• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 Free agency and trade thread

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good to see the Ravens are disciplined enough to be able to walk away.
So many teams would have folded & screwed themselves.
I think this is more of a case of giving them options but yeah, they didn't cave in. Pretty smart move by them, imo. Bisciotti was really pissed when the Browns gave Watson all that guaranteed money and has been very vocal about not giving that to Lamar or anybody else. So they have drawn a line and given that Lamar hasn't been able to finish the last 2 seasons, they now can wait and see how this plays out for the next little while. Either Lamar gets an offer from another team and the Ravens can match it or get two 1st rd picks and let him walk or he gets no real offers and they pay him a reasonable 32 mil and we play the same game next year or Lamar gives in and signs a deal that makes the team happy. Now the only real question is whether a team out there is desperate enough to offer him a huge deal and give up those draft picks.

blue_suns

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How are the Ravens walking away? They're honestly just letting the market dictate his contract now
When he finds a team not willing to give him a fully guaranteed deal, he'll come running back to Balt

The only teams willing/able to pay that kind of money are gonna be in hard rebuild mode. Bad idea if you're in your prime as a QB

blue_suns

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That being said - I'm surprised the NFL allowed that Watson deal last year -totally screwed up the QB market for the forseeable future

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How are the Ravens walking away? They're honestly just letting the market dictate his contract now
When he finds a team not willing to give him a fully guaranteed deal, he'll come running back to Balt

The only teams willing/able to pay that kind of money are gonna be in hard rebuild mode. Bad idea if you're in your prime as a QB
They aren’t running away. They’re hedging instead of committing to Jackson as their QB going forward. Let’s see if that works out or if in this process they’ve burnt bridges. I can only imagine what happens when Jackson gets paid. The Ravens have made little investment on that side of the ball as it is with a QB on a rookie deal.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think most teams realize that Lamar is near the tail end of his prime as well. He’s still relatively young, but once his speed goes, he’s probably done. He’s never been able to be more than a game manager when passing the ball.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this thread should be updated to 2023.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Free Agent Frenzy starts cranking up tomorrow.

Midnight Tuesday is when the chains start to fall off. What is that called? Cap Diarrhea? Or more commonly called, "When the shit hits the fan,"

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good player, but past his prime. I don't see him as more than a good #3 these days.

Yeah he is tough contract to figure out because he is a legit #2 when healthy. He was banged up most of the year this last season and it really showed. But in the few games he was 100% (early in the season and then in the playoff game), he was pretty solid. But at his age, how many games can you project him being 100% for?!?

A shame they couldnt have figured it out. He really was a guy that should never have played for a different team. MN through and through. But Spielman's poor cap work made it come to this.