• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 Recruiting

returnofjakedog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the big questions is who will be playing QB. I heard that DeBoer's QB from Fresno decided not to transfer, so does that mean we go in to the season with Morris and Huard as the options?
If so, I hope the offseason training has a bunch of HGH in it.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very solid moves. New staff is almost complete. Recruiting can continue and retaining Huff could really help with getting Conerly to commit in Feb.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And there it is. Think things worked out very well with the process and feels like we got the right crew in place to get the program back on track again. This isn't some instant fix. They got alot of work to do and really need to recruit like crazy because they need to really fill alot of spots for next years class. But all things considered, I think we're back in business and husky fb fans got feel good for the future.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Oregon has really fucked us.

Junior Adams to Oregon is a huge blow. I read that Jalen McMillan, Rome Odunze and Germie Bernard have all deleted references to UW on their social media pages.

This sucks. Even if they don't all bolt to Oregon with Adams, it would be a huge, huge loss if we lost all three of those guys.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And there it is. Think things worked out very well with the process and feels like we got the right crew in place to get the program back on track again. This isn't some instant fix. They got alot of work to do and really need to recruit like crazy because they need to really fill alot of spots for next years class. But all things considered, I think we're back in business and husky fb fans got feel good for the future.

With the mass exodus of talent, I have a bad feeling that we're going to be a doormat for quite some time unless Cohen really hit a home run with the DeBoer hire.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a dirty move by Oregon and its motives are pathetic. Some have been saying online because he was provided a Co-OC title, it means Oregon wont have to pay his 500k buyout. But thats only if he accepted a HC position. They still got to pay his buyout, even if its chump change to Phil.

But this also goes with Adams rep. Fabulous recruiter, but mediocre coach. And if you look at the previous Nike U. staff and the one Lanning brought in, you see the same trend.

I'm not crushed that Oregon did this with Adams because I don't see this as some massive mortal wound to our team. Rumors had started a week ago that something was brewing with him and another PAC school. And Oregon name started being zeroed in on.

Sucks because it might cost us some of our current WRs. But I'm sure the staff knew this was coming for a week now and DeBoer and the offensive coaches were already developing a list of candidates. Just emphasizes that we got a mountain of work to do and its better to do it with a staff who really want to be here.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a dirty move by Oregon and its motives are pathetic. Some have been saying online because he was provided a Co-OC title, it means Oregon wont have to pay his 500k buyout. But thats only if he accepted a HC position. They still got to pay his buyout, even if its chump change to Phil.

But this also goes with Adams rep. Fabulous recruiter, but mediocre coach. And if you look at the previous Nike U. staff and the one Lanning brought in, you see the same trend.

I'm not crushed that Oregon did this with Adams because I don't see this as some massive mortal wound to our team. Rumors had started a week ago that something was brewing with him and another PAC school. And Oregon name started being zeroed in on.

Sucks because it might cost us some of our current WRs. But I'm sure the staff knew this was coming for a week now and DeBoer and the offensive coaches were already developing a list of candidates. Just emphasizes that we got a mountain of work to do and its better to do it with a staff who really want to be here.
I think you hit the nail on the head that he's a fabulous recruiter, but mediocre coach. My concern isn't so much about him leaving, it's about the fact that we've already had two good WRs hit the transfer shithole and I do believe that Germie Bernard, Rome Odunze and Jalen McMillan are elite talents and it would really hurt if they left. I can't verify this but I've read that they have all taken UW related stuff off their social media pages.

My confidence in our coaching staff would be substantially boosted if we're able to retain those guys.

Serious question: Has there ever been a coach who has left UW for Oregon?

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hurt to see Germie bail. No surprising, but man are we gonna have a lot of work to do to land the next class, but try to fill all the massive holes left by Lakes massive letdown at recruiting.

But man, this is serious maturity on display. Got to love it. WOOF!!!!

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good news. Love to see it.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Media dept getting to work. Love it.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the addition of JeMarcus Shephard and think that Junior Adams leaving for Oregon could actually be a blessing in disguise. Adams seems to be a terrific recruiter but we haven't really seen much production from our WRs since he arrived. I get the impression that Shephard might not be as great of a recruiter as Adams, but has been highly touted for his actual coaching ability.

Right after the hiring of Shephard we landed Junior Alexander which IMO should offset the loss of Germie Bernard.

I had actually been hearing that UW was outbid for Shephard by Notre Dame. The fact that we landed him over a school from his home state and that is objectively a better program is a huge win for us.