• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 Texas Rangers Spring Training Thread

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Levi Weaver discusses Spencer Howard in his article today:

“The best way I can describe it is he looks relieved,” manager Chris Woodward said. “He looks free. … When we got him, he was caught between a lot of different things he was trying to do. And I applaud him for going out there every day that we had him last year. He just wasn’t where he felt comfortable. You could feel it, you could see it. But we wanted to keep putting him out there; it’s a huge experience for him. But I think this offseason was (to) clear the mind, work on the things he knew he needed to work on from a delivery standpoint, get back to being him.

“And now, when we all saw him throw the other day, that reminded us of the guy that we have been wanting to acquire since he signed. So now we can work off of that. Because if he’s in that good headspace and his body’s moving, and you see the athleticism and the ball come out like that, you’re like, ‘OK. Now we have something, truly, to work with.'”

Although the manager’s reports were glowing, others in the organization said it looked like he hasn’t quite found that natural arm slot just yet. When you hear mixed reports based on different bullpens, the easy conclusion is this: He might just need a little more time to find consistency with — as he describes it — “throwing athletically.”

True Rangers Fan

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guide isn't showing the game being on Bally today, but the Rangers website claims that's the broadcast channel.

True Rangers Fan

2023 World Series Champions
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

“The best way I can describe it is he looks relieved,” manager Chris Woodward said. “He looks free. … When we got him, he was caught between a lot of different things he was trying to do. And I applaud him for going out there every day that we had him last year. He just wasn’t where he felt comfortable. You could feel it, you could see it. But we wanted to keep putting him out there; it’s a huge experience for him. But I think this offseason was (to) clear the mind, work on the things he knew he needed to work on from a delivery standpoint, get back to being him.

“And now, when we all saw him throw the other day, that reminded us of the guy that we have been wanting to acquire since he signed. So now we can work off of that. Because if he’s in that good headspace and his body’s moving, and you see the athleticism and the ball come out like that, you’re like, ‘OK. Now we have something, truly, to work with.'”

Although the manager’s reports were glowing, others in the organization said it looked like he hasn’t quite found that natural arm slot just yet. When you hear mixed reports based on different bullpens, the easy conclusion is this: He might just need a little more time to find consistency with — as he describes it — “throwing athletically.”

why is it that everything I hear about Howard makes me less enthusiastic?

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I.m showing 213MLB and bally 676-1.

Kelleyman

Rebuild done....It all starts with pitching
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hard to take Woodward seriously at times due to his cheerleading.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Halicke's first 26 man roster projection:

Catcher (2): Mitch Garver, Jonah Heim

Infield (6): Nathaniel Lowe, Marcus Semien, Corey Seager, Andy Ibáñez, Yonny Hernandez, Charlie Culberson*

Outfield (5): Willie Calhoun, Brad Miller, Adolis García, Kole Calhoun, Nick Solak

Starting Rotation (5): Jon Gray, Martín Pérez, Dane Dunning, Taylor Hearn, Spencer Howard

Bullpen (8): Joe Barlow (closer), Brett Martin, Spencer Patton, Garrett Richards, John King, Dennis Santana, Josh Sborz, Greg Holland*

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to take Woodward seriously at times due to his cheerleading.
Yeah, he kinda wears me out. I won't be sad to see them move on from him at some point in the future.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Infield (6): Nathaniel Lowe, Marcus Semien, Corey Seager, Andy Ibáñez, Yonny Hernandez, Charlie Culberson*

Outfield (5): Willie Calhoun, Brad Miller, Adolis García, Kole Calhoun, Nick Solak

Starting Rotation (5): Jon Gray, Martín Pérez, Dane Dunning, Taylor Hearn, Spencer Howard

Bullpen (8): Joe Barlow (closer), Brett Martin, Spencer Patton, Garrett Richards, John King, Dennis Santana, Josh Sborz, Greg Holland*
that lineup sucks especially that outfield and he really thinks Howard deserves a spot in the rotation. of he's lucky he might start at AA

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Guess this puts Garcia in CF with no back up. Have to think one young guy makes OF

He likes the vets so where is Carpenter?

Part of me thinks we will move one of these guys prior to Opening day like Solak

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess this puts Garcia in CF with no back up. Have to think one young guy makes OF

He likes the vets so where is Carpenter?

Part of me thinks we will move one of these guys prior to Opening day like Solak
where's Trevino?

where's Bush?

where's Taveras?

Kelleyman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
where's Trevino?

where's Bush?

where's Taveras?
Unless Garver Dhs a lot then one catcher will have to be in MILB

I do think Bush makes squad
I also think we have a backup CF but think it is White and Leody gets full time playing time in MILB for a possible midseason call up

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless Garver Dhs a lot then one catcher will have to be in MILB

I do think Bush makes squad
I also think we have a backup CF but think it is White and Leody gets full time playing time in MILB for a possible midseason call up
Agree on Leody