pretty damn good at blitzing DBs at the right time. The negative result is 400 yards to Mullins, positive result is 4 picks and uptick in sacks for the last 2 weeks.

Benching Jacobs and putting in Melinfonwu seemed to be a big help in that. A 2nd fiddle pass rusher and a #1 cb and this defense becomes a strength imo. Those are 2 of the hardest things to find, but it is cool to have a lot of the pieces in place.
We are missing Mosely more than I thought. Not sure he will ever be what he was either. Its a question mark. We may need to look elsewhere next year. I might be willing to give TW3 or CGJ a shot at it this year.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are missing Mosely more than I thought. Not sure he will ever be what he was either. Its a question mark. We may need to look elsewhere next year. I might be willing to give TW3 or CGJ a shot at it this year.
I am not sure CGJ is brought back. I would have said it was mandatory before Melinfonwu improvement. Not sure CGJ could move out of the slot as a corner, and Branch has that locked down.

elguapo

I cannot think of anything clever to put here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,056.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
man we need to score a ton on dallas, cuz this defense gonna give up at least 30

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
man we need to score a ton on dallas, cuz this defense gonna give up at least 30
No Ceedy Duece and Sutton is questionable. Could be a long day.

VulturesRule

Nothing To See Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas is stout at home this year, but the Lions have had a knack of delivering in Prime Time and on the road. Green Bay to end last season (and crush their playoff hopes), KC to start this year when they were to raise their banner, it would stay true to form to upset the Jimmy Johnson Ring of Honor induction.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
30! I believe that number should be 40. If Chris Mullen hangs 400+yds what's Dak going to do?
Yards from that game are empty. Lions generated pressure that led to turnovers. Dak is far less likely to turn it over, but I am curious to see changes Glenn made against a good offense. This will be a good test.

Zwalt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,173.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas is stout at home this year, but the Lions have had a knack of delivering in Prime Time and on the road. Green Bay to end last season (and crush their playoff hopes), KC to start this year when they were to raise their banner, it would stay true to form to upset the Jimmy Johnson Ring of Honor induction.
One of the things that people overlook is that Detroit is actually very good on the road with a 6-2 record.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't blame the passrush on that one

Zwalt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,173.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well fuck, I’ve seen this movie before. Can’t give up a TD like that then go 3 and out.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oline is getting rocked, first time we have seen that with a fully healthy squad.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sutton I think had primary coverage on Lamb for most of the game. Throwing away that fluke 90+ yard pass, he still had like 12 catches for 140 yards. And yet I couldn't be happier than if we could lock up Sutton long term. He's obviously (very obviously) not an All Pro lock down #1 CB. But he has been so steady for us all year, and I would absolutely love it if we had him on teams #2 guy next year. If we could pair him with a real #1 guy.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oline is getting rocked, first time we have seen that with a fully healthy squad.
Jonah is regressing terribly. Decker is not 100%. Sometimes just going through the motions. I am surprised they didnt just put Micah on him all night.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too many mental fuck ups combined with Ben Johnson being atrocious inside the 10 with his play calling. We have the best short yardage back in the league and yet he has the scat back trying to run it in from the 5. Seriously need to stop with the pitty pat bullshit close to the goal line. Put in Monte and Skipper and run it down their fucking throats. No need for the fancy pants bullshit. Campbell also taking too many chances. Could have had an extra FG in the first half that would have won the game without any drama.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just when I thought we were done finding new ways to lose…
I am not upset by this game. Many of our losses the Lions played like ass. This game they played well, but with key mistakes. So many small points completely change the game, and most of them are on Cambell. Lions finish the sack instead of giving up a 92-yarder was rough, not kicking a field goal in the red zone was disastrous. Even going for the xp after the penalty and we get a shot in overtime.

The main takeaways for me is Dallas rush up the middle was far better than our oline. and the pressure on the QB continued and generated very positive results. The changes Glenn has made are working. I never would have guesed that Melinfonwu would be the key for turning the defense around. Still need some key players, but D is hitting its best at the right time.