• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: 2023 Lions official draft thread

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anyone heard from @Big_Blue_72 on another site? Less than 1 week to draft and he is not around. Getting concerned. He is not exactly a spring chicken.

VulturesRule

Nothing To See Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anyone heard from @Big_Blue_72 on another site? Less than 1 week to draft and he is not around. Getting concerned. He is not exactly a spring chicken.
With the seeming rise of the Lions I have been wondering if all us older fans who have kept on wishing to see at least one SuperBowl championship in our lifetime are facing our own demise.

I’m holding out for two…..

Dutchis59

Senior Advisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like DB and WR become a little more important in the draft with Cephus and CJ Moore gone and Williams and Berryhill suspended for 6 games

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I seriously can't think of a worse outcome for a long struggling yet loyal fanbase. The hits never stop coming do they?

Rob

Forward down the field, Bitches.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will Anderson or Tyree Wilson are also the targets for me.

Jalen Carter is fine if Holmes truly believes Carter is mature enough. If there is any doubt then I say pass. I don't care if he's a bad guy but he had better love football above drag racing or whatever other dumb thing he does. I hope they paid his friends and teammates to get the inside scoop. :)

If they are both gone and Carter is a turd then I really hope we take Skoronski over a cornerback. Not because he is "versatile" but because he is the best OT/OL in this draft. Keep stacking strength on an already strong OL. He can play guard now and we have insurance in case of injury or Sewell/Decker being too expensive. This draft is too deep at corner to use the #6 pick on one. Build the trenches!

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will Anderson or Tyree Wilson are also the targets for me.

Jalen Carter is fine if Holmes truly believes Carter is mature enough. If there is any doubt then I say pass. I don't care if he's a bad guy but he had better love football above drag racing or whatever other dumb thing he does. I hope they paid his friends and teammates to get the inside scoop. :)

If they are both gone and Carter is a turd then I really hope we take Skoronski over a cornerback. Not because he is "versatile" but because he is the best OT/OL in this draft. Keep stacking strength on an already strong OL. He can play guard now and we have insurance in case of injury or Sewell/Decker being too expensive. This draft is too deep at corner to use the #6 pick on one. Build the trenches!
I agree with all of this except Skoronksi. I have him as number 2 or 3. Darnell Wright is 1 IMO. He snuffed out Anderson in the Bama game. If you didnt see the game you would wonder if he even played past Q1 by looking at the box score. He tossed Anderson around like Godzilla with a railroad car. He also manhandled everyone at the senior bowl.

All that being said, Broderick Jones may end up having the best career. He has the highest ceiling anyway.

Reactions: Rob

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How old is he? He doesn't seem all that old in his writing.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I asked Harold to send Blue an email the other day.

We still haven’t got any word from him though.
Thanks again. It is not the same around here without him. Hopefully he is just moving or changing internet or something.

VulturesRule

Nothing To See Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although I don’t have a list of favorite players for the Lions to take starting tomorrow, I‘ll be more likely to consider it a success on day one if they only draft defense. There’s no need to over-reach on a prospect. I won’t be too disappointed if they trade back, I might be miffed if they trade up (unless it’s getting a third pick in the first round). It just seems that the team has a chance to help itself out for this year and the next few if the defense gets as good as the offense already is.

Being optimistic doesn’t disqualify the fact that they won five out of six in the NFC North last year. There is every reason to believe that the offense can perform at the same level as last year, while the defense can improve. Time for these Lions to pounce.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks again. It is not the same around here without him. Hopefully he is just moving or changing internet or something.
It sure isn’t.

Blue is a better source for draft info than any stand alone site out there. And he’s our friend.

Hoping he just kicked his monitor when he saw Wagner go back to Seattle.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t really want a CB at 6. If they choose Carter, I have to trust them. I’ve always pulled for the trenches and I’d love to make @broncosmitty happy and take Skoronski at 6 or maybe a trade back with someone who wants Carter in top ten and then take the OT there. Don’t care if they go defense all the way up to the point they take Vorhees. Then the OL stays a strength for awhile. This is of course just the offensive linemen in me for life.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t really want a CB at 6. If they choose Carter, I have to trust them. I’ve always pulled for the trenches and I’d love to make @broncosmitty happy and take Skoronski at 6 or maybe a trade back with someone who wants Carter in top ten and then take the OT there. Don’t care if they go defense all the way up to the point they take Vorhees. Then the OL stays a strength for awhile. This is of course just the offensive linemen in me for life.
I don’t want to see a corner at six. But won’t be angry if that how it goes down.

Really don’t want to see a QB.

Been hearing a lot of Skoronski chatter the last couple days. Has me excited.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t want to see a corner at six. But won’t be angry if that how it goes down.

Really don’t want to see a QB.

Been hearing a lot of Skoronski chatter the last couple days. Has me excited.
Surely don’t want a QB at all unless with the last two picks to hold a clipboard. Would’ve loved your other bromance player of Teddy as backup. I just feel a CB can be found in the 2nd or pick 81. I just don’t look at CB’s either. It’s all about fat guys up front on both lines.