• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023-24 Flyers: What's new is old again.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Said Tortorella: “The whole overall play, as far as our determination away from the puck, was just night and day from the first 20 (minutes) to the last 40. We have a good team. We have a team that’s willing. We just have to make sure we have the right mindset that we can play with these teams, and take a chance.”

That “take a chance” message is something that Tortorella has continually stressed to his team — they have to play a kind of reckless style to be effective because they’re not going to out-skill many teams.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. No, they don't.

Nope. You're wrong.

Flat out wrong.
No, that's not what I did. He said top ten so I included every single top 10 pick of the last decade and also gave you one pick from 11. That's all of them.

You aren't living in reality. Take a look at reality, buddy.

They have fucked every single pick. Same reason different reason they fucked up every single one. Come on.
You can live in the ups and downs of the past decade or you can realize that there's a whole new regime in Philly (Torts, Briere & Jones) that is currently handling things the right way.

Besides, you cannot predict injuries or whether a teenager is going to change his mind about signing with the squad. That's impossible.

Live in the past or appreciate what we have now and what we could have in the near future.

Look at the '23 draft, the first for Danny Briere as GM. Michkov, Bonk and Barkey are all playing extremely well right now. Both 1st round picks could end up being a hit. Let's not judge it yet, but it looks promising as we speak.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Btw, what we have now is a team, while pretty young, that comes to play most every night and I think has proven that they can play with the big boys. Sure, they could use an infusion of talent, but for this team to be sitting securely in a playoff spot with only 31 games remaining is pretty damn impressive.

Great to see Cates get the game-winner against Florida. That will be enormous for him moving forward.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can live in the ups and downs of the past decade or you can realize that there's a whole new regime in Philly (Torts, Briere & Jones) that is currently handling things the right way.

Besides, you cannot predict injuries or whether a teenager is going to change his mind about signing with the squad. That's impossible.

Live in the past or appreciate what we have now and what we could have in the near future.

Look at the '23 draft, the first for Danny Briere as GM. Michkov, Bonk and Barkey are all playing extremely well right now. Both 1st round picks could end up being a hit. Let's not judge it yet, but it looks promising as we speak.
Chances are Michkov will never leave Russia.

Get excited about that future.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love when a jackass is trying to tell posters who's a fan and who isn't. :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't argue with idiots, folks. They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

#ignored

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2020-2021 nothing
2021-2022 nothing
2022-2023 nothing
2023-2024 nothing
2024-2025 nothing
2025-2026 nothing
2026-2027 Michkov

That's a lot of suck.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We played the worst first period of the year last game and the best first period on the year in last night game. :yahoo:

TK getting a Geordie Howe hat trick in the first period was incredible. :rockon:
One thing for certain, this team is gonna make it very interesting at the trade deadline for sure. If we gotta get rid of some pieces I hope it's Laughton and Risto. Problem is I think theere will be some pretty good offers for Seeler and Walker. What a dilemma.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing for certain, this team is gonna make it very interesting at the trade deadline for sure. If we gotta get rid of some pieces I hope it's Laughton and Risto. Problem is I think theere will be some pretty good offers for Seeler and Walker. What a dilemma.
I agree with this 100%.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Edmonton really have much to offer though? The article doesn't say anything about what they'd be willing to part with or what they have for on offer?

They have all their future 1st round picks. Holloway and Broberg probably the two prospects of interest. Wheeler at the Athletic has Holloway as a borderline 2nd/3rd liner and Broberg as a 2nd/3rd pair guy. At the beginning of the year Pronman had Broberg as a bubble top/middle of the lineup guy and Holloway as a middle of the lineup guy.

So they have some decent pieces. Haven't seen a lot of speculation around what the Flyers might be able to get. Rumor is the Flames are looking for either a 1st round pick or a 2nd and a decent prospect for Tanev. So Walker will probably come in around there, a little below most likely. I think you're probably looking at a 2nd as a best case scenario for Laughton. Hard to say what both of them would get you. A 1st and a medium prospect? Broberg and a 2nd?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Edmonton really have much to offer though? The article doesn't say anything about what they'd be willing to part with or what they have for on offer?
They have a 2024 first round pick that they can trade and are currently shopping that pick.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have all their future 1st round picks. Holloway and Broberg probably the two prospects of interest. Wheeler at the Athletic has Holloway as a borderline 2nd/3rd liner and Broberg as a 2nd/3rd pair guy. At the beginning of the year Pronman had Broberg as a bubble top/middle of the lineup guy and Holloway as a middle of the lineup guy.

So they have some decent pieces. Haven't seen a lot of speculation around what the Flyers might be able to get. Rumor is the Flames are looking for either a 1st round pick or a 2nd and a decent prospect for Tanev. So Walker will probably come in around there, a little below most likely. I think you're probably looking at a 2nd as a best case scenario for Laughton. Hard to say what both of them would get you. A 1st and a medium prospect? Broberg and a 2nd?
Yea unless it's a package deal I think you're 100% on the money.