• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 Patriots Draft Discussions

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the past couple of drafts, I wonder if teams are scouting or reading all of the mock drafts.

Nothing surprises me, yet alot of picks surprise me. Then again, Bill always catches me off guard.

If all five of the top WR were available at 21, I don't think he'd take one. He's going to take a LB.
Or a DE.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the past couple of drafts, I wonder if teams are scouting or reading all of the mock drafts.

Nothing surprises me, yet alot of picks surprise me. Then again, Bill always catches me off guard.

If all five of the top WR were available at 21, I don't think he'd take one. He's going to take a LB.
Well I hope you're correct. I've been moaning for a couple years not that this LB corps needed an upgrade. Love DHT but his lack of speed is a serious liability. Hope he returns to coach.

The draft has so many twists and turns. What happens or doesn't happen in FA will play a huge role this season. As well as getting some of the prospects back off of IR.

I see CB as big a hole next year as LB. So where does BB look first? He's had the ability to find quality DBs in the later rounds or even UDFA. A lot harder to find a quality LB late.

Also that Oline and receiver corps needs to be addressed.

Busy off season coming up. But with due dilligence I see NE returning to the playoffs.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Busy off season coming up. But with due dilligence I see NE returning to the playoffs.
It appears that BB has already started to fill holes that would normally get filled with late round picks or UDAs postdraft. He's got eight guys signed to future contracts.

I haven't seen one disagreement over the primary needs of OL, WR, LB and CB. It's the one that each of us feels is the most critical.

From what I can see in many of the media pieces, BB will use he Frnchise tag on JC Jckson and pay him $17.5M for 2022. Personally, I think he should sit down with JC nd tellhim that he can be franchised for 2022 and 2023 and offer him a four year $84M contract. Guarantee $60M and give him a $20M of it as an up front bonus. That will be a cheap contract in 2025.

Offer Trent Brown a 3 year $36m contract, guarantee $24 and include a $10M Bonus. Move him to LT and be done with it,

I don't think Bentley is worth what another team will over pay him, so move on.

Bill hates to pay WRs. Here's alist of the top free agent WRs available in 2022. I've marked guys i think could really beef up the groupand are affordable:

1. DAVANTE ADAMS

PFF Free Agency Rank: 1
2021 PFF grade: 92.7 (1st of 131)

Adams made it clear he wanted to become the highest-paid player at the wide receiver position, and it’s hard to argue against him deserving that distinction. Matters become more complicated when you try to determine who is technically the highest-paid wide receiver and what the true annual value of their contracts are. A franchise tag for Adams will be just shy of $20 million.

Projected contract: 4 yrs — $23.25m avg/yr

2. CHRIS GODWIN

PFF Free Agency Rank: 3
2021 PFF grade: 81.3 (12th of 131)

Godwin and the Buccaneers were unable to come to an agreement on a multi-year deal after he was franchise-tagged last offseason, but that very well may work out in Godwin’s favor.The drop issues that plagued him during the Buccaneers' 2020 Super Bowl run appear to be no more, as his hand is now healthy and he’s once again operating as one of Tom Brady’s favorite targets in a high-powered passing attack.

Projected contract: 4 yrs — $17.5m avg/yr

3. MIKE WILLIAMS

PFF Free Agency Rank: 7
2021 PFF grade: 77.6 (23rd of 131)

Williams picked a great season to finally break out and become a consistent player, with his 55 receptions through Week 13 already eclipsing his full-season career-high of 49. Still, after a blazing start during the first three weeks of the season — a span in which Williams ranked fifth in receptions (22), sixth in receiving yards (295) and second in explosive plays (eight) — he has fallen back down to earth a bit. He has dropped seven balls on the year and gone over 100 yards just once since Week 5. Williams’ tantalizing physical abilities that led to him being drafted No. 7 overall will always keep teams interested, but how much they’re willing to invest long-term may be a tougher decision.

Projected contract: 4 yrs — $17m avg/yr

4. ALLEN ROBINSON II

PFF Free Agency Rank: 10
2021 PFF grade: 66.9 (72nd of 131)

Robinson has endured a disastrous 2021 season as he once again tries to produce in a passing offense that ranks dead last in yards per game. While the lion’s share of the blame can be placed on the Bears' offense in general, Robinson is sporting the worst overall grade of his career thus far (67.6).

Projected contract: 3 yrs — $16m avg/yr

5. MICHAEL GALLUP

PFF Free Agency Rank: 28
2021 PFF grade: 73.3 (38th of 131)

Gallup’s contract year got off to a bit of a shaky start, as he sustained an injury in Week 1 that kept him sidelined through Week 9. The larger question may be if Gallup benefits from playing with quarterback Dak Prescott and alongside Amari Cooper in one of the league’s premier passing attacks, but Gallup is a productive outside wide receiver who will be coveted come March.

Projected contract: 4 yrs — $13.75m avg/yr

6. ANTONIO BROWN

PFF Free Agency Rank: 29
2021 PFF grade: 87.4 (N/A)

Even at 33 years old and after missing time, Brown is still one of the best wide receivers in the NFL. There should still be a handful of suitors for his services once again this off season, as he represents one of the best values in the NFL each year.

Projected contract: 1 yrs — $4m avg/yr

7. ODELL BECKHAM JR.

PFF Free Agency Rank: 36
2021 PFF grade: 70.9 (52nd of 131)

The Rams‘ final midseason addition of 2021, Beckham Jr. didn’t take too long to get acclimated to the West Coast. If he continues to produce as the Rams potentially play deep into the playoffs, a bevy of teams could be lining up again.

Projected contract: 1 yrs — $14m avg/yr

8. JUJU SMITH-SCHUSTER**

PFF Free Agency Rank: 42
2021 PFF grade: 58.0 (108th of 131)

Smith-Schuster turned down offers from the Baltimore Ravens and Kansas City Chiefs to stay with the Steelers, who selected him in the second round of the 2017 NFL Draft. Smith-Schuster plays a very valuable role as a sure-handed slot receiver who quarterbacks can rely on in critical situations. He ranks top-15 in third-down receptions by a wide receiver since he was drafted in 2017 (85).

Projected contract: 1 yrs — $8m avg/yr

9. CHRISTIAN KIRK

PFF Free Agency Rank: 50
2021 PFF grade: 72.1 (44th of 131)

Kirk has lined up in the slot on over 77% of his snaps so far in the 2021 season, trouncing his previous career-high of 41.6%. He has 4.4 speed.

Projected contract: 3 yrs — $11.67m avg/yr

10. D.J. CHARK JR.

PFF Free Agency Rank: 51
2021 PFF grade: 65.9 (N/A)

Chark’s relationship with new head coach Urban Meyer didn’t get off to the best start, as Meyer said he was a “big guy that played little.” Chark may look to depart for greener pastures, and there should be a handful of teams interested in adding a 6-foot-4 wide receiver with 4.3-second speed.

Projected contract: 3 yrs — $13.33m avg/yr

11. WILL FULLER V

PFF Free Agency Rank: 89
2021 PFF grade: 61.4 (N/A)

Projected contract: 1 yrs — $10m avg/yr

12. JAMISON CROWDER

PFF Free Agency Rank: 95
2021 PFF grade: 64.9 (81st of 131)

Projected contract: 1 yrs — $4.5m avg/yr

13. MARQUEZ VALDES-SCANTLING**

PFF Free Agency Rank: 97
2021 PFF grade: 66.1 (76th of 131)

Projected contract: 3 yrs — $8.33m avg/yr

14. SAMMY WATKINS**

PFF Free Agency Rank: 100
2021 PFF grade: 66.3 (73rd of 131)

Projected contract: 2 yrs — $6m avg/yr

15. CEDRICK WILSON

PFF Free Agency Rank: 101
2021 PFF grade: 71.7 (48th of 131)

Projected contract: N/A

16. BRAXTON BERRIOS**

PFF Free Agency Rank: 102
2021 PFF grade: 74.0 (36th of 131)

17. KEELAN COLE**

PFF Free Agency Rank: 104
2021 PFF grade: 61.3 (96th of 131)

18. A.J. GREEN**

PFF Free Agency Rank: 111
2021 PFF grade: 67.8 (69th of 131)

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost every mock I see has the Pats taking a WR in round one, if not a mock than a list of team needs. Taking a WR @#1 would scare the heck out of me, I just honestly feel BB can not asses that position for what ever reason. The draft is pretty WR heavy so I would rather see him take a position of need IMO Edge or OT. I would really like to see him deal the #21 pick for extra mid round picks.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost every mock I see has the Pats taking a WR in round one, if not a mock than a list of team needs. Taking a WR @#1 would scare the heck out of me, I just honestly feel BB can not asses that position for what ever reason. The draft is pretty WR heavy so I would rather see him take a position of need IMO Edge or OT. I would really like to see him deal the #21 pick for extra mid round picks.

I can see the Pats trading out of the first round this year for a couple of 2nds and getting some quality players in round two.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nfl network has pats taking jordon davis Ga with the 21st pick please let this be true a good comparison would be Wilfork
he is 6'6 and 340

Jordan Davis is a senior who aligns as an interior defensive lineman for the Bulldogs' even-front defense. He typically aligns at the 3-tech but has also played the 1-tech as they shift their front pre-snap. He demonstrates good reactive athleticism and lateral agility for a young man his size. In the passing game, he has grown tremendously and his conditioning this season has seemingly contributed to this. He is primarily a bull rusher who can push the pocket and put the center in the lap of the quarterback. He is extremely impactful as someone who absolutely commands a double team, which frees up other players in that front. In the run game, he is dominant. He is nearly impossible to single-block. He has extremely explosive hands to lock out and disengage from offensive linemen. His skill set suggests that he can either be a single or two-gap player in an even or odd front. He can remain on the field in passing situations, but teams may maximize his effectiveness by limiting his reps due to his size and conditioning.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coach B has to strike gold eventually on an early selected WR???

That being said... I hope we get some team speed. A fast WR. A fast LB or two. The Patriots do seem to find quality DB's later in the draft . A pocket collapsing DT.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always think looking toward best available is always the best value play, of course weighing the relative value versus the best player at a truly needed position. Today's NFL gives several options toward filling needed positions beyond the draft.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's an early list of the top 10 LBs. IMO, Dean of Georgia is way too small for the NFL. 6' 225# is about the size of a RB. Ilike Lloyd and Tindall. Both have sie and speed.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take Dean in a heartbeat. He is what the Patriots need at LB. Can rush the QB. Can cover TE's and RB's. 10-15 lbs means nothing if his fundamentals are sound. And they are.
The Pats have on the roster some younger faster LBs that for what ever reason did not play Perkins comes to mind. There was a post talking about them. I agree he would be a solid pick at that position not sure that is the position I feel has the greatest need

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pats have on the roster some younger faster LBs that for what ever reason did not play Perkins comes to mind. There was a post talking about them. I agree he would be a solid pick at that position not sure that is the position I feel has the greatest need
There should be a few fast LBs hanging around in the 3rd. That's where I target LB if BB doesn't think McGrone and Perkins can do the job?

DB and both lines are my early targets.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anybody got a clear count on Bill's picks for this year?

I know he gained some from the Michel trade and I thought there was another addition, but I cannot seem to find anything.
I think there was a 4th and 6th or 5th and 6th for Michel?

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anybody got a clear count on Bill's picks for this year?

I know he gained some from the Michel trade and I thought there was another addition, but I cannot seem to find anything.
I think there was a 4th and 6th or 5th and 6th for Michel?

This is what I could find. Maybe we hit gold again at #199?????

Round 1: pick 21

Round 2: pick 54

Round 3: pick 85

Round 4: pick 126*

Round 6: pick 199*

Round 6: pick-209*

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what I could find. Maybe we hit gold again at #199?????

Round 1: pick 21

Round 2: pick 54

Round 3: pick 85

Round 4: pick 126*

Round 6: pick 199*

Round 6: pick-209*
Yeah, this is not complete though , I don't believe.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think this accounts for the Michel trade, And I thought there was another.

Maybe I'm wrong.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, this is not complete though , I don't believe.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think this accounts for the Michel trade, And I thought there was another.

Maybe I'm wrong.
A quick and possibly inaccurate google search says the Pats got a 2022 6th and a conditional 2023 5th that could become a 4th.