• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

2022 NBA Offseason thread

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You people have some weird shit

Merit is bigotry

That adds up
200.gif

edit: should've read thru the rest of the thread lol, doubling up a Mamba meme...

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the cusp of training camp, as media day neared and the topic of Westbrook’s uncertain future continued to dominate the conversation around the NBA, sources with direct knowledge of the negotiations say the Lakers’ key decision-makers spent several days engaged in deep conversations about the feasibility of a blockbuster trade with Indiana. Vice president of basketball operations and general manager Rob Pelinka, owner Jeanie Buss and senior basketball adviser Kurt Rambis seriously considered sending Westbrook and unprotected first-round picks in 2027 and 2029 to the Pacers for center Myles Turner and guard Buddy Hield, sources said. They held a series of meetings in the days leading up to camp to analyze the possible Pacers deal from every angle, with the views of Ham and Lakers executives Joey and Jesse Buss also being strongly considered in the process. The organization even delayed the midweek news conference for Pelinka and Ham as the debate continued.

On the cusp of training camp, as media day neared and the topic of Westbrook’s uncertain future continued to dominate the conversation around the NBA, sources with direct knowledge of the negotiations say the Lakers’ key decision-makers spent several days engaged in deep conversations about the feasibility of a blockbuster trade with Indiana. Vice president of basketball operations and general manager Rob Pelinka, owner Jeanie Buss and senior basketball adviser Kurt Rambis seriously considered sending Westbrook and unprotected first-round picks in 2027 and 2029 to the Pacers for center Myles Turner and guard Buddy Hield, sources said. They held a series of meetings in the days leading up to camp to analyze the possible Pacers deal from every angle, with the views of Ham and Lakers executives Joey and Jesse Buss also being strongly considered in the process. The organization even delayed the midweek news conference for Pelinka and Ham as the debate continued.

WTF is Rambis still involved? No wonder nothing is getting done. GTFOH!

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dubs can't afford him and Wiggins right

Yeah going to be almost impossible. Then they have a Draymond extension looming. Any dollar they commit to these guys is 4x the price tag. So if they gave Poole the same deal the Heat gave Herro, it's effectively committing 4 yrs, 520M. That's just for Poole. Yikes.

I think the Warriors are hoping one of the young guys takes a big step forward. Moody, Kuminga or Baldwin could make it more palatable to lose Wiggins or Poole to FA. I think Poole is likely the one who will be retained, if only because he'll be a RFA. The Warriors can let the market dictate his value and match if they want.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No #1 seed for GS

IMO, I saw him in summer league and even though he put up some numbers it felt like at times it was to the detriment of the team. It's hard to say because in Summer League you're trying to get yours, which is understandable, so it's harder to evaluate. He's a fringe NBA guy. Maybe with the right team he can find a role, but it won't be in a motion offense.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah going to be almost impossible. Then they have a Draymond extension looming. Any dollar they commit to these guys is 4x the price tag. So if they gave Poole the same deal the Heat gave Herro, it's effectively committing 4 yrs, 520M. That's just for Poole. Yikes.

I think the Warriors are hoping one of the young guys takes a big step forward. Moody, Kuminga or Baldwin could make it more palatable to lose Wiggins or Poole to FA. I think Poole is likely the one who will be retained, if only because he'll be a RFA. The Warriors can let the market dictate his value and match if they want.
But Wiggins is a FAR bigger piece of the puzzle. I think they will keep him over Poole. And yes obviously the idea is the young guys step up so they don't need him.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Wiggins is a FAR bigger piece of the puzzle. I think they will keep him over Poole. And yes obviously the idea is the young guys step up so they don't need him.
I don't disagree with the Wiggins take, but the only reason he's more "valuable" so far is that they still have Steph play making and creating. He's a more valuable ancillary piece, whereas I believe Jordan has the tools to be a lead first guy. He can handle more of the on-ball duties. Wiggins' defense, finishing and secondary scoring though is incredibly valuable as well. I don't think there's a right answer as to who is the bigger piece, IMO.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyrie shouldn't be part of any teams long term plans.
I’m just wondering at the ninja subtleness of saying he is not ‘apart’. Is it a misspelling or is he really a part since he is not apart from the plan?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m just wondering at the ninja subtleness of saying he is not ‘apart’. Is it a misspelling or is he really a part since he is not apart from the plan?

Not really sure. But we should look into it.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the deal of Westbrook to Indiana for Turner and Hield was considered one more time and the conclusion was Pelinka stopped the discussion and made the decision to wait and see if Westbrook can still "somehow fit". LOL! I think now there is nothing left on the dead horse!!

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't disagree with the Wiggins take, but the only reason he's more "valuable" so far is that they still have Steph play making and creating. He's a more valuable ancillary piece, whereas I believe Jordan has the tools to be a lead first guy. He can handle more of the on-ball duties. Wiggins' defense, finishing and secondary scoring though is incredibly valuable as well. I don't think there's a right answer as to who is the bigger piece, IMO.
I think you can get a 'right answer' considering the timing and circumstances. This year and next, with Steph, Klay, and presumably Dray here for both years, Wiggins is far more important in a position we don't have much else. Would Poole even start much over the next 2 years?

After that presumably the kids are grown and ready to take over, and a Wiggins as the old guy (30 yrs old) is the vet you need. Not an undersized one way guard like Poole. Seems like an easy choice between them to me. Maybe 3 seasons from now you'll wish you had Poole but if the kids grow as expected I think not.

And nothing is certain, no matter which choice they make, luck will be a factor. It's a pretty good problem to have, too much talent to afford.