• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 Free agency and trade thread

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So these upcoming Rams v Cardinals games are going to be the Caleb Williams bowl, I'm guessing.

The Cards still have at least 3 years of Kyler left I believe. Rams have at least 2 more of Stafford (unless he retires).

Not sure the Rams will bottom out, a lot depends on this draft plugging the bigger holes.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3-year 45.5 million dollar contract was just stupid.

1-year 5 million, I'm good for a #3 or less WR.

It really was a bad decision. They got greedy with Odell hurt and jumped for a player that doesn't seem to be that guy anymore.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,955.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cards still have at least 3 years of Kyler left I believe. Rams have at least 2 more of Stafford (unless he retires).

Not sure the Rams will bottom out, a lot depends on this draft plugging the bigger holes.
It is kinda hard to imagine the Rams having Stafford, Kupp, and Donald healthy and not winning at least 8 games. Certainly if they suffer some injuries again they are in a position to bottom out.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Robinson was worth $6.5-7M so I think the Steelers are getting a bit of a discount. Obviously the Rams were content to not to have him on the roster for the remaining $5M, which is a bit of a surprise. Obviously the negligible pick is the correct return. I thought it would be initially announced as a straight trade for the remaining $10M salary with news of the Rams paying some more to be 'leaked' just before the Draft.

As expected fans on the 2 main Rams sites are losing their minds about the Rams paying another $5M and getting nothing. lol. (as if Robinson was worth $10M in today's market. :tsk:). I couldn't justify the signing last year, but i'm surprised at just how bad it turned out. Moving on.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As expected fans on the 2 main Rams sites are losing their minds about the Rams paying another $5M and getting nothing. lol. (as if Robinson was worth $10M in today's market. :tsk:). I couldn't justify the signing last year, but i'm surprised at just how bad it turned out. Moving on.
All you can do is laugh at them, all these people buying into the nonsense they put out. Injuries didn't help with his production, it was a crazy fucked up year.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Robinson was worth $6.5-7M so I think the Steelers are getting a bit of a discount. Obviously the Rams were content to not to have him on the roster for the remaining $5M, which is a bit of a surprise. Obviously the negligible pick is the correct return. I thought it would be initially announced as a straight trade for the remaining $10M salary with news of the Rams paying some more to be 'leaked' just before the Draft.

He's been really bad for 2 years now and will be 30 next season.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No guaranteed money.

In 24 he has a 10MM salary and a 5.75MM roster bonus. If he's cut before next season he's paid nothing.

Thanks, wasn't sure how finalized the updates were in Spotrac and it looked odd.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Age is becoming less relevant, all the technology, routines and work keeps players playing longer.

Longer, but expecting improved performance over the past few seasons becomes more unlikely.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fans on both sides are diluted. Steeler fans are claiming "another fleece job" while Rams fans are lamenting not getting a better return (and the original decision to sign him in the first place). That last point is valid, but nothing to do at this point but move on. Deal works for both sides.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Age is becoming less relevant, all the technology, routines and work keeps players playing longer.
He was never a speed guy. He always got by with savvy and size. A lot of guys lose speed and make up for it by getting smarter. He was already there so nowhere else to go but down as the speed leaves.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was never a speed guy. He always got by with savvy and size. A lot of guys lose speed and make up for it by getting smarter. He was already there so nowhere else to go but down as the speed leaves.

Some of his ineffectiveness last season was due to the health and talent issues along the offensive line. He wasn't getting early enough separation to get targeted often (and Stafford frequently looked to Kupp and Higbie anyway). It will be interesting to see how he does in Pittsburgh, although I'm unsure of his role. Is he the starting slot with Pickens and Diontae outside? Where does Austin factor in?

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe wonder coach will blow us away and the Rams will average 200 plus rushing yards per game this season. NFL defenses will employ the Jr high basketball box & one defensive for Kupp.