• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 Free agency and trade thread

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope the Bengals still draft a TE on Day 2. Hayden Hurst is a nice temporary fix but...

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
La'el Collins should be a Bengal, Bronco, or Dolphin pretty soon. Maybe the Chargers are in the mix too.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What a great deal, imagine paying Captain Kirk all that money

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll give you a 5th round pick and Lock for him. Take it or leave it. LOL
s reactions share GIF

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NFL reporter Josina Anderson reports the Seahawks "have discussed exploring" a trade for Baker Mayfield.​

Mayfield, following a cryptic goodbye message to Browns fans this week, on Thursday requested a trade amid reports the team wanted to acquire Deshaun Watson from Houston. The Browns quickly denied the request. The QB-needy Colts and Seahawks are potential landing spots for the unhappy Mayfield, who's signed with Cleveland through 2022. The Seahawks can't possibly go into the 2022 season with Drew Lock under center, and Mayfield could be a viable caretaker of the ultra run-heavy Seattle offense.

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports Baker Mayfield refused an offer from Browns brass to meeting following the team's failed pursuit of Deshaun Watson and has requested a trade.​

“It’s in the mutual interest of both sides for us to move on," Mayfield told ESPN. "The relationship is too far fine to mend. It’s in the best interests of both sides to move on.” On the one hand, it is petulant behavior from Mayfield. On the other, coach Kevin Stefanski has made it abundantly clear he does not view Mayfield as his quarterback of the future and wants to move on. It is best for both sides, even if it is happening in unnecessarily dramatic fashion. The Seahawks and Colts are the two obvious landing spots for Mayfield, with the fifth-year pro a perfect fit for the mentality — rightly or wrongly — Pete Carroll wants to reinstall following Russell Wilson's departure. Mayfield himself is reportedly interested in both teams. We firmly believe the Browns will "give in," and Mayfield will not be back. However, the Cleveland Plain Dealer reports that, at least for now, the Browns have no plans to accommodate Mayfield's request.

molsaniceman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Eagles released DT Fletcher Cox.​

It could be a bit of cap sorcery, as Cox was set to have $18 million become guaranteed at 4PM ET. NFL Network's Mike Garafolo reports "the team and his representatives continue to have discussions about a possible return." For now, it is a post-June 1 release that will free up a little over $2 million at that date. With the Eagles his entire 10-year career, Cox remained a load in the middle of the defensive line last season, though he has definitely seemed "post peak" the past two years. Be that as it may, Cox will have no shortage of teams lining up to offer hefty 2022 salaries, and perhaps some guaranteed money for 2023

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fletcher Cox cut by the Eagles.

I am surprised they were not able to trade him to anyone, but not surprised he is being released, as his play has really declined in recent years and he didn't like being asked to play more of a run-stopping role.

They are reporting that the team is still talking about bringing him back, but I doubt it happens to be honest.