• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 Free agency and trade thread

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,596.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with Smith over Lock but Geno Smith even with that nice, very small span of games is a bottom tier NFL QB. Baker is more in the middle tier. An upgrade but not a huge upgrade imo but it's really more than that. Geno is 31, you never know with Baker-he could have a productive year and then they found their starting QB for at least a short contract. Geno is nothing but a decent bridge QB for a team trying to find their starter. I guess that isn't technically tanking but not exploring the option...is in itself tanking imo. They can make it look like it isn't bc of the young player in Lock but he has no future in the NFL, at least more than a towel boy.
In 2018 and 2020 Mayfield had good seasons.....based on that? He's due for a good season.

LOL.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,596.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with Smith over Lock but Geno Smith even with that nice, very small span of games is a bottom tier NFL QB. Baker is more in the middle tier. An upgrade but not a huge upgrade imo but it's really more than that. Geno is 31, you never know with Baker-he could have a productive year and then they found their starting QB for at least a short contract. Geno is nothing but a decent bridge QB for a team trying to find their starter. I guess that isn't technically tanking but not exploring the option...is in itself tanking imo. They can make it look like it isn't bc of the young player in Lock but he has no future in the NFL, at least more than a towel boy.
It could be argued Lock is younger and maybe he just needed a change of scenery? Possible. I think that'd be smarter since Geno is what he is, a backup.

See what Carroll can do with Lock.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Small sample size.

Over 17 games Geno isn't a good QB.
I'd say you're probably right but man...Pete Carroll seems like a guy who wouldnt intentionally tank.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know if tanking is the right word. If there are 4+ QBs coming out next year then 'just missing the playoffs' would put you in QB range. And if they make the playoffs, then its the same thing they do most years with Wilson.
I think if you are not planning to win much why not do all you can to get your choice at QB and not who falls to you?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a hard time Carroll would ever want to tank, that's why I won't rule Seattle out till the season starts.
I definitely think something to that....kind of old to tank.

Reactions: DJ

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if you are not planning to win much why not do all you can to get your choice at QB and not who falls to you?
Thats not really how people plan out contingencies in life, though. Is it?

Seahawks plan A is getting a franchise changing QB. Their plan B is to win without a franchise changing QB. Their plan C would be missing the playoffs and getting a franchise changing QB.

If Baker Mayfield isnt a franchise changing QB then he doesnt factor in. At all.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seahawks plan A is getting a franchise changing QB. Their plan B is to win without a franchise changing QB. Their plan C would be missing the playoffs and getting a franchise changing QB.

If Baker Mayfield isnt a franchise changing QB then he doesnt factor in. At all.
Doubt they planned to go 1-31, but I'm confident the Browns were doing all they could to get the #1 picks in 2017 and 2018. I mean, they started the rebuild with a 3-13 team and said it would get worse before it gets better.

Now I can agree might be no reason to get Baker as why do something that could help them win a few extra, meaningless games? This was the Browns' problem for year. Kept signing the Donte Whintners of the world to win 2-3 extra, meaningless games and missing out on the elite of elite players in the draft. Luckily, they brought in non football guys who had the stomach for a complete teardown.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,596.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mayfield could help them compete in the West though. And a possible WC since Carroll doesn't strike me as the tanking type.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL at Geno Smith being a worthy starter! :laugh3:

The guy sucks. Dont give a shit about his rating while a team tries to protect him & losing.
If he is the starter I assure you they are tanking!

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,596.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Clayton

Going over our roster and just noticed we signed Demarcus Robinson....he good?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The guy sucks. Dont give a shit about his rating while a team tries to protect him & losing.
Lock will be the starter and not because they are tanking, they done what they can to improve. There just isn't any QBs available that aren't flat out shitty QBs, so ride with Lock and address the QB position next year.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 15,596.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, their choices are Geno or Lock. Eason and Lewis are projects if not career 3rd stringers.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, their choices are Geno or Lock. Eason and Lewis are projects if not career 3rd stringers.
Lock will win that no problem

Well atleast until the Browns unload Baker to the Seahawks
*glances over at Harold*
Image result for evil grin gif

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last years rookies? LOL.

We are talking about who is better right now.
I'd say this rook is right now after a single rebuild season.

1652146065949.png1652146065949.png

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mayfield could help them compete in the West though. And a possible WC since Carroll doesn't strike me as the tanking type.
Seattle will more remind us of their ground Chuck years this season. Doesn't really matter who the QB is. Mayfield not really an upgrade especially with his drama. Carrol not going to intentionally tank but if he loses with the ground and pound I think he's ok with that. Set up to draft their potential QB of the future.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Compare those to Baker's 2020 numbers since Mayfield was hurt last season.
I'm confused was Baker a rookie in 2020 on a rebuilding team?

If you want to cherry pick the orchid is that way--->