• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 Free agency and trade thread

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think not. If I was the Seahawks brass, I would at least want that 1st back we gave up for Adams plus maybe a 3rd next year. But honestly, I think the Jets would be foolish to part with all that draft capital when they aren't really close to contending.They have a lot of needs to address, imo.

The Jets offense is a lot closer to contending than you give them credit for. If they traded for DK, that really completes the offense at almost every position. They are one big playmaking WR away from having one hell of an offense. Elijah Moore over the last month and a half of the season was quietly the best rookie WR during that stretch. And that offensive line with Beckton back and adding Tomlinson is one of the better OL's in the league moving forward.

....of course all that is dependent on Wilson developing. If he is even an average QB, they have the makings of a top 10 offense with the addition of Hill or DK. That is why the Jet's were willing to give up so much to get him.

Their defense is another story.....

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jets offense is a lot closer to contending than you give them credit for. If they traded for DK, that really completes the offense at almost every position. They are one big playmaking WR away from having one hell of an offense. Elijah Moore over the last month and a half of the season was quietly the best rookie WR during that stretch. And that offensive line with Beckton back and adding Tomlinson is one of the better OL's in the league moving forward.

....of course all that is dependent on Wilson developing. If he is even an average QB, they have the makings of a top 10 offense with the addition of Hill or DK. That is why the Jet's were willing to give up so much to get him.

I agree that the offense can be pretty good but I don't see how they can even have a chance at a WC spot for at least a couple years. One big play WR isn't getting them into a top 10 spot in the conference, imo. Or really, out of 4th place in the east, for that matter.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree that the offense can be pretty good but I don't see how they can even have a chance at a WC spot for at least a couple years. One big play WR isn't getting them into a top 10 spot in the conference, imo. Or really, out of 4th place in the east, for that matter.

Not saying the Jets are gonna make a major leap like the Bengals did ( impossible to forsee ), but they're gonna catch alot of people off guard this upcoming season. Fringe WC is plausible. Thats my 2 cents.

And @Dr. Strangelove , they're in position to add a few good WR's.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Young whipper snapper.

mad gran torino GIF
That is what i call the 19-22 year olds............

Youngins

I'll be 38 in August

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I created a separate thread, but bottom line: Howie Roseman is great at amassing picks, not so great at turning them into players. We shall see who he drafts, but on paper it seems like a healthy return for the Eagles to me.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I created a separate thread, but bottom line: Howie Roseman is great at amassing picks, not so great at turning them into players. We shall see who he drafts, but on paper it seems like a healthy return for the Eagles to me.

Yeah, Howie has done a real good job at acquiring draft capital. If he can even hit on 50% of those, tge Eagles are set up pretty good. Depends a little on Hurts development as a passer as well but can't argue with the strategy. Fwiw, it looks like it's their turn to win the division too. The Boys won last year so they likely finish with 8 or 9 wins. That seems to be the pattern for the NFCE.
Disclaimer: Before all the Cowboy fans get pissy, it's a tongue in cheek joke. Although it is a real trend. :suds:

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's always tried to max out his money, likely keeping him available.

He's not washed by no means, but he's not good enough anymore to command the salary.

The Eagles are interested now too. Just playing the waiting game.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not washed by no means, but he's not good enough anymore to command the salary.

The Eagles are interested now too. Just playing the waiting game.

The Bills have been rumored as well, but he may not be well received by the fans given the way he left.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams reportedly interested in Mathieu as a nickel defender. Saints potentially in the mix as well, as he mentioned them in a tweet (although not directly about signing anything).

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rams reportedly interested in Mathieu as a nickel defender. Saints potentially in the mix as well, as he mentioned them in a tweet (although not directly about signing anything).
I think he is looking for a winning team. He has mentioned he would like to play for his home area team Saints but they really dont need him. Translation to me. They arent ready to compete.