• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 Free agency and trade thread

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,521.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think a 2nd rounder is necessarily overpaying, provided they re-sign him. Pass rushers don't come cheap.
Nah.

A 1st might have been a slight overpay but a 2nd for him seems fair.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get it, I know they need pass rush, they had pick 2,3, and 35. They need to focus on rebuilding. Adding a late 20s guy for the right to pay him a ton of money now feels outside of the timeline for the team. Especially when they just agreed to let their 24 year old stud CB seek a trade.
And their mlb last year

And mack the year before

Just awful

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think a 2nd rounder is necessarily overpaying, provided they re-sign him. Pass rushers don't come cheap.
Not really an overpay, but that is a gamble he will re-sign with them.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
29 and having his worst year of his career. Paid $10M and gave up a 2nd for a rental. Probably why a lot of teams weren't in on him
The Giants are paying nearly all of his salary. The 2nd rounder is compensation for that but is largely irrelevant from Seattle's perspective. We have a potential window to steal away the division and the entire league is full of teams that are beatable. Why not get a stud Dlineman and go for it right now. The Hawks were looking like maybe a year away but this season is playing out differently so this is a move to say we are in it. I'd rather they do this and go for it than just sit on their hands and hope.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This time they at least added production with it.
Amazon Prime Video GIF by NFL On Prime

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One other thought on Williams that some may disagree with but I don't care. Everybody is talking about him having his worst season and at 29, saying he may be washed. As for the second part of that, total nonsense. He's got a good 3-4 years left in the tank. As for the first point, do any of you people ever consider where a guy is playing? The Giants are losers who have no idea how to build a roster. They have a bottom 5 QB being paid like a top 10 QB. They have virtually zero weapons outside of an injury riddled RB. Signed a high paid TE, big whoop. And Williams was playing on a Dline that has 2 other guys who get all the glory anyway. Just last week, he had 9 pressures, albeit vs. the Jets woeful O-line and one of those allowed Dexter Lawrence to get the sack because Williams drew the double team.
He is now going to a team that has rebuilt with a ton of talent through the draft and with a winning culture. He has a proven great HC who knows how to get the most out of players and a group of young guys that are hungry to win. He will be rejuvenated and ball out, imo and I think he could be a piece that makes this defense really good.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Giants are paying nearly all of his salary. The 2nd rounder is compensation for that but is largely irrelevant from Seattle's perspective. We have a potential window to steal away the division and the entire league is full of teams that are beatable. Why not get a stud Dlineman and go for it right now. The Hawks were looking like maybe a year away but this season is playing out differently so this is a move to say we are in it. I'd rather they do this and go for it than just sit on their hands and hope.
I never said it wasn't good for Seattle but it's why there probably wasn't much competition

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One other thought on Williams that some may disagree with but I don't care. Everybody is talking about him having his worst season and at 29, saying he may be washed. As for the second part of that, total nonsense. He's got a good 3-4 years left in the tank. As for the first point, do any of you people ever consider where a guy is playing? The Giants are losers who have no idea how to build a roster. They have a bottom 5 QB being paid like a top 10 QB. They have virtually zero weapons outside of an injury riddled RB. Signed a high paid TE, big whoop. And Williams was playing on a Dline that has 2 other guys who get all the glory anyway. Just last week, he had 9 pressures, albeit vs. the Jets woeful O-line and one of those allowed Dexter Lawrence to get the sack because Williams drew the double team.
He is now going to a team that has rebuilt with a ton of talent through the draft and with a winning culture. He has a proven great HC who knows how to get the most out of players and a group of young guys that are hungry to win. He will be rejuvenated and ball out, imo and I think he could be a piece that makes this defense really good.
Yeah if they re-sign him. They are going for the division and more this year so they are in win-now. Maybe they can get him on a nice 2 year deal.. He definitely is a nice get

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,521.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They traded for Waller....he wasn't a FA.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this comes down to the quality of next year's draft. I'm eyeballing it now and only seeing 4 1st round edge prospects with 3 kinda in the mix. Odds of getting a Sweat type of player at pick 35 or so is probably slim although I do think you could get a defensive starter on a rookie contract at that spot.

Not the best move but if you're desperate then its the type of move you make.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like that move for Minny. Dobbs was able to come in and get meaningful play for Zona this season and although it's not as good as Cousins, he could still get them to the play-offs. Dobbs actually has played better than most people thought he would. The Cards weren't going to be good but they competed. Solid move for a cheap backup/ placeholder.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this comes down to the quality of next year's draft. I'm eyeballing it now and only seeing 4 1st round edge prospects with 3 kinda in the mix. Odds of getting a Sweat type of player at pick 35 or so is probably slim although I do think you could get a defensive starter on a rookie contract at that spot.

Not the best move but if you're desperate then its the type of move you make.

And it frees up those 2 early 1st rounders for help at other positions. If they decide to restart the clock at QB, they can still trade Fields for more early draft capital.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Didn't the Cards just say yesterday that Dobbs was starting week 9? Maybe they weren't talking about "for Arizona", lol....

So do the Cards finally activate Kyler or continue to slow foot this process by starting Tune?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it frees up those 2 early 1st rounders for help at other positions. If they decide to restart the clock at QB, they can still trade Fields for more early draft capital.
If they have decide to move on from Fields they have Harrison Jr and a QB sitting in their lap.
Re-sign Sweat (they better after giving up a 2nd).
Improve the defense and OL