• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023 Cuts and last minute trades

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots traded RB Pierre Strong to the Browns for OT Tyrone Wheatley.
Strong was buried on the Patriots’ depth chart as a rookie, playing 50 snaps, and wasn’t going to see the field after New England added Ezekiel Elliott. He’ll have a chance at a role in Cleveland, where he projects as the RB2 behind Nick Chubb. Wheatley, 26, is a former college tight end that’s spent the last two years on the practice squad.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By
FOXBOROUGH — With Tuesday’s cutdown day looming, there were more than a dozen absences at Patriots practice on Sunday afternoon.

In addition to DT Carl Davis and CB Quandre Mosley — who were released on Saturday — and recently-traded RB Pierre Strong, New England was missing CB Isaiah Bolden, WR Tyquan Thornton, TE Scotty Washington, CB Christian Gonzalez, S Cody Davis (PUP), S Brad Hawkins, RB C.J. Marable, CB Rodney Randle, LB Diego Fagot, DE Ronnie Perkins, DE Trey Flowers (PUP), OL Micah Vanterpool, OL Riley Reiff, OL Conor McDermott, OL Calvin Anderson (NFI), TE Johnny Lumpkin and DT Justus Tavai.

Some of those players like Gonzalez and Thornton are obviously dealing with injuries, while others may be cutdown day casualties. Bill Belichick needs to whittle his roster from 90 players to 53 by 4 p.m. on Tuesday.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OT's cut so far:
Yodny Cajuste
Hunter Thedford
Dylan Deatherage
Greg Little
Greg Little ??????
Jordan Murray
Jamarco Jones
Yasir Durant
Justin Murray
Nicholas Melsop
Devery Hamilton
Chim Okorafor
Trevor Reid
Dennis Kelly
Jacky Chen
BJ Wilson
Grant Hermanns

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Vederian Lowe​

• Big, strong and durable.
  • Praised for character, maturity and leadership.
  • Bendy with adequate lateral quickness.
  • Makes athletic adjustments on the move.
  • Runs feet to stick and wash down opponents as zone blocker.
  • Rips pass punch into opponent with snap.
  • Maintains separation with length and hand resets.
  • Above-average recovery athleticism.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Vederian Lowe​

• Big, strong and durable.
  • Praised for character, maturity and leadership.
  • Bendy with adequate lateral quickness.
  • Makes athletic adjustments on the move.
  • Runs feet to stick and wash down opponents as zone blocker.
  • Rips pass punch into opponent with snap.
  • Maintains separation with length and hand resets.
  • Above-average recovery athleticism.
I don't know why, when I read this all I could think was Valhalaa Awaits You

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Patriots cutdown tracker​

New England’s punter battle is over. Corliss Waitman, who competed against sixth-round draft pick Bryce Baringer all summer, has been let go by the team. He appears to be a candidate for the practice squad, however. | Patriots roster count: 78 (25 to 53)

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today the final cut day. Teams have until 4:00 PM EST to trim their teams to 53 players.

Most teams will wait until 3:58 PM to submit their final rosters and will be watching the cuts to see which veterans or special team needs that they have might become available.

Will Bill cut players and chance that they won't get snapped up or will he try an end run, expose some upcoming players so he can protect more valued players?

Imagine yourself as a player at any position. The coach asks yo not to sign elsewhere because he'll resig you to the Parctice Squad and then you'll most likely make the 53 man roster or another team snaps you up and you're going to get the NFL Min. salary AND you'll be on their 53 man roster for at least 4 weeks. What would you honestly do?

If I've made it this far, "Sorry Bill, but I have to think of me. If someone offers me the chance to play every week and solidify my career, I can't be practice fodder for the Patriots. Thanks anyway."