• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 Free agency and trade thread

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams needing QB's drying up.

But, Rhule is on the hot seat and needs to start winning so he may be interested in Jimmy G or Mayfield.
Heard a funny line about that yesterday. Carolina goes and gets Mayfield, then signs Josh Rosen and they have all 3 2018 1st rd busts.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions would make a lot of sense. Baker on the Steelers would be the most interesting, though

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I had to look up who put that "report" out there and to no surprise of mine, it was Florio. A notorious liar and shit thrower. Anything that he puts out there that nobody else does is done only for clicks and is based on speculation or disinformation.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had to look up who put that "report" out there and to no surprise of mine, it was Florio. A notorious liar and shit thrower. Anything that he puts out there that nobody else does is done only for clicks and is based on speculation or disinformation.
I agree. Not surprised if it's Florio. Nobody with half a brain is giving San Fran two 2nd rounders now. Definitely not with JimmyG's contract.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Not surprised if it's Florio. Nobody with half a brain is giving San Fran two 2nd rounders now. Definitely not with JimmyG's contract.
Exactly, a team needing a qb, would probably take Baker because potential while you know what you're getting with Jimmy G

This game of qb musical chairs is coming close to the end

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly, a team needing a qb, would probably take Baker because potential while you know what you're getting with Jimmy G

If Lynch had an offer of two 2nds and did not take it, he fucked up. That market is drying up fast.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Lynch had an offer of two 2nds and did not take it, he fucked up. That market is drying up fast.
He is just trying to get attention for his guy, if Matt Ryan can only get a 3rd, Lynch isn’t getting 2 seconds.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep, I would take a flier on Baker over Garropolo. However, if I'm a GM, I'm making Cleveland eat half of Mayfield's salary and only offering a 4th or conditional 3rd at most.
Garropolo? I honestly wouldn't bother now. There is nobody out there competing to get him. Only Seattle and Carolina need a QB. Carolina is already paying Darnold 18 mil and has no 2nd or 3rd, iirc. Seattle would likely go Mayfield to compete with Lock for one year because Mayfield fits the Pete image better and has more upside. But I don't want Pete chasing fools gold either. They need to draft a QB in 2023 and build the rest of the team in preparation for that. Don't give up much for Mayfield.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah no one makes up more click bait then Florio, anything he writes should be put under fiction.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus he has the injury concerns, if he is healthy or not. No way anyone is giving up 2 2nd's especially at this point. I mean we can just go through the teams, we can eliminate all AFC teams. I'm not sure why a bottom feeder team like the Giants, Lions, Panthers or Seahawks would give up that compensation for JimmyG, makes no sense. Those are really the only somewhat realistic teams.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imo, Baker is worth about a 4th round pick. The upside is there but he has blown through his rookie contract so it's hard to care about upside. His value is based on him being injured last year.

Jimmy G isn't worth anything.

I was comping Baker Mayfield to Jimmy G when Baker was coming out of college. Now people are comping Matt Corral to Baker. Teams might prefer to take their shot at the draft.