• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 Free agency and trade thread

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They traded Okudah for a 5th rounder.

As a fan of a team that hasnt had a good CB on the roster for what seems like almost a full decade now, I sure with my Vikes would have trumped that offer.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a fan of a team that hasnt had a good CB on the roster for what seems like almost a full decade now, I sure with my Vikes would have trumped that offer.
I've seen similar comments from a few fan bases. A tolled year means there are 2 fully guaranteed years left on his contract at $8.8M+ total, (plus a potential 5th year option), but he's had 2 injury plagued seasons and his 3rd season was a big disappointment. It looks like the Falcons are buying an expensive pipe dream. I guess they can afford to take some gambles given the low cost of their QB & WR groups. For the Lions it's a salary dump. For that reason they might have preferred that he went to the Vikings.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen similar comments from a few fan bases. A tolled year means there are 2 fully guaranteed years left on his contract at $8.8M+ total, (plus a potential 5th year option), but he's had 2 injury plagued seasons and his 3rd season was a big disappointment. It looks like the Falcons are buying an expensive pipe dream. I guess they can afford to take some gambles given the low cost of their QB & WR groups. For the Lions it's a salary dump. For that reason they might have preferred that he went to the Vikings.
Has me thinking they are either Witherspoon or Gonzalez in the draft in a few weeks.