• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023-24 Flyers: What's new is old again.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some torts quotes from yesterday:

"I've been through it many times. I like our team's mentality, I like how we're very unselfish, there are no egos, we're all pulling for each other and that's usually a good recipe to finish strong."

"Make no mistake about it, I am proud of our team," Tortorella said. "From Day 1, when you could see this room come together, I love coming to the rink and working with these guys. But it's my job to make sure they understand where we're at now. We're not regular season now. We have put ourselves in this spot. Let's not fade away and say, 'You know what, we're not even supposed to be here.' That sucks. We're here. That's where I think I've done a sh--ty job, I want to make sure we're going to go at this the proper way. I don't want regrets."

"It's about getting to another level," Tortorella said. "I do think some guys are struggling to get there and I think it can be taught. Some guys have it in them. But to get to another level, a level you don't even think you know about, that can be taught, that's part of my job. That's what I want to happen.

"If you want to win, you better not even think about going there," he said. "I'm not disrespecting the fans or you guys. We need to create our own narrative down there, we need to create our own mindset down there. That's my job, is to create that and then let's run with it. We just need to block it out. I get that, everybody has to report on stuff and everybody has their feelings and you have a perfect right to them — we need to block that out.

"To me, it's mindset. Mindset is a very important part of what we're going to talk about tomorrow as we start a six-game sprint here and find out what we're made of."
Yep, he said everything that needs to be said, talking is over. Put up or think about all of season what could have been. Players choice.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bummer.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By some minor miracle, our Flyers remain in 3rd place in the Metro via the regulation wins tiebreaker over the Isles. The Caps somehow lost to both Buffalo and Pittsburgh to allow this.

Does anybody want these last two playoff spots!?! Right now, six teams are firmly in and then there are about another six teams (including us) that don't seem to know what the fuck they want.

We draw Buffalo tonight, who are six points behind us with only six to play. They are mathematically still in it, but in all reality, they would probably have to win out to make it in. It's extremely unlikely given their schedule. It will be interesting how much of a fight they put up tonight, but our Flyers better fucking be all-in.

So, let's go out and get this win. I don't care how fucking dirty it is or how long it takes, we just need the two points. Despite having lost a ton lately, we manage to control our own destiny still as a team. That will most certainly NOT be the case any longer if we lose this game tonight.

chy1127

Peace & Love, Peace & Luv
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By some minor miracle, our Flyers remain in 3rd place in the Metro via the regulation wins tiebreaker over the Isles. The Caps somehow lost to both Buffalo and Pittsburgh to allow this.

Does anybody want these last two playoff spots!?! Right now, six teams are firmly in and then there are about another six teams (including us) that don't seem to know what the fuck they want.

We draw Buffalo tonight, who are six points behind us with only six to play. They are mathematically still in it, but in all reality, they would probably have to win out to make it in. It's extremely unlikely given their schedule. It will be interesting how much of a fight they put up tonight, but our Flyers better fucking be all-in.

So, let's go out and get this win. I don't care how fucking dirty it is or how long it takes, we just need the two points. Despite having lost a ton lately, we manage to control our own destiny still as a team. That will most certainly NOT be the case any longer if we lose this game tonight.
Play a good hard 60 minutes and we should be fine. Let down, at all, and face the consequences.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Play a good hard 60 minutes and we should be fine. Let down, at all, and face the consequences.
Or not...Lol I think the effort was mostly there, but if you let Nhl players repeatedly skate the puck right down the slot and rip it without being checked, you're going to let in a few goals. Also, on the 4th goal against, Quinn beats two of our players to poke the rebound home. That can't happen. Not enough urgency.

That's now a season long six game losing streak and in my opinion, even if we get help, the season is over for us. We're going to get beat out by the Isles, Caps and probably one other team too. Even the fucking Pens, who were absolutely dead, are only two points back now with a game in hand.

This all just underlines the fact that this team wasn't ready for a playoff run anyway. We needed Hart and Walker, at least. That and it's a really bad time to not have Couturier. Those losses really hurt.

Last edited:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, both Detroit and Washington also lost tonight in regulation, so we got help. We would need the Isles to lose to Nashville and the Pens to lose to the Lightning tomorrow to technically hold onto 3rd place in the Metro.

I still think this is over. It seems like nobody wants these last two playoff spots, but especially our Flyers.

At this rate, we're going to be several points behind the Caps entering the season finale, so the game won't even matter to us.

Last edited:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beyond just losing Hart, Walker and Couturier, this team is basically choking in the clutch. When the pressure really mounted, we absolutely folded. Guys are whiffing on passes and shots left and right. Plays that we made earlier in the season are now just a touch off. Even when shots are labeled, the puck is hitting the post or going just wide instead of going top corner. With every defensive lapse, it seems like the puck is in the back of our net. So yes, our goalies for the most part, aren't holding us in games. I don't blame them entirely either because we're leaving people wide open in prime scoring areas.

It's an absolute choke job on full display. Idk if we will win another game this season, honestly...Lol Tomorrow night may be our only legit shot. Montreal just beat us and we've been terrible against the remaining division foes (NYR, NJ and Wash).

I would get Johnson and Staal out of there asap. At least give our young guys a shot and let them take their lumps.

Last edited:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, what a worse time to pull a Flyers seasonal 10-game losing streak. This is just annoying to no end to watch this major elfoldo at the wrong time.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, the only reason we're still technically in this playoff race is because our rivals have been performing almost just as badly, plus when they aren't losing, they're playing each other (so only one is winning).

I hate to say it, but if our team is THAT close and the players play for one another, then why the massive choke job over the last several weeks!? We have lost 6 straight and 10 of 13 overall. After having held 3rd in the Metro for so long, this is completely embarrassing and demoralizing.

The Wings, for example, have lost 13 of their last 17 games and yet they are only 1 point behind us with a game in hand. Fucking terrible.