• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 Cuts and last minute trades

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today the final cut day. Teams have until 4:00 PM EST to trim their teams to 53 players.

Most teams will wait until 3:58 PM to submit their final rosters and will be watching the cuts to see which veterans or special team needs that they have might become available.

Will Bill cut players and chance that they won't get snapped up or will he try an end run, expose some upcoming players so he can protect more valued players?

Imagine yourself as a player at any position. The coach asks yo not to sign elsewhere because he'll resig you to the Parctice Squad and then you'll most likely make the 53 man roster or another team snaps you up and you're going to get the NFL Min. salary AND you'll be on their 53 man roster for at least 4 weeks. What would you honestly do?

If I've made it this far, "Sorry Bill, but I have to think of me. If someone offers me the chance to play every week and solidify my career, I can't be practice fodder for the Patriots. Thanks anyway."

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN is talking about multiple teams being involved in trade talks but nothing is set enough to formerly report.

They are saying that the Patriots are actively involved in talks with several teams about acquiring a TE. They are saying that Mike Gesicki may not be ready until week 3 or 4.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too, Brady to start against Eagles
Excited Lets Go GIF by NFL

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today the final cut day. Teams have until 4:00 PM EST to trim their teams to 53 players.

Most teams will wait until 3:58 PM to submit their final rosters and will be watching the cuts to see which veterans or special team needs that they have might become available.

Will Bill cut players and chance that they won't get snapped up or will he try an end run, expose some upcoming players so he can protect more valued players?

Imagine yourself as a player at any position. The coach asks yo not to sign elsewhere because he'll resig you to the Parctice Squad and then you'll most likely make the 53 man roster or another team snaps you up and you're going to get the NFL Min. salary AND you'll be on their 53 man roster for at least 4 weeks. What would you honestly do?

If I've made it this far, "Sorry Bill, but I have to think of me. If someone offers me the chance to play every week and solidify my career, I can't be practice fodder for the Patriots. Thanks anyway."
Many players choose to stick around.
best opportunity
more likely opening on 53
added money to sweeten the pot
recognition that they need to learn more

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN is talking about multiple teams being involved in trade talks but nothing is set enough to formerly report.

They are saying that the Patriots are actively involved in talks with several teams about acquiring a TE. They are saying that Mike Gesicki may not be ready until week 3 or 4.
Gesicki has taken off the red, no-contact jersey.
Maybe he should mail it to ESPN?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Report: Nick Folk Traded to Titans from Patriots for 2025 7th-Round NFL Draft Pick​

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who and who?
Chasen Hines, the OG/OT taken last year in the 6th round. Wasn't very good, wasn't that bad. Filled in and held his own.

Anthony Fisker TE. I think he caught one pass in the preseason. Not special.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chasen Hines, the OG/OT taken last year in the 6th round. Wasn't very good, wasn't that bad. Filled in and held his own.

Anthony Fisker TE. I think he caught one pass in the preseason. Not special.
Hines was a long-shot to make the team - even longer when we saw him play.
Firkser showed some blocking ability but not enough for NFL