• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 Draft - Bears Edition

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saying a team has too many draft pick remains the dumbest thing ever typed on the internet.

No kidding. There are 25 actual starting positions on every NFL team not counting the specialty packages, which are used more often than base packages in today's NFL. If you're 1/2 a game out of the first pick in the draft you need competition at probably 20 of those positions at least. So yes, that's probably one of the dumbest things ever...I agree.

Maybe my thinking is wrong, but doesn't it make sense to try to upgrade every position every chance you get? I get it, every team has a couple players that are pretty much set, but at the end of the day you'd like a better player than you have for more than 1/2 your team. Outside of spending in FA for them, where else are you going to get them besides the draft? My conclusion is you want as many picks as you can get and the earlier in the draft the better. Try to get the splash guy in round 1, competitive depth in 2 thru 5 with as many of them as you can and somebody that might contribute in 6 and 7.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, I hope Eddie Jackson gets his wish and gets moved to the nickel spot and Stevenson and Brisker develop into the best safety tandem in the league. What a ball hawk this guy is. Only problem is Jackson has to tackle as a nickel guy.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of the sudden draft picks are important to everyone. If i had it my way, we'd have the #1 pick last year.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So......was Darnell Wright the top OT on the Bears board all along?

Obviously, we'll never really know. What if PJJ was still there at 9? But it wouldn't surprise me if Darnell was tops on their list for some time. He's unquestionably the top RT in the draft and if the staff feels Braxton Jones deserves another crack at LT, then selecting Wright was a no brainer. I think what cinched it for him getting the call was the incredible private workout. My guess is at the end of that day, Wright became the Bears choice.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They got players they wanted that will be part of their immediate future.

Doubt they have any regrets outside of sucking horribly lately.
You can’t be this stupid. Oh wait this is grey pubes.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can’t be this stupid. Oh wait this is grey pubes.

I welcome you to explain why I’m wrong. But that would require talking about football and everyone knows that’s your weakness. So like a guy with a small penis buying a big truck…you compensate with insults.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I welcome you to explain why I’m wrong. But that would require talking about football and everyone knows that’s your weakness. So like a guy with a small penis buying a big truck…you compensate with insults.
Why you are dead wrong is obvious. The ends do not justify the means. Look it up.

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why you are dead wrong is obvious. The ends do not justify the means. Look it up.

The ends very much do justify the means in sports. Just as the means don’t matter at all if you don’t win.

If you win it doesn’t matter how you got there. If you lose the process is meaningless.

Simple. Like you.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ends very much do justify the means in sports. Just as the means don’t matter at all if you don’t win.

If you win it doesn’t matter how you got there. If you lose the process is meaningless.

Simple. Like you.

Let me make this so simple even you could understand. Lets say we traded Justin Fields to whomever for a 7th round pick. After the trade Fields gets injured and can never play football again. You're saying that was a great trade?

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me make this so simple even you could understand. Lets say we traded Justin Fields to whomever for a 7th round pick. After the trade Fields gets injured and can never play football again. You're saying that was a great trade?

As usual you come up with a scenario so completely off topic it’s laughable.

I’m saying if we go on to win games and win a title….yes it’s a good trade.

If Fields wins a SB for the team he was traded to and we win nothing…it’s a bad trade.

Football is about wins and losses. Wins are good…losses are bad. I feel like you might be the only person that doesn’t get that.

BsGenius

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As usual you come up with a scenario so completely off topic it’s laughable.

I’m saying if we go on to win games and win a title….yes it’s a good trade.

If Fields wins a SB for the team he was traded to and we win nothing…it’s a bad trade.

Football is about wins and losses. Wins are good…losses are bad. I feel like you might be the only person that doesn’t get that.

The scenario is completely on topic. We are talking about whether the ends justify the means. The Texans when they decided not to tank unless they had a crystal ball had no idea at that moment how they would do in the draft. Just like you have no idea how they would have done in the draft with the #1 pick overall.

Under your stupid reasoning, the scenario I outlined would be a great trade for the Bears. We got a 7th for nothing! NOPE. Doesn't work that way because Poles could not have known Fields would get injured. All trades and decision making are judged at the time it's made because nobody has a crystal ball. This is exactly why the Claypool trade was a terrible one.

You're so stupid. You're too old and senile to get any of this. Talking football with a meatball is a waste of my precious time.