• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 Free agency and trade thread

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as the off season turns to June, I'm starting to think Buffalo may slid some this year.
Reason being?

One notable loss at LB, but additions/upgrades at DE, RB, DT, S, OG, not including the draft (TE upgrade, another OG upgrade, and more LB depth).

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Such a mistake.

The type of cash and cap savings they are seeing from releasing him isn't worth the major drop in production in both rushing and passing game that we will see with him not there.

It's my biggest beef with the RB's don't matter GM's. They just dont realize how much harder it is to pass the football when the defense literally doesnt worry about stopping the run.

Only way this makes any sense is if they make him a post June 1st cut and use the cap space to bring in someone else of value elsewhere (signing a FA DL or CB or something to that effect) and they get one of the young guys to really step up.

For all the fantasy players out there, make grabbing Ty Chandler later in the draft a possibility. No way 3.8 ypc Mattison holds down the starting job for very long.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dalvin Cook was due $10.4M plus $600K in appearances and work-out bonuses. $2M of that $11M was guaranteed. The RB franchise tag is $10.091M. Tough to justify retaining Cook at that price given his 2022 stats.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think RBs drafted in the 1st two rounds should get bigger rookie contracts.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is an interesting proposal. They have by far the shortest shelf life of any position and getting them taken care of on the front end seems fair.

Then again, that could just cause some teams to schlub the position even further and ignore drafting them until the 3rd.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't get behind RB specific contracts. I'd happily support shorter rookie contracts with 4th year options for all rookie contracts that were less expensive than 5th year options but more expensive than current 4th year terms. I'd also support increasing 3rd year pay.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? It’s not going to change the way RBs are valued around the league. There are too many options a team can run into the ground and then discard.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,057.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? It’s not going to change the way RBs are valued around the league. There are too many options a team can run into the ground and then discard.
you ask why. Then answer it with the next sentence. LOL

RB shelf life at making decent money is so much shorter than the rest of positions.
Great ones will get one good deal. hardly any get past that.
Some of the good ones might angle their way into a good next contract.
Meaning most RBs arent ever gonna get shit. So let them have more up front money when the contract arent expensive. Not gonna hurt the team. Rookie contracts are already cheap. Just make their equations on how they come up with rookie contracts be a little more.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you ask why. Then answer it with the next sentence. LOL

RB shelf life at making decent money is so much shorter than the rest of positions.
Great ones will get one good deal. hardly any get past that.
Some of the good ones might angle their way into a good next contract.
Meaning most RBs arent ever gonna get shit. So let them have more up front money when the contract arent expensive. Not gonna hurt the team. Rookie contracts are already cheap. Just make their equations on how they come up with rookie contracts be a little more.
I’m not a big fan of rigging markets. Markets should be organic.