• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023-24 Ongoing Thread

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Side post, it's not uncommon to expect saves from your primary goalie. Easy stops, difficult stops, game changers.... its not out of line to have backup n support from your goalie in any situations

Just enough of vitek. You can't win when he doesn't keep you in games consistently

I think you're right, Akira needs to get a few games here. If nothing else just to get Vanecek out of this funk.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gave the Devils more chances to be in the game and not out of it despite the OT finish.

Roll with Akira, its' not even close.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and remember to all the Devils fans around the globe, we're only 20 or so games into the season.... 60 games to make ground into the playoff berths....

we gotta put on quite a few winning streaks and we're solid. Lets go!

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in non goalie ranting...

I'm so so sooo happy with the progression and potential in Holtz!!!!

The wrist shot is as advertised the day we drafted him, i remember rooting for that selection for what he brings(at that time) to our team potentially.

Can't wait to see him keep growing and playing at a high level of a goal scorer... it'll come... it will come!

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in non goalie ranting...

I'm so so sooo happy with the progression and potential in Holtz!!!!

The wrist shot is as advertised the day we drafted him, i remember rooting for that selection for what he brings(at that time) to our team potentially.

Can't wait to see him keep growing and playing at a high level of a goal scorer... it'll come... it will come!
I'm really happy with the kid. He's also playing more physical. Not that he's going to maul anyone but he's finishing checks and challenging for the puck

DevilishWon

Don't ever play Lady of Spain again
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Normally I don't stay up the west coast games but I'm working from home today so I did.

Dano sounded like he was almost in tears when we blew the lead, but he literally shouted hallelujah when Bratt scored the GWG,

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Normally I don't stay up the west coast games but I'm working from home today so I did.

Dano sounded like he was almost in tears when we blew the lead, but he literally shouted hallelujah when Bratt scored the GWG,
There have been some games where Dano is so invested, and i'm good with that.... especially, the unfortunate blown leads at the dwindling minutes of the game. He speaks for all of us withouth the swearing.. lol

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two things, Vanecek is a rebound machine. Number 2, our defensive positioning is abysmal, like the defensive coach should be fired immediately. Every goal against there is a guy floating in no man's land. Not playing the puck, picking up a man, blocking the passing lane. They're just gliding in open ice watching the play unfold.

Vortimous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems to me, they are finally figuring out things... defense is starting to play better... look at todays game against Calgary. We came out and really got outplayed and even gave up a short handed goal... but look what happened... they didnt panic, they stuck with it... and they got the win.. not only by playing hard.. but this is two games in a row that the defense (all around, forwards included) made this win happen... we once again starved off a third quartre push by the other team and it worked out and we won.. now if we can win games like that... playoffs, here we come..... Plus I believe when Timo gets better and recovers fully from his injure (starts hitting and trying again) we will be in a much better place... Nico seems to have a chip on his shoulder making up for the time he missed and the team falling apart... they are coming back together and this is starting to be fun devils hockey again... Hell, they even played good infront of V today.. that has to be something....

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All depends on price but definitely an upgrade

Not that different vs Akira in save % but a goal against better...

Vitek doesn't deserve my time for comparisons

Idk... wouldn't we want a stronger netminder?

then of course, that be more pricey.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that different vs Akira in save % but a goal against better...

Vitek doesn't deserve my time for comparisons

Idk... wouldn't we want a stronger netminder?

then of course, that be more pricey.

Have to keep in mind his team is terrible.