• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2023-24 Flyers: What's new is old again.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2 assists and 18 minutes of ice time. Im loving this new team.:nod:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have a lot of RWs that will be on the club or ready to be in the NHL: Did we really need Hathaway?

Tippett
Atkinson
TK
Hathaway
Allison
Foerester
Wisdom
Lycsell
Toumaala

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have a lot of RWs that will be on the club or ready to be in the NHL: Did we really need Hathaway?

Tippett
Atkinson
TK
Hathaway
Allison
Foerester
Wisdom
Lycsell
Toumaala
No we didn't, we need some hard nose blue collar guys but overall I see not much of nothing a guy like that adds, maybe I'm missing something?

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No we didn't, we need some hard nose blue collar guys but overall I see not much of nothing a guy like that adds, maybe I'm missing something?
He will either block Allison or Foerester for a spot on the team this year which is why i dont understand why we have him. Now that we do i hope he plays Flyers brand of hockey and we wind up liking him in the end.

Chris p Bacon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will either block Allison or Foerester for a spot on the team this year which is why i dont understand why we have him. Now that we do i hope he plays Flyers brand of hockey and we wind up liking him in the end.
Well if he's blocking the development of other players then I'm really sour on this deal. However, with our known injury prone team , he has nhl experience so he can always be a ok fill in. Maybe he can play goalie.:dhd:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mark Recchi to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame on January 27th before the game against Boston.

Our rookies take on the Ranger rookies tonight at 7:05 at PPL Center in Allentown.

Our lines and pairings:

Gendron - Desnoyers - Foerster
Furry - Barkey - Brink
Brown - Fauchon - Tuomaala
Clernik - Gaucher - Wisdom

Ginning - Bonk
Zmolek - Samson
Millman - Sotheran

Brown, Fauchon, Furry and Gaucher are camp invites, so you obviously won't recognize those names.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the Athletic: NHL's top 10 players to breakout this season:

Cam York, Philadelphia Flyers

Cam York should get a ton of opportunity to prove himself as a top-four fixture, especially with the big roles that will be available because of Ivan Provorov’s and Tony DeAngelo’s departures.

York split last season between the NHL and AHL, appearing in 54 games for the Flyers. The 22-year-old is a smooth skater, and while you wouldn’t call him dynamic, he’s a skilled, intelligent player with the puck. York offered strong play-driving results last season, delivering an impressive 53.2 percent expected goal share and breaking even in terms of on-ice goals for and against at five-on-five on an awful Flyers team.

He spent a big chunk of his NHL games playing the right side on the top pair with Provorov. The results weren’t nearly as pretty in that sample compared to when he played further down the lineup, but just the fact that he was able to hang in a first-pair role while playing his off side as a Year 1 player is very promising.

York should also rack up some extra points as DeAngelo’s replacement quarterbacking the first-unit power play. He may not be big or dynamic enough to develop into a bona fide top-pair defenseman, but he has the pedigree, smooth transition skill set, promising Year 1 underlying numbers and gaping opportunity to develop into a top-four building block for the Flyers’ blue line.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course we lost both rookie games to the Rangers. That's no huge deal, but on-ice training camp starts tomorrow with Couturier and Atkinson at 100% health, which is enormous for the big squad moving forward.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The magician tearing it up for Sochi !!!!

purdue81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Visiting friends in Philly. Put on WIP, which I used to listen to living here in the 90’s. Bunch of boobs yelling at each other - had to turn it off.