• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023-24 Flyers: What's new is old again.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting our asses handed to us by Montreal. We look like a bunch of whipped little girls.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before anybody starts trashing Torts for this collapse or his hard edge approach, I'd just like to say if it weren't for him constantly pushing these young kids they would have never been in this position. Everyone was held accountable as it should of been, every man on this squad knew what they had to do game in and game out. The only people to blame here is the players, Torts never changed up the game plan, the players did. It went from all out heart every game to no heart at all. If your mentality is that weak as a player your not gonna last long.

Hopefully Briere can make our new found picks become gems and we can shed some of the weak for better stronger caliber type player's. Still gonna have to find a solid goalie cause we have shit between the pipes!

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't want to crap on all the players obviously goaltending isn't there or ready. The teams young as well. Some of the vets well they'll be gone soon. ...

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's fair to ask right now whether this team is tanking or if Torts has lost them completely. What the fuck else could it be!? This is no minor slump, string of bad bounces or any combination of the two. We're absolutely fucking dreadful right now!! I'm starting to worry that it's more than tanking and this could even carry over into next season.

Realistically, we've gone from being an above average team (that finishes 3rd in the Metro) to quite possibly the worst team in the Nhl in two months or less. Is it really not THAT bad? Name a team that we can beat right now. I can't find one.

Yes, losing Hart and Walker very much hurt this squad, but to the point of losing 8 straight games and giving up 15 goals in two games to two of the lowest scoring teams in the Nhl!?

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's fair to ask right now whether this team is tanking or if Torts has lost them completely. What the fuck else could it be!? This is no minor slump, string of bad bounces or any combination of the two. We're absolutely fucking dreadful right now!! I'm starting to worry that it's more than tanking and this could even carry over into next season.

Realistically, we've gone from being an above average team (that finishes 3rd in the Metro) to quite possibly the worst team in the Nhl in two months or less. Is it really not THAT bad? Name a team that we can beat right now. I can't find one.

Yes, losing Hart and Walker very much hurt this squad, but to the point of losing 8 straight games and giving up 15 goals in two games to two of the lowest scoring teams in the Nhl!?

I wonder what Briere and Jones are taking from this. Does this collapse impact their offseason plans at all? Aside from considering a coaching change maybe, but to tbh I'd be pretty surprised if they go that route. They'll probably have some koombaya sessions to try to get everyone back in the boat and move forward there. But I'm sure they, like all the fans, were thinking things weren't as bad as we thought coming in to the season. Maybe they're a little closer. But now? They're getting obliterated by the worst teams in the league.

They don't really have any free agents to worry too much about. Staal, Johnson, and Gurianov will probably walk. Fedotov sounds like they'll re-sign. Zamula, Ginning, and Brink aren't RFA's to devote too much brain power to.

Konecny will be the big topic. 1 year from UFA, able to re-sign this summer. It's officially decision time there IMO. Just looking at some guys in a similar offensive production and age (Boeser, Fiala, Horvat) he's probably going to pull in 9-10% of the cap for 8 years. So probably in the 8-8.5M for 8 year range is what I'd expect. Worth it looking solely at TK and what he brings, but he's also the last chance for the Flyers to score a real big return to help the rebuild. Plus can the Flyers really afford 33.7M (38% of the cap), long term, on Couturier, Farabee, Tippett, TK, and Sanheim? Obviously TK is the guy you'd most like to keep out of that crew, but what maximizes value for the Flyers?

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what Briere and Jones are taking from this. Does this collapse impact their offseason plans at all? Aside from considering a coaching change maybe, but to tbh I'd be pretty surprised if they go that route. They'll probably have some koombaya sessions to try to get everyone back in the boat and move forward there. But I'm sure they, like all the fans, were thinking things weren't as bad as we thought coming in to the season. Maybe they're a little closer. But now? They're getting obliterated by the worst teams in the league.

They don't really have any free agents to worry too much about. Staal, Johnson, and Gurianov will probably walk. Fedotov sounds like they'll re-sign. Zamula, Ginning, and Brink aren't RFA's to devote too much brain power to.

Konecny will be the big topic. 1 year from UFA, able to re-sign this summer. It's officially decision time there IMO. Just looking at some guys in a similar offensive production and age (Boeser, Fiala, Horvat) he's probably going to pull in 9-10% of the cap for 8 years. So probably in the 8-8.5M for 8 year range is what I'd expect. Worth it looking solely at TK and what he brings, but he's also the last chance for the Flyers to score a real big return to help the rebuild. Plus can the Flyers really afford 33.7M (38% of the cap), long term, on Couturier, Farabee, Tippett, TK, and Sanheim? Obviously TK is the guy you'd most like to keep out of that crew, but what maximizes value for the Flyers?
All the players you mentioned here can be on their way this summer, especially Coots and Atkinson. It's time to move past these prima donnas we keep getting and find some players who actually want to compete night in and night out. Either way, wether they were tanking on purpose or they just hate the coaching, you're a professional hockey player, not a professional pussy! Man up and earn your millions of dollars for playing a sport and quit acting like spoiled girls.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the players you mentioned here can be on their way this summer, especially Coots and Atkinson. It's time to move past these prima donnas we keep getting and find some players who actually want to compete night in and night out. Either way, wether they were tanking on purpose or they just hate the coaching, you're a professional hockey player, not a professional pussy! Man up and earn your millions of dollars for playing a sport and quit acting like spoiled girls.

It's asset management though. You're going to have to pay to move a 40pt center with 6 years left on a 7.75M deal with a NMC. Who has back problems. I don't think anyone would be concerned with 'character flaws'. He's been a pros pro since he was 18. Whatever this blip with Torts is, other teams won't bat an eye. Torts has a history of this with good players. Couturier has a history of playing the 'right way'.

But what does 'getting rid' of Couturier look like? Retain 50% for 6 years and still give up a draft pick to get a mid round pick back? Get rid of all of his contract but take another bad one back in return? It just doesn't help the rebuild to get rid of him. IMO it probably sets the rebuild back actually. Keep him and hope he rebounds in to something useful. Then you can move him in a better way or he's actually worth keeping.

Atkinson's contract is a little more moveable. You can probably get out of most of it without too much damage. Still not 100% sure it's worth it if you have to retain or take back any salary though. He has 1 year left and the Flyers aren't going to win the cup next year anyway so why use an asset for this? Just eat the one year and be done.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They ran out of gas . We simply dont have the talent yet to make a run at the cup but we do have the talent to make the playoffs. If we had Hart IMO we would be in third place in our division and in the playoffs.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Can't win with the goaltending they've gotten over the last month.
Flyers should sue the canadian government for fucking with their asset in a clown show political sham.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before anybody starts trashing Torts for this collapse or his hard edge approach, I'd just like to say if it weren't for him constantly pushing these young kids they would have never been in this position. Everyone was held accountable as it should of been, every man on this squad knew what they had to do game in and game out. The only people to blame here is the players, Torts never changed up the game plan, the players did. It went from all out heart every game to no heart at all. If your mentality is that weak as a player your not gonna last long.

Hopefully Briere can make our new found picks become gems and we can shed some of the weak for better stronger caliber type player's. Still gonna have to find a solid goalie cause we have shit between the pipes!
Fuck Torts. He lost his team in the stretch run. He's all Act and it wears thin.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck Torts. He lost his team in the stretch run. He's all Act and it wears thin.
Its lack of Hart, talent and injuries. Players dont just stop playing for a coach with 8 games to go with their first shot at making the playoffs. That would be like cutting ones nose off to spite your face.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its lack of Hart, talent and injuries. Players dont just stop playing for a coach with 8 games to go with their first shot at making the playoffs. That would be like cutting ones nose off to spite your face.
Yep, gotta be able to decipher that bad play isn't the result of the coach, why with a 10 game stretch run do you decide to just stop playing for a guy who pushed you to that point?

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, gotta be able to decipher that bad play isn't the result of the coach, why with a 10 game stretch run do you decide to just stop playing for a guy who pushed you to that point?
Because another month of the guy is more than you can take. I'm not in the locker room. I don't know how they respond to him, but the on ice product is his responsibility.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because another month of the guy is more than you can take. I'm not in the locker room. I don't know how they respond to him, but the on ice product is his responsibility.
You can only coach so much. Torts cant put on the goalie equipment and stop the shots the sieve we call a number one goalie cant as well as the back ups or put up the points Coots and Atkinson have not been able to.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i'm out game of thrones GIF by Amanda