• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 Free agency and trade thread

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At his age and with his contract, this is not a bad trade. He has 3 maybe 4 good years left tops. He even showed some flaws last year.

Paying that kind of money to a corner that is not going to be elite for the rest of that contract is probably not a good investment.
The Dolphins had to increase Ramsey's pay and guarantee his 2nd year. Teams trade for contracts and a bigger contract means less trade compensation. It's not a bad trade from my perspective, just a little sub-par, and no-one gets every trade valuation right. The Rams got almost exactly what the Lions got for Slay at the same age. Having looked at the Rams forums i'm laughing at some of the fan histrionics. Some of them need coaxing back in off the ledges. I shouldn't laugh. We're a small fan base as it is.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trading Stafford would increase their 2023 cap hit from $20M to $48M. It could be done but it's really hard to see how the Rams could create the necessary extra $28M space without completely wrecking the roster. I don't see Stafford or Donald leaving in 2023.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At his age and with his contract, this is not a bad trade. He has 3 maybe 4 good years left tops. He even showed some flaws last year.

Paying that kind of money to a corner that is not going to be elite for the rest of that contract is probably not a good investment.
Ramsey only has 2 years left on the contract and I'm hearing they can rework it to a 5 M cap hit this year. Fins will have plenty of cash left if that's the case. Need a MLB, RB and TE between FA and draft. Oline couldn't hurt either although will get a few back this year.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Ramsey had #56 pick trade value. Long has negligible value so this doesn't upgrade the #77 pick to much more than #73. It's a bit less than I expected but it is what it is. I wish Ramsey well going forward. Rams fans on other forums will likely be going nuts since many of them thought he had mid 1st round+ pick value. lol.
We get a little success, and some Rams fans don't know how to act. People act like the Rams were supposed to get a 1st based on their own assumptions. Every situation is different.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nah, he can move to safety in a few years and be good there for a few years too.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dolphins had to increase Ramsey's pay and guarantee his 2nd year. Teams trade for contracts and a bigger contract means less trade compensation. It's not a bad trade from my perspective, just a little sub-par, and no-one gets every trade valuation right. The Rams got almost exactly what the Lions got for Slay at the same age. Having looked at the Rams forums i'm laughing at some of the fan histrionics. Some of them need coaxing back in off the ledges. I shouldn't laugh. We're a small fan base as it is.
Yeah, that's all fan bases when a SB winning team starts selling off a couple key players. A couple of good draft picks in those mid to late rounds can completely flip the conversation. Your boys got what they could based on Ramsey's monetary cost. Might have been able to hold out hope for a little better but honestly, it's not the fleecing that some people are calling it and not the end of the world. Good luck to you guys (except vs. the Hawks, of course).

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Falcons just dished out a ton of money to keep their guard.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a good trade for ATL

I dont know about that.

He's still the #2 TE in Atl. Do you really need to pay your #2 TE $10M a season? That last team that thought that that was a good idea is the same team that is now giving that guy away.

What sort of production difference from that spot are you looking at if you spend 50-70% less money on a FA like Foster Moreau or OJ Howard or keep Mycole Pruit for instance?

Pissing away money on a player that doesnt move the needle if you ask me. An awful lot to pay for "vet leadership".

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,371.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know about that.

He's still the #2 TE in Atl. Do you really need to pay your #2 TE $10M a season? That last team that thought that that was a good idea is the same team that is now giving that guy away.

What sort of production difference from that spot are you looking at if you spend 50-70% less money on a FA like Foster Moreau or OJ Howard or keep Mycole Pruit for instance?

Pissing away money on a player that doesnt move the needle if you ask me. An awful lot to pay for "vet leadership".
They can go double TE sets with him and Pitts...like other teams do....

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SPN's Adam Schefter reports Austin Ekeler "is requesting permission" to seek a trade after contract extension talks with the Chargers fell through.​

Ekeler is more than just a good friend of the fantasy community, is it turns out he's also one of the top running backs in the league. Heading into the final year of a four-year contract that he signed in 2020, Ekeler carries a cap hit of $6.5 million next season but is hoping to secure a long-term extension. With the Chargers appearing unwilling to pay the soon-to-be 28-year-old running back, it's possible the two sides are heading for a split. A legitimate three-down threat, Ekeler rushed for 204-915-13 last season while adding another 107-722-5 on a career-high 127 targets. He should have a few productive years ahead of him, but is quickly approaching the age where running backs tend to decline.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jason Kelce is coming back for another year.