• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 Patriots Draft Discussions

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, this is not complete though , I don't believe.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think this accounts for the Michel trade, And I thought there was another.

Maybe I'm wrong.
As for the draft, the Patriots have each of their picks in the first four rounds and the Rams’ sixth-round pick. They aren’t projected to get any compensation picks due to free agency but they could receive a third-round pick in the 2022 NFL Draft if Jerod Mayo is hired to be a head coach by another NFL team due to the Rooney Rule.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for the draft, the Patriots have each of their picks in the first four rounds and the Rams’ sixth-round pick. They aren’t projected to get any compensation picks due to free agency but they could receive a third-round pick in the 2022 NFL Draft if Jerod Mayo is hired to be a head coach by another NFL team due to the Rooney Rule.
I guess I thought early in the season that Bill was stacking up on later round picks.
Ehh...been wrong before.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NYG and ATL

If the Pats want to trade out of RD 1 they could easily build a draft that would allow multiple picks in rounds 2 3 and maybe 4 these two team seem to be teams the Pats could target. With draft depth at positions of need this may make some sense. And it get's the Pats out of that round 1 cap space

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NYG and ATL

If the Pats want to trade out of RD 1 they could easily build a draft that would allow multiple picks in rounds 2 3 and maybe 4 these two team seem to be teams the Pats could target. With draft depth at positions of need this may make some sense. And it get's the Pats out of that round 1 cap space
My opinion on draft trades is this: The best team to trade with is the team that wants a player that is at your slot. It's why there are trades on draft days and few prior other than super high picks.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My opinion on draft trades is this: The best team to trade with is the team that wants a player that is at your slot. It's why there are trades on draft days and few prior other than super high picks.
I agree buy you also have to make certain there is equal value a team may need a player but not have the draft capital to make an equal swap

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lot of teams are sniffing around. Jags are already dangling the #1. Problem is that there is no single outstanding QB or other position that would compel anyone to give up the house. Then again, a top 15 and a player might get it done.

IMO, a lot of teams will be shifting spots in the first round.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree buy you also have to make certain there is equal value a team may need a player but not have the draft capital to make an equal swap
To me, the whole draft point value thing is worthless. Therefore, you can't know the value of a draft slot until you know which player is in that slot, and each team may have a different player based on their needs. Barmore is a great example where Belichick gave up a perceived premium for his draft slot, but was that actually a premium for the player?

My statements are just added dialog. I completely get your point and how teams try to align their draft capital with their need to effectively add to their roster. My analysis of that practice is this: It's a great way to fill the roster with Xs and Os instead of Jimmys and Joes.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me, the whole draft point value thing is worthless. Therefore, you can't know the value of a draft slot until you know which player is in that slot, and each team may have a different player based on their needs. Barmore is a great example where Belichick gave up a perceived premium for his draft slot, but was that actually a premium for the player?

My statements are just added dialog. I completely get your point and how teams try to align their draft capital with their need to effectively add to their roster. My analysis of that practice is this: It's a great way to fill the roster with Xs and Os instead of Jimmys and Joes.
Well you know trading #21 is not worth picking up #219

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The value of the dollar is meaningless unless you know what it will buy you.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with the 21st pick

Georgia DT Jordan Davis ran a 4.78 second 40-yard dash.​

At 342 pounds, Davis posted one of the most impressive 40-yard dashes in Combine history on Saturday afternoon. For context, Davis' 40 time was under Patrick Mahomes'. It's the sort of Combine performance that sends a player skyrocketing up draft boards. Davis' Combine dominance surely grabbed the attention of any team looking to bolster their defensive line in the 2022 draft.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
with the 21st pick

Georgia DT Jordan Davis ran a 4.78 second 40-yard dash.​

At 342 pounds, Davis posted one of the most impressive 40-yard dashes in Combine history on Saturday afternoon. For context, Davis' 40 time was under Patrick Mahomes'. It's the sort of Combine performance that sends a player skyrocketing up draft boards. Davis' Combine dominance surely grabbed the attention of any team looking to bolster their defensive line in the 2022 draft.
I've been saying Davis for a while.

Davis and Baremore?

Oh hell yes.

That would be like Wilfork And Seymour.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill has told Curran, Perry, Reiss and anyone else that will listen, "Our defense was just too slow to keep up. We have to improve the speed of the front seven."

Bill's drafting defense and based on what he's thinking, Hightower, Van Noy and Collins are gone. Judon will probably have the green dot. Discussion yesterday on WEEI was about Jennings, Uche, Perkins, Winovich, MacMillan, Hall, and McGrone. There are eight young LBs on the roster and it was pretty much agreed that Uche, Jennings, Perkins and McGrone all have an inside step on the rest of the guys and that the only thing that could derail them would be draft picks who are more than ready.

Everyone said that Winovich seemed like he was going to start when something happened and his performance faltered and BB stuck him in the dog house. No one knows what went on. Questions asked were, 'did he piss off Bill?, did he do something really wrong that he couldn't make up?, did his performance falter because he thought he had a position? The concensus is that he'll have to impress the hell out of BB or he'll be somewhere else.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill has told Curran, Perry, Reiss and anyone else that will listen, "Our defense was just too slow to keep up. We have to improve the speed of the front seven."

Bill's drafting defense and based on what he's thinking, Hightower, Van Noy and Collins are gone. Judon will probably have the green dot. Discussion yesterday on WEEI was about Jennings, Uche, Perkins, Winovich, MacMillan, Hall, and McGrone. There are eight young LBs on the roster and it was pretty much agreed that Uche, Jennings, Perkins and McGrone all have an inside step on the rest of the guys and that the only thing that could derail them would be draft picks who are more than ready.

Everyone said that Winovich seemed like he was going to start when something happened and his performance faltered and BB stuck him in the dog house. No one knows what went on. Questions asked were, 'did he piss off Bill?, did he do something really wrong that he couldn't make up?, did his performance falter because he thought he had a position? The concensus is that he'll have to impress the hell out of BB or he'll be somewhere else.
I got the impression Winovich was not succeeding with the game plan. He is not getting through the correct blocks and missing the play.....

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Speed at LB